Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy3jx3 View Post
UPDATE. So....progress. Figured out low voltage problem & generator starts now. However, jacks still won’t retract. When I do auto retract, it makes noise, but doesn’t retract. Can’t get them to manually retract either. Any ideas?

Btw, Thor was worthless. The guy told me to do what I did several times. He wouldn’t listen to me & talked to me like I was an idiot. ��
What was the low voltage problem???

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Virginia
THOR #8246
FIXED! Turns out the diod pack was bad. Lippert will send me a new one for free. Thx everyone for your help.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:25 PM   #23

Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Virginia
THOR #8246
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
What was the low voltage problem???
There was another 100amp that was blown. I didn’t see it because it was back behind the batteries.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #24

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
For the most part the only way I can get my jacks down without experiencing a low voltage error is by hooking up to shore power first. However, the jack system is so unpredictable that sometimes I am able to operate the jacks in auto mode (down) without having to run the engine and with the shore power connected. I think the system is possessed. It is definitely the most unreliable system on my coach and seems to piss me off the most.
Ok for me I had this problem too. While changing the batteries and cleaning out the compartment which also has the hydraulic pump for the slide, I came across the wire harness located there and when I moved it the wire fell out of the back of the 15 amp C/B. The wire would not go back in the plastic box to clamp it in place so I had to cut away the side and did it that way, a temp fix but the slide worked without gen. power. Later on I wired in a new plastic box for the 15amp C/B and it works even better now. Check that C/B and tug the wires in the harness laying next to the slide motor.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #25

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Ok for me I had this problem too. While changing the batteries and cleaning out the compartment which also has the hydraulic pump for the slide, I came across the wire harness located there and when I moved it the wire fell out of the back of the 15 amp C/B. The wire would not go back in the plastic box to clamp it in place so I had to cut away the side and did it that way, a temp fix but the slide worked without gen. power. Later on I wired in a new plastic box for the 15amp C/B and it works even better now. Check that C/B and tug the wires in the harness laying next to the slide motor.
Oh yeah, careful where you lay that wire cause if it touches the frame then the fuse blows and you get to replace that too.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:49 PM   #26

State: Nevada
THOR #10433
Low battery

I had this problem once and found that the connector on the control box came off. My box is located in one of the storage bins under the motorhome.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
To my surprise...it was the cabin batteries. YES...they were your Cheap $90 each set of batteries. Now I know the manufacturer does not sell a $95,000 coach with cheap batteries, but this seller did! Again, another lesson well learned...go cheap, get cheap! Long story short, and after some awesome tips and $600 in rv/marine batteries... Any suggestions on routes, let me know![/QUOTE)

I sold a 2015 Thor Hurricane 34E earlier this year and last year I had to replace the “stock” house batteries with new deep cell batteries. Those ran $127 each.