Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Mirimar 34.2
State: Florida
THOR #1799
Looking to install a Fantastic Vent in kitchen area manual vent. Has anyone determined if it is prewired for a fan? I have not pulled the garnish down to look, but I would think there should be with a 12v light being so close.

I have a MIrimar 34.2. Any suggestions here?

Thanks

Old 07-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #82

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Most are pre wired, you may have to fish it out!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:27 PM   #83

State: Maryland
THOR #2918
trkworm2 mine is a 2016 34.2 and I called Thor earlier this year and was told they do not provide or stub out the 12v required for the fantastic fan in the kitchen area. What I did was fish towards the rear of the coach to the light directly behind the existing vent and picked up 12v off the lights. This requires the lights to be on in order for the fan to function. let me know if you have better luck. Hope this helps.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:02 AM   #84

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
The issue with the slide starts with the tracks. I started noticing the forward rails were showing signs of wear, I started finding small pieces of metal shavings on the floor behind the drivers seat. Then I started noticing as the slide would extend and retract, As it hit the mid point it would noticeably drop, while extending. While retracting, the motors would labor and it would not track evenly, the front would move a little, then the rear half would begrudgingly start to move. Sometimes it would just stop!! Wouldn't budge! I would have to extend it back out and start over again! How frustrating!!!!!

There have been times when it's taken 15 minutes to get the thing all the way in! As it retracts, it seems when it first starts it is pulling uphill, and when it finally hits the mid point, the whole slide kinda drops and lurches and seems to fall back into its tracks and will retract normally!

When the slide is fully in or fully extended, there doesn't appear to be any water leaks, so the seals are okay. I was looking at a washer and dryer, but I'm a little reluctant now, not sure what another couple hundred pounds on the slide would do to it!!

I've heard similar stories, and apperently a slide of this size and weight should have a total of six rails and motors, not four. So the four motors just aren't strong enough to move the ginormous slide!!!!
Just asking, but have you ever opened or closed your slides part way? With this system you must hold the button until the slides are all the way out or in plus 3 or 4 seconds which keeps the motors in sync. If you don't you can get them out of sync and then you could get into big trouble. There is a procedure to re-sync them. You can do a search of the forum and there are links to youtube videos showing how to do it.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:59 AM   #85

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
The problem was with the initial construction of the RV. Apprently during installation someone forgot to install the forward roller in the floor. As the slide moved in and out the forward part was not supported, so it would start to flex the whole slide. Over time that flexing created all sorts of issues with the slide, the rails, motors, heck even the dinnette window started to bowe.

It wasn't until the repair facility removed the slide completely from the coach was this discovered. IMHO, I think all that wear on the slide without the roller may have tweeked it permanently. Even after all the major components of the slide system were replaced(twice), higher torque motor heck, they even added the 3rd rail to it, it still was having issues!!

Lesson learned, I will never purchase another RV with a giant slide!!

That coach is long gone and is someone else's problem now!!
Old 07-24-2016, 03:41 AM   #86

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Saran View Post
When I had the front end aligned at the Ford Dealer they stated that
there is no adjustment in the steering wheel to center it.
That sounds like bs to me...
Old 10-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #87

THOR #3586
Quote:
Originally Posted by retromike View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Found another problem,they never hooked up the back of radio for Sirius radio. Called Sirius and the told me I have to pull the radio to get to the back to see if cable is back there. The Sat button will never illuminate after following all the instructions. Oh well don't need Sat radio anyhow.
Did you get any manual for the ACs? I didn't receive it in my pack. Probably end up downloading it somewhere.
thor did not build with sat capability