Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2015, 03:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Adding a T Fitting On LP Tank For BBQ

I am considering adding this Camco T fitting to accommodate a BBQ grill...any opinions/recommendations on this or your favorite travel BBQ grills? This will be installed on a '15 Hurricane 34E

Amazon.com: Camco 59123 Propane Brass Tee with 4 Port with 5' and 12' Hose: Automotive

Old 02-26-2015, 04:37 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
I had the dealer install a similar product on my Axis. I use it to connect an extra propane tank.

The grill I like is the Coleman Road Trip.

Bruce
Old 02-26-2015, 05:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I have one of the Camco Extend-A-Stay adapters, and they work pretty good. In addition to powering your grill, if you run low on propane, you can attach a 20lb cylinder that you can chase down with your toad (if you have one) so you don't have to pack up the coach to refill it.

The only caveat when you attach the adapter, you have to relocate the regulator a bit, so make sure you have sufficient clearance and hose so that you can relocate the regulator.

In my case, the regulator was moved forward about 5".

Also, the original location of the regulator on my coach was over a metal pan that protected it from road debris and rocks from hitting it. When I relocated the regulator, it extended beyond the metal pan so the underside of the regulator was exposed to the ground, meaning rocks could potentially hit it.

My propane tank is located directly behind the passenger side front tire, and since the propane tank compartment is open on the bottom, there is potential for the tire throwing debris at the regulator.

So I made this shield out of a piece of 1/2" thick King Starboard I had left over from a boating project. It fits under the new regulator location so that the regulator is protected from stones hitting it as we are driving down the road.

I simply attached the starboard under the metal shield with a couple of machine screws and bolts. If you look directly under the new tee fitting, you can see where the metal pan ends and the Starboard begins. It was long enough that I could also screw down the grey regulator cover to the Starboard as well.

I used Starboard as that is what I had in the garage. But you could use metal, wood or any other suitable material if you should need to make a shield.

We used to have a Coleman Road Trip, but for two people it was just too large. So we gave it to my brother and bought a much smaller Coleman Fold-N-Go which is perfect for 2~4 people.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:27 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to do it!!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #5

Model: Miramar
State: Kentucky
THOR #1533
I have an Aussie with hanger brackets and stand 6TV1S00KP1/6TV1S00SS1. Great little grill
Old 03-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob n Cindy View Post
I have an Aussie with hanger brackets and stand 6TV1S00KP1/6TV1S00SS1. Great little grill
I also have the Aussie (second coach equipped with one) and agree it is a good little grill. Multiple RV manufacturers use the Aussie for their units with outdoor kitchens. My first was a Forest River class C and now the Thor Challenger.

My recommendation is to measure your storage compartments and then look at the grill dimensions before you purchase. You don't want to buy something you can't store in a compartment.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote