Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2018, 02:36 AM   #41
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Our Axis is vented but I went a different route: Picked up a Portable Induction cooktop and cook outside on a table under the awning. We rarely use the propane stove anymore.

Use that in combination with the BBQ and we never use the kitchen for cooking .

I've pondered replacing the propane stove with an induction cooktop. We're already wired for it LOL (Our unit doesn't have the outside TV but I found the plug for the outside TV laying on the floor beneath the drawers...perfect induction cooktop feed ).
I have a portable induction burner too - and works great... Using it outside keeps all the heat/smell out of the RV (and sticks/bricks when home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
Our 31W has two propane and 1 induction burner on the cooktop. An interesting combo.
That's a combination I would like... The convenience/speed of induction when I have shore power - but still the ability to cook on propane when boondocking.

2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:41 AM   #42

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Our Axis is vented but I went a different route: Picked up a Portable Induction cooktop and cook outside on a table under the awning. We rarely use the propane stove anymore.

Use that in combination with the BBQ and we never use the kitchen for cooking .

I've pondered replacing the propane stove with an induction cooktop. We're already wired for it LOL (Our unit doesn't have the outside TV but I found the plug for the outside TV laying on the floor beneath the drawers...perfect induction cooktop feed ).
Even without the tv you should have an outside outlet. Mine always have. My Vegas does, just by the door. I do have a tv but it isn't related.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #43
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirnot View Post
Even without the tv you should have an outside outlet. Mine always have. My Vegas does, just by the door. I do have a tv but it isn't related.
I do have an outside outlet (its what I plug the induction cooktop into when cooking outdoors), but I also have a gang box complete with outlet just laying on the floor under our kitchen drawers not screwed, stapled, or nailed to anything. Just Thor providing for my future upgrades I bet if I look closely enough I'll find an hdmi cable and A/V cables laying around under there too! (Note I do not have an outside TV.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #44

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
The under cabinet microwaves are also stove hoods for venting but a vent that blows back into the coach. I was also contimplating adding an outside vent because the smoke alarms goes off allot when cooking on the stove unless the fantastic fan is running which my wife cannot reach. Someone at Thor put allot a thought into this setup.

BTW, this was the first RV out of a dozen we've owned that did not have an outside venting stove hood.
Ours had an outside vent but Thor did not remove the diverter plate on the microwave to let it vent! Had to do it ourselves. Have seen this both ways. Alot of units not coming with outside vents.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:47 PM   #45

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Well at least you HAVE a vent fan. My Winnebago has no fan at all over the stove and the nearest roof vent is unpowered.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:01 PM   #46
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
2017 Axis 24.1 is outside vented. Now.. I guess I will pull microwave and see if connected, vented correctly ??
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:17 PM   #47
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
2017 Axis 24.1 is outside vented. Now.. I guess I will pull microwave and see if connected, vented correctly ??
Why not just turn the fan on and see if you feel the air moving at the outside vent (hold a piece of paper up if you can't feel it).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:20 PM   #48
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Because that would be too easy! You know I'm so so used to having the Thor and being in pain. I don't know when to stop... actually thank you for that I will do that as soon as I put a new battery in. I removed the old one couple hours ago the unit is Stone dead. Northwest Indiana winter.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote