Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2018, 12:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #6012
leveling

I have a class C MH with dual wheels (single axle) without leveling jacks. Sometime in the future (if I keep this MH) I would like to have some installed. In the mean time, has anyone use Anderson Manufacturing 3620 Rapid Jacks to level their MH?

Old 03-29-2018, 01:22 AM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
No experience with the Andersons, but I had an HWH auto leveling system installed on mine. It works great.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:04 AM   #3

Model: 2018 Windsport 34J
State: Washington
THOR #9055
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday51 View Post
I have a class C MH with dual wheels (single axle) without leveling jacks. Sometime in the future (if I keep this MH) I would like to have some installed. In the mean time, has anyone use Anderson Manufacturing 3620 Rapid Jacks to level their MH?
I used them for the Sunseeker I used to have. Worked great for me, my front was always 2 or so inches lower than the rear. I used them whenever I set up camp.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:39 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
I had the HWH leveling jack system installed on my Vegas before I took delivery. We really like the stability and power leveling.

You mentioned "...if I keep this MH..." and that is key to this decision. You won't get much back when you go to sell it. I plan to take mine off and sell them to someone at a nice discount, when the day finally comes that we are ready to part with our Vegas. (Not anytime in the foreseeable future!)
Old 03-30-2018, 12:54 AM   #5

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Frankly you don't add something like a leveling system, with the intent of recovering the cost, but to make the coach easier and more pleasant to use. Major adds, I have done to the Gemini, the HWH levelers, a second roof mounted matching AC/HeatPump, and inverter, running boards, Pleated track cab blinds, automatic satellite system, and more. Though these adds will certainly not hurt, I know I will not recover all costs.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:11 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #6012
leveling

I purchased a Hopkins RV Smart-Level kit to be used with the Hopkins RV Leveling Kit. Instructions state that the RV must be level prior to installing the Smart-Level Kit. What is your best method to pre-level the RV before installation of the Smart-Level Kit?