Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
Posts: 1
THOR #20029
Magnitude BB35 discontinued, replaced with RB34

I'm super-sad, I've been saving to cash-purchase a BB35 floorplan Magnitude, only to be finally ready and called to order - told today that the BB35 has been discontinued for ordering as the BB35 is being replaced with the RB34.

Still a bunkhouse, but the king bed has been replaced with a smaller queen ( I need the king). Bedroom closet space has substantially shrunk because of washer/dryer cabinet in the bedroom. Jackknife sofa has been replaced with standard theater seats (so no sleeping there now.) The outdoor kitchen is now a fraction of what it used to be.

On the plus side, the tiny coat closet has been replaced with a usable pantry. But the downsides are awful for what my family needs, which is the BB35 layout, which they won't even take an order for now. So much for saving up for two years and doing the "responsible thing" instead of financing. I'm going to have to try to find a BB35 used or purchase out of state an old-stock BB35 with the colors we want, and currently there is NOTHING with the exterior red strip and the dark cabinetry both on RVtrader. God am I disappointed..... Why Thor.... why.....
__________________

__________________
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 16,124
THOR #8860
Perhaps you can find the one you want in Dealer stock somewhere...
Welcome to the Forum, and Happy Hunting!
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points out the folly of Man!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 1,278
THOR #12751
General RV in Canton, OH has one according to RV Trader and there are a couple other dealers as well...

https://www.rvtrader.com/Thor-Motor-...m=BB35%7C59824
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 729
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM22 View Post
I'm super-sad, I've been saving to cash-purchase a BB35 floorplan Magnitude, only to be finally ready and called to order - told today that the BB35 has been discontinued for ordering as the BB35 is being replaced with the RB34.

Still a bunkhouse, but the king bed has been replaced with a smaller queen ( I need the king). Bedroom closet space has substantially shrunk because of washer/dryer cabinet in the bedroom. Jackknife sofa has been replaced with standard theater seats (so no sleeping there now.) The outdoor kitchen is now a fraction of what it used to be.

On the plus side, the tiny coat closet has been replaced with a usable pantry. But the downsides are awful for what my family needs, which is the BB35 layout, which they won't even take an order for now. So much for saving up for two years and doing the "responsible thing" instead of financing. I'm going to have to try to find a BB35 used or purchase out of state an old-stock BB35 with the colors we want, and currently there is NOTHING with the exterior red strip and the dark cabinetry both on RVtrader. God am I disappointed..... Why Thor.... why.....
Thor did that to us twice!!!!

We first fell in love with the ACE 29.3 that had the upgraded Residential Fridge package. The 2 units that we wanted to buy never could get past PDI and we were forced to look elsewhere; when we learned they had been discontinued by Thor. We spent 6 months trying to find one across the country but gave up. It was always something missing or lacking and we couldn't afford to fly all over the country to look at RV. Especially with our experience with issues that the Dealer would not commit to repair in Texas.

We resurfaced later trying again, but this time we tried to buy Thor's upgrade over the ACE the Windsport / Hurricane 27B, but we were losing the outdoor kitchen, losing storage, losing the full access bed as it required the slide out. The 27B had the flip up bed which I hated. But we had no choice as the ACE 29.3s were gone; so we try to buy one in Texas; but it too could not pass the PDI Then we learned Thor had discontinued the 27Bs We wanted a brand new RV, and in many cases we found some new RVs cheaper than used. So we gave up on Thor when we found the Winnebago 29VE. Gosh it was perfect. Coach was brand new in a Dealer's inside facility in Florida without a single scratch on it We got a full time full size bed (no flip up); we got a larger outdoor kitchen; which we love, 40" TVs outside and Main TV inside 40", gigantic storage space in the compartments and more. We conceded the Residential Fridge but we are now glad to have the propane / electric model.

Invest your money wisely while you keep looking, when you see it, you will know it and you will be very glad you were patient.
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29VE w/Magellan Tent
Safe T Plus EC-30 AGS
Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater & Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 2,598
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Thor did that to us twice!!!!

We first fell in love with the ACE 29.3 that had the upgraded Residential Fridge package. The 2 units that we wanted to buy never could get past PDI and we were forced to look elsewhere; when we learned they had been discontinued by Thor. We spent 6 months trying to find one across the country but gave up. It was always something missing or lacking and we couldn't afford to fly all over the country to look at RV. Especially with our experience with issues that the Dealer would not commit to repair in Texas.

We resurfaced later trying again, but this time we tried to buy Thor's upgrade over the ACE the Windsport / Hurricane 27B, but we were losing the outdoor kitchen, losing storage, losing the full access bed as it required the slide out. The 27B had the flip up bed which I hated. But we had no choice as the ACE 29.3s were gone; so we try to buy one in Texas; but it too could not pass the PDI Then we learned Thor had discontinued the 27Bs We wanted a brand new RV, and in many cases we found some new RVs cheaper than used. So we gave up on Thor when we found the Winnebago 29VE. Gosh it was perfect. Coach was brand new in a Dealer's inside facility in Florida without a single scratch on it We got a full time full size bed (no flip up); we got a larger outdoor kitchen; which we love, 40" TVs outside and Main TV inside 40", gigantic storage space in the compartments and more. We conceded the Residential Fridge but we are now glad to have the propane / electric model.

Invest your money wisely while you keep looking, when you see it, you will know it and you will be very glad you were patient.


Howís your 29VE holding up? Ours started out fine but started coming apart at the seams after about 10,000 miles. Traded it.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:44 PM   #6
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,663
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM22 View Post
I'm super-sad, I've been saving to cash-purchase a BB35 floorplan Magnitude, only to be finally ready and called to order - told today that the BB35 has been discontinued for ordering as the BB35 is being replaced with the RB34.

Still a bunkhouse, but the king bed has been replaced with a smaller queen ( I need the king). Bedroom closet space has substantially shrunk because of washer/dryer cabinet in the bedroom. Jackknife sofa has been replaced with standard theater seats (so no sleeping there now.) The outdoor kitchen is now a fraction of what it used to be.

On the plus side, the tiny coat closet has been replaced with a usable pantry. But the downsides are awful for what my family needs, which is the BB35 layout, which they won't even take an order for now. So much for saving up for two years and doing the "responsible thing" instead of financing. I'm going to have to try to find a BB35 used or purchase out of state an old-stock BB35 with the colors we want, and currently there is NOTHING with the exterior red strip and the dark cabinetry both on RVtrader. God am I disappointed..... Why Thor.... why.....
Have you looked at the JAYCO Seneca or Entegra Accolade 37L? They do cost a little more but they are on a class 7 chassis rather than a class 5 and they do have most of what you have on your wish list. They do not have an outdoor kitchen but do have an external LP hookup for a grill.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 729
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
How’s your 29VE holding up? Ours started out fine but started coming apart at the seams after about 10,000 miles. Traded it.

We have had 8 months now. We just love it. Had about 600 miles on it when we bought it and the generator only had .1 hour We have put about 7,000 miles on it thus far. So maybe I got 3,000 miles left

We had some ticky tacky things; but Winnebago helped us. We flew 1500 miles to buy from a Winnebago dealer in Florida that had the perfect coach & price; thus the local dealers were not obligated to support some of those things; but we found a Winnebago dealer that has taken care of us like we were there own. I overly thank them every time I leave the place, and add a positive Google review to boot. Even if they screw me in the future; I will sing their praise because I don't know what good it will do to complain I figure if I ever don't like them, I will simply stop going.

Example of some things I refer to as ticky tacky, we were missing a bathroom key, a awning retract key, had the wrong manual per our serial code, and our grill was dent. Winnebago sent us a new custom manual (now we have two ) they had the selling dealer pay for other items while the local dealer placed the order (if that makes sense).

It is actually at the dealer now because the cameras would occasionally flash on or off, they said the selector switch was bad so it was replaced. I also found a leak in the gray tank when it is was unintentionally overflowed. The overflowing was actually because of my learning on this site. Most Thor owners have been saying the sink in the bathroom drains to the black tank. In my prepping to buy a Thor that is what I had learned, so one day while traveling we noticed our gray tank was reading full, so versus draining at a RV stop; we decided we could wait until we got back to Dallas. I falsely told my wife and daughter they could continue to use the bathroom sink until we got back to Dallas as the gray tank was full but not the black tank. From inside all seem well, but when we got home and I opened outside compartment hatch we had about 2 gallons of gray water that had spilled in!!! Worked with Winnebago to learn that our bathroom sink flows to gray tank, the outdoor kitchen sink has a pump to the black tank. Once I learned that; I had to know why did the gray tank overflow into the outer bay compartment hatch versus backup into the shower? Winnebago gave me a warranty claim to go to the dealer to fix a seal on the top of the gray tank. My understanding is that has been fixed, the seal was under the floor; so it never entered the coach.

FWIW, I had the same local dealer install the EC-30 a while back and that has been one of my favorite gadgets. That was on my own dime and may be why they treat me as their own. Since they did not get the sale, but were doing the warranty work, I wanted to support them; so I bought the Onan AGS EC-30 that I always wanted

But I love our coach, and so very happy the way it turned out. I am actually grateful to the Thor Dealer who refused to fix those PDI items and the good people on this Thor forum who coached me every step of the way on what to do and not do. Otherwise; we would NOT have the coach we have today.
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29VE w/Magellan Tent
Safe T Plus EC-30 AGS
Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi EX7300; H/W Heater & Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
State: Alabama
Posts: 2,598
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
We have had 8 months now. We just love it. Had about 600 miles on it when we bought it and the generator only had .1 hour We have put about 7,000 miles on it thus far. So maybe I got 3,000 miles left



We had some ticky tacky things; but Winnebago helped us. We flew 1500 miles to buy from a Winnebago dealer in Florida that had the perfect coach & price; thus the local dealers were not obligated to support some of those things; but we found a Winnebago dealer that has taken care of us like we were there own. I overly thank them every time I leave the place, and add a positive Google review to boot. Even if they screw me in the future; I will sing their praise because I don't know what good it will do to complain I figure if I ever don't like them, I will simply stop going.



Example of some things I refer to as ticky tacky, we were missing a bathroom key, a awning retract key, had the wrong manual per our serial code, and our grill was dent. Winnebago sent us a new custom manual (now we have two ) they had the selling dealer pay for other items while the local dealer placed the order (if that makes sense).



It is actually at the dealer now because the cameras would occasionally flash on or off, they said the selector switch was bad so it was replaced. I also found a leak in the gray tank when it is was unintentionally overflowed. The overflowing was actually because of my learning on this site. Most Thor owners have been saying the sink in the bathroom drains to the black tank. In my prepping to buy a Thor that is what I had learned, so one day while traveling we noticed our gray tank was reading full, so versus draining at a RV stop; we decided we could wait until we got back to Dallas. I falsely told my wife and daughter they could continue to use the bathroom sink until we got back to Dallas as the gray tank was full but not the black tank. From inside all seem well, but when we got home and I opened outside compartment hatch we had about 2 gallons of gray water that had spilled in!!! Worked with Winnebago to learn that our bathroom sink flows to gray tank, the outdoor kitchen sink has a pump to the black tank. Once I learned that; I had to know why did the gray tank overflow in the outer bay compartment versus backup into the shower Winnebago gave me warranty claim to go to the dealer to fix a seal on the top of the gray tank. My understanding is that has been fixed, the seal was under the floor so it never entered the coach.



FWIW, I had the same local dealer install the EC-30 a while back and that has been one of my favorite gadgets. That was on my own dime and may be why they treat as their own. Since they did not get the sale, but were doing the warranty work, I wanted to support them; so I bought the AGS EC-30 that I always wanted



But I love our coach and so very happy the way t turned out. I am actually grateful to the Thor Dealer who refused fix those PDI items and good people on this Thor forum who coached me every step of the way on what to do and not do. Otherwise we would NOT have the coach we have today.


Iím so glad! Ours was a very early production one when the model was first introduced in 2017 and had been on the show circuit for some months before we bought it. We thought that might be a good thing - dealer finding and fixing bugs for shows. But maybe not. Winnebago makes good stuff and I was puzzled when many problems showed up pretty much all at once. Worst was bubbling up of flooring, leaks around windows and the engine access hood falling off. All fixable but we also discovered that our needs were different than we thought when we bought it. Live and learn.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:07 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 9
THOR #13243
Those changes (W/D hookup, theater seating) and the fact it can be ordered with 4x4, has put it back in the running for me.
__________________

__________________
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×