Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
Levelers Not Powering On

Just pulled into a campsite and the automatic leveler panel will not power on. Engine is running, emergency brake is engaged and we are hooked up to shore power. Any thoughts on what may be wrong?

Old 01-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #2

Model: ACE - 29
State: Arkansas
THOR #6797
Shut the engine off and try again.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:34 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Do you have power to the panel and switches?

My rig has to have the parking brake set, and the engine running... I don't think that shutting it down is going to do it... but I've been wrong before!

If this doesn't work: start checking the fuses and breakers...

Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
you probably have a blown 'bus fuse' in the battery compartment, usually located on the wall, with a little yellow 'flag' protruding... push it back in and your hydraulics should work again.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
you probably have a blown 'bus fuse' in the battery compartment, usually located on the wall, with a little yellow 'flag' protruding... push it back in and your hydraulics should work again.
This!
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Did you get things working properly?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
The battery compartment has 2 breakers, a 50 amp and a 100 amp. Its probably the 100 amp that is tripped.
They are hard to find because of all the cables. The 100 amp is all way in the back, you might have to move some cables around to find it.

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:27 AM   #8

THOR #6952
We are back home, luckly we had a level camp site and didn't have issues retracting the slides, but the leveler system has no power. I looked for the bus switch but so far haven't located it. I will look for the 100 amp switch tomorrow. Thank you all for the suggestions!
Old 01-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Good luck; please l;et us know what you find!
Old 01-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #10

THOR #6952
I have tried resetting the buss switch and still no power. Called my dealer and cannot get an appointment until March 1st. We have a camping trip planned in February and concerned about using the slides. If I can confirm with a level the spot is level is there a risk using the slides? Would like to hear if anyone has experience or other thoughts about the lack of power to the LCI leveling system. Thanks
Old 01-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #11

THOR #4735
I believe your leveler panel itself runs off a fuse, possibly right below the driver in the 'chassis' electrical compartment, on the main fuse panel. Since it is tied into the ignition, it should be located there and may have blown.

the leveler hydraulic legs run off a 'Bus fuse' in the battery compartment, mounted on the wall typically, where a little yellow 'flag' will show if it is tripped. Ours did this once. The panel would work, but the legs would not. Flipped the yellow flag back in and all was good.

as far as using your 'dealer', don't let their backlog cause you to lose travel time - you should be able to use any RV shop or other dealer of your choice, even a mobile RV service, though I would think any competent automotive shop could diagnose a possible FUSE issue.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #12
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I agree... perhaps it's time to "fish in a different pond"...
Good luck finding a new *(and better!) shop!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #13

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #8264
I've been getting a low voltage warning on my control panel. Perhaps I have a fuse problem as well. Does anyone know which fuse under the dashboard would relate to the levelers? My fuse box is not labeled. Batteries are all good and breaker by the house batteries is fine.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:14 PM   #14

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTR10 View Post
I've been getting a low voltage warning on my control panel. Perhaps I have a fuse problem as well. Does anyone know which fuse under the dashboard would relate to the levelers? My fuse box is not labeled. Batteries are all good and breaker by the house batteries is fine.
I get the same warning if I forget to start the RV first. The ignition has to be on to get the right voltage.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:13 PM   #15

THOR #4735
if you're getting a 'low voltage' warning, then it's certainly not your fuse, as nothing would work at all if it was blown, but it is a notice that your HOUSE batteries, which power the hydraulic jacks/legs, are low - maybe too low to move the legs, or move them once they reach the ground and have the weight of the coach on them. It doesn't mean you can't still try to move them if you use the 'MANUAL' method, but the 'AUTO' will probably not activate until the HOUSE batteries have enough charge, either by the Alternator charging them, the Generator, or Shore Power.

Many times when a coach has sat around for a while, especially more than several days, the 'low voltage' notice light will come on. Usually after you've traveled for some time, and you get ready to park and deploy the legs, you don't see the warning because you alternator has been charging the batteries during that time.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #16

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #5840
This may shed some more light.... The leveler panel on my 2014 Hurricane apparently has dirty contacts. I have to repeatedly press the power on button several times to get it to power on. Just haven't had the time to investigate further.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:12 AM   #17

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Texas
THOR #1406
VJRocky. Mines too. Please share the solution.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:29 PM   #18

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRut View Post
VJRocky. Mines too. Please share the solution.
On my last coach, a Holiday Rambler, I removed the panel cover and cleaned the contacts with 90% alcohol. I haven't had the time yet with my Hurricane. I suspect humidity inside the coach is the culprit. I bought mine used, and it was like that when purchased. I have Maxi covers on all the roof vents to allow them to stay cracked open which keeps air moving in the coach. That prevents drastic temp. changes between inside and outside air which prevents condensation buildup inside the coach. Best of luck with yours.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:42 AM   #19

THOR #6952
After a four week wait, I was able to take the coach into my dealer. The mother board on the leveler unit was not working. They have ordered the part but it has now been an additonal two weeks and no ETA. We have a 8 day stay booked for 3/19 (family reunion) so we are praying we can get it fixed. Curious if anyone has used other methods to level a Challenger or other Class A without the advantage of the power leveling system. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dealer is General RV, Model is 2017 Challenger 37KT.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #20
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
After a four week wait, I was able to take the coach into my dealer. The mother board on the leveler unit was not working. They have ordered the part but it has now been an additonal two weeks and no ETA. We have a 8 day stay booked for 3/19 (family reunion) so we are praying we can get it fixed. Curious if anyone has used other methods to level a Challenger or other Class A without the advantage of the power leveling system. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dealer is General RV, Model is 2017 Challenger 37KT.
Hopefully they let you take it home while you wait for the new part.

You can always level it old school: boards and "lego" style blocks under the tires.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote