Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #1282
Latch issue

I had the same problem on one side, on the way home from the dealer it came loose. I had to weld a small strip of metal on the latch frame to increase the thickness of what the latch was grabbing. If you don't weld, you could use some liquid weld to attach a 1/4" tick piece of steel as I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodridsge View Post
I just purchased a Miramar 34.2, on first trip we had the motor cover latches come undone/open 7 times (sometimes right, sometimes left). On two occasions both motor hatch covers came open and the entire hatch raised up obstructing the driver's view while going down the road. I have tried adjusting the two latch bolts but it would appear latches do not extend long enough to make a solid and secure hold.
Anyone else with this issue? Help.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1284
I'm glad I'm reading this thread...was seriously considering buying a Miramar!

Bittersweet because I wish everyone was happy with theirs. I just walked through a Miramar at the dealer yesterday. I was very unimpressed with the workmanship of the coach. I wish that was the case. We love the the 34.2 and 34.3 and am trying to convince myself the "outside the norm" issues won't exist when I buy mine. It's not looking good for Thor to gain a new customer though.

Thank you for the information!
Old 12-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #43

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
An update on my 34.2,

Finally picked it up from the dealer, 2 months later. The dealer is telling me the issue with the slide not moving in and out correctly was caused by a roller piece that was missing!?!? According to the technician that worked on the slide, they (THOR) forgot to install a roller on the forward slide track, under the slide. This missing roller was putting undue stress on the forward part of the slide, causing the issues!

They had to remove the slide completly from the motorhome to make the necessary repairs. They also replaced all the rails and put low speed, high torque motors on the slide, so it moves a little slower but I'm hoping in the long run it will work properly!! I'm willing to sacrifice a few seconds for a smooth operation.

Another example of poor workmanship and even worse quality control from Thor!!!

Still missing parts that THOR has either failed to ship, or in the case of a wood trim piece, sent the wrong one!! 10 months we've owned this RV, it has been parked at the dealer more then it's been in our possession!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #44

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
Glad to hear your RV was repaired and you have it back.

The under floor rollers are critical to slide operation. The schwintek mechanism is not designed to carry weight. Their purpose is to extend and retract the slide room, and to keep the room level. The weight of the slide is carried by the 6 floor rollers in your unit. If a floor roller is mis-adjusted, or missing as in your case, too much weight will be carried by the schwintek v-roller, and they can break - which is a significant failure. Now that your RV is back, you should make sure all rollers are in good contact with the aluminum floor plates on the bottom side of the slide floor... as this will ensure the weight of the slide is being carried by the floor rollers and not the v-rollers. You can also inspect the v-rollers... and you can tell if they are carrying too much weight. Regards...
Old 12-16-2014, 03:01 AM   #45

State: Florida
THOR #682
Miramar 34.2

Thanks Streamcamper I will check that next, and yes the kitchen sink has same problem.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:03 AM   #46

THOR #682
Miramarr 34.2 shower

Well guys i told you i would update you on what was the cause of the shower not draining in the Miramar. Took it to dealership who had to call Thor for plumbing schematics ,and as i mentioned before they sent pictures that do not match the Miramar. Thor then told the dealership that the shower was vented in the black tank? we know thats BS as i already pulled the wall behind tv where the black tank is vented. Thor finally gave permission to remove the shower and walls to gain access. Guess what they never piped the vent , there it sits half way up the wall capped . The dealership plumbed it through the roof and wala it drains. I think this needs to be taken to the top of Thor to let them know how great their QC department is. Miramar owners or prospective buyers beware.
Final note while at dealership more cabinet hinges off, battery disconnect failure and the list goes on.
Shower mishap lawsuit?
Old 03-20-2015, 01:29 AM   #47

Model: Miramar
State: Kentucky
THOR #1533
Hi folks
When we dropped our Miramar 34.2 (2014) off at Thor on Monday for some warranty issues, I asked the rep assigned to our coach about different electrical issues. He said they have two guys that run the electric on the coaches and each one wires them differently. No standard (written in concrete) way of wiring the coach. At least we all have a custom rigs. The Thor service department is very impressive tho, they treat you great. I was very impressed.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #48

Model: Miramar
State: Kentucky
THOR #1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by retromike View Post
hey guys, just an update took Miramar in for warranty work on a few items and its been in there for a couple of weeks. Not sure if anyone has checked into the vent in Livingroom whether it can be upgraded to electric. I have asked the service department but they havent gotten back to me. Seems like Thor would have ran 12 volt to that area for that option. Just curious.:
I had a Fantastic Fan installed by the dealer a couple of months ago. Don't know if they ran the 12 volt to it or if already in the ceiling. Great fan...even comes with a remote. It's a lot nicer then the vent. Cost was around $350.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:35 PM   #49

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
Quote:
Hi Brian,
The only other thing is the steering wheel is a little off but drives super.

I love this motorhome! who wouldn't love that outside kitchen. Leaving at the end of Month for a week at State campground.
When I had the front end aligned at the Ford Dealer they stated that
there is no adjustment in the steering wheel to center it.
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #50

State: North Carolina
THOR #2107
Steering wheel

Phil:

I have a 2016 ACE 30.2 and I had my steering wheel leveled at our Ford commercial truck shop locally. It is adjusted at the base of the steering shaft, where it enters the steering gear. After it's loose, one tech levels it from the driver's seat, while another clamps it in place.

They charged 1/2 hour, 50 bucks. Worth it.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #51

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Saran View Post
When I had the front end aligned at the Ford Dealer they stated that
there is no adjustment in the steering wheel to center it.
That's the standard answer, because it's technically true. There is no steering wheel adjustment screw/knob/nut/bolt.

The correct answer is that in order to center the steering wheel, a front end alignment must be performed. The steering wheel is locked into your desired centered position. Then , the tie rods are adjusted so that the front wheels point down the road to their proper specifications.

That's how to "profitably" center the steering wheel on an F53 chassis. Most service writers would insist on this procedure, because it's super easy, and very profitable for them to perform.

The other way is for the steering shaft to be disconnected from the steering box, centered, and then reattached. Just as mentioned above on the ACE.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #52
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Found another problem,they never hooked up the back of radio for Sirius radio. Called Sirius and the told me I have to pull the radio to get to the back to see if cable is back there. The Sat button will never illuminate after following all the instructions. Oh well don't need Sat radio anyhow.
Did you get any manual for the ACs? I didn't receive it in my pack. Probably end up downloading it somewhere.
As to the sat radio, even though the radio has a sat button it must have a satellite tuner installed. Thot, to the best of my knowledge, does not install satellite tuners on most of their coaches. You will have to purchase the tuner separately.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:29 PM   #53

State: Arizona
THOR #2213
Sorry for everyone's issues. We have a 2015 Miramar 32.4. Bought June 2014 from CW. Had coach at Thor for 2 wks in Oct. 101 issues. Headed back there. Have a TERRIBLE SEWAGE ORDOR!!! The bathroom sink drains into the Black tank. Sewage odor while your brushing your teeth!! QC at Thor, they told us they don't have any!! Because we are full timers, we are finding things most owners don't find for yrs down the road. We'very had MANY breakdowns with parts broken or not working!! VERY FRUSTRATED!!
Old 08-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #54
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackman
The bathroom sink drains into the Black tank.
Yes this is very common and is usually designed that way (I don't know why but its on our plumbing prints I received from Thor).

Its not just Thor that does this as well but other motorhome manufacturers do it--only seems to be motorhomes with this design (our past 3 pull-behinds did not have this configuration though).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:18 AM   #55

THOR #943
Hi Rackman,
You are not the lone ranger with problems with the 34.2. We have owned ours since February 2014. Nothing but trouble. Have only been able to use it five times and each of those times we had many issues. Biggest one being the slide does not work properly and sometimes not at all. We have camped a couple of times not being able to open the slide.
It has been back to the factory and was there for two months. Not any improvements. Actually there were some other things wrong when we got it back.
Our kitchen sink backs up into the shower. Also, the shower does not drain properly. That is only a couple of things. We have many more repairs that need to be done.
My feeling is that Thor will string you out as long as possible hoping you will back down and give up. They are definitely not here for the customers. It's all about the money.
Camping World is no better with repairs. Customers are really taken advantage of.
Good luck and I hope you are able to get everything in working order.
ratboy46
Old 08-15-2015, 02:00 AM   #56

THOR #682
Miramar 34.2

Rat Boy,

Check my comments on shower not draining, Thor never completed the vent that runs the grey tank. It was capped off and not thru roof. I would make sure you have 2 vents in the rear bath area. They will need to pull shower if its not there.You can actually pull the plate above the rear wheels and look up in there and see the vent pipe. But you need to have 2 vents back there in the roof. Once the vent was extended I had no problem with the kitchen sink draining and backing up shower and the shower/e drains great. I took mine to La Mesa in Sanford they fixed it under warranty
Old 09-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #57

State: Maryland
THOR #2918

Hi, I am new to this forum and to the RV world. My 34.2 is still three weeks away from delivery so I have or will have many questions. Right now to prepare I am looking for a tent shelter to store the RV in. My question is has anyone tried to fit a 34.2 which is rated at 12'9" tall into a Shelter Logic which is rated at 12'6" in height. If there is another tent shelter better suited please advise and yes money is an object. Thanks to all.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #58

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
I have not, but I would expect you would need to raise the poles up on some blocks
to get the height you need to clear the roof. Just make sure the tent is secured to
the ground with some guide ropes to secure the tent from wind.
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #59

State: Maryland
THOR #2918

Phil thanks for the suggestion. The same one Shelter Logic had until I looked at the anchor system that requires the use of the holes in the flat foot to be used in the anchoring process. The structure is also 40ft long which would require many blocks and a work around way to anchor. I was hoping someone may have purchased another product that they could recommend or had devised a way to modify the Shelter Logic to accommodate the extra three inches. Your input is much appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #60

THOR #3046
I just talked with the SE regional mgr for Thor about the slow running drains in shower.
Engineers say for a while they made the mistake if running the vent line up the wall about 3 feet and capping it. Problem is now corrected. If you have a slow running shower drain thats the problem.