Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #5254
Thor Hurricane 34F versus 35C

We have been looking at the Hurricane 34F and love the floor plan, and the price we have found on a left over 2016 is very good. But my wife is a bit concerned about the longevity of the full slide, versus the 35C that has smaller slides. The pro's for me on the 34F is the King Bed and outside kitchen. She likes the idea of having 1 1/2 baths on the 35C, and we have found a BIGGER discount on the 35C due to it sitting on lot for over a year.

My question is for current owners, or others that have some experience with full slides and/or 1 1/2 baths. Should I be concerned with the latest full slides? I don't mind the 1 1/2 baths but thought it would have been better to have the shower in the rear bath instead of the front bath.

Thoughts?

Old 08-28-2016, 01:36 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
State: Florida
THOR #3836
I just bought a hurricane 31s with two slides. I looked at the full side slide out, but I didn't like the way it operated. it had a lot of noise coming in and out and it appeared to lean slightly when extended . the dealer told me they have issues with the full slides on most motorhomes.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:09 AM   #3

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
Before buying my 34f, I purposely waited for the 2015 model with the upgrade to the 3 trax system. I have over 11k currently on my coach and I use it 2-3 times a month. I have taken 5 - 2 week excursions where I will extend and retract the slides daily. I do keep all my tracks well lubricated including the lower guide wheels. I never extend my slides until the coach is leveled. I also keep the slide moving until it is fully extended/rectacted to keep the motors in sync. That seems to be a big issue with these slides. The ONLY issue I had was the slide weatherstripping got caught in the motor gears which was repaired under warranty. Schwintek has many informative videos to keep your slide well maintained.
Montz, Louisiana
The Guidrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
We have been looking at the Hurricane 34F and love the floor plan, and the price we have found on a left over 2016 is very good. But my wife is a bit concerned about the longevity of the full slide, versus the 35C that has smaller slides. The pro's for me on the 34F is the King Bed and outside kitchen. She likes the idea of having 1 1/2 baths on the 35C, and we have found a BIGGER discount on the 35C due to it sitting on lot for over a year.

My question is for current owners, or others that have some experience with full slides and/or 1 1/2 baths. Should I be concerned with the latest full slides? I don't mind the 1 1/2 baths but thought it would have been better to have the shower in the rear bath instead of the front bath.

Thoughts?
I stayed away from the Super C, Hurricane and Miramar because the only models with outdoor kitchens had full wall slides and at the time Thor had not yet started using the 3 Trak system. About a year after we started looking we found the Challenger 37ND.

1 1/2 bath - if you decide to go this route don't sign anything until you know how all of the fixtures are plumbed into the tanks and don't assume the dealer or regional sales rep knows how the tanks are plumbed. A sink plumbed into a black tank can drastically cut the time between dumping.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112 View Post
....cut... I don't mind the 1 1/2 baths but thought it would have been better to have the shower in the rear bath instead of the front bath.

Thoughts?
There was an excellent article written in a publication a couple of years ago on that subject, but unfortunately I couldn't find it.

As I recall, it stated that initially most 1-1/2 bath motorhomes were designed with full bath at rear, but some owners didn't like guests (and perhaps children) having to go through private bedroom area to access shower.

Placing shower in front of bedroom solves that problem, plus if traveling alone as a couple then shower location shouldn't matter as much anyway.

I don't have experience with 1-1/2 baths, although I like the idea a lot regardless of how it's done.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
We just purchased a 2016 Hurricane 35C in April. We did look at other models of the Hurricane and decided that we liked the smaller slides and the bath and a half more than a king bed. Our previous RV one had one bath so we only had to route one slinky, now we have two connections with a Y adapter that goes to the sewer. If we use a dump station, we have twice as many tanks to dump. We also didn't like the space when the full wall slide was in on the 34F, it was cramped. The 35C is very usable when the slides are in except getting to the rear bath.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:39 PM   #7

State: Maryland
THOR #3227
Thor Hurricane 34F vs 35C

We bought our first MH, a Hurricane 35C, last September after looking at numerous models. We liked the convienence of the two baths even though the rear is a half bath. With the front slide in you can still very easily have access to the galley, refrig and main bathroom while traveling. The rear 1/2 bath is also very good to have when traveling with our twin 6 year old grandsons.
2013 Chrysler 300 "S", 1936 Chrysler C-8
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition
Brakeman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:21 PM   #8

State: Florida
THOR #4067
We purchased our 35c in april. We like it because of the bath and half. Also the option of adding a washer. Thor has been good about warranty issues. The choice is up to you , I don't like full.wall.slides.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #9

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
we just bought a 34F, and were originally considering a 35C.

Putting our list comparing the 2,

34F
we liked the openness front to back with the 34F
King bed
really like the rear window in the bedroom
like the larger sofa for sleeping
outdoor kitchen should be nice

35C
like the 1.5 baths
do not like walking past the shower door to get to the bedroom
prefer King bed, and the BR seems cavelike without the rear window
twin recliners commonly found reduce sleeping

Note, the newer 35M corrects some of our hangups with the full bath in the rear and a king bed, but those were not readily available when we were shopping. The 34F really fits our needs and we are certainly not the only ones traveling without a 1.5 bath.