Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-21-2023, 01:32 AM   #21
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 8,756
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun and Sand View Post
Thanks,

How is Thorís customer service?
When we had the Challenger they were excellent. We also had a good dealer before they were purchased by Camping World. We quit using them after the acquisition.

__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:06 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
Posts: 2,324
THOR #6903
Thor repaired or replaced every single item i presented to them.

I wrote a Word document and used it as the requested repairs list.

Work was performed at a dealership 30 miles away.

QA would save them money, it seems.

I had work on the Aquahot performed at a local Bus repair facility and was the only Thor unit in the shop or lot.

SOB break down or have QA issues as well.
__________________
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 09:50 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
The Gritz Carlton's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
Posts: 5,850
THOR #11130
Same experience recently when we went to trade the Super C for a Tiburon. Dealer had 4 of them. 3 had slides stuck half way open. Rear fold down bed on 1 had ripped from wall and smashed TV. One had serious electrical problems and the saleschcik said..."don't worry...we'll get it fixed...they're all that way". We walked, went to another dealer and bought a JAYCO. Thor has serious issues and dealers are accepting what they push their way. I'm done with them. What you drive off the lot with is what you own. Service doesn't exist anymore. When the manufacturer doesn't give a crap about the quality of their own products, why should the dealer?
__________________
Now an SOB
Traded Thor for Melbourne Prestige 24NP
2018 THOR Chateau 35SF
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:02 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
Posts: 11
THOR #29002
How was your Jayco? Has it been reliable?
__________________
Sun and Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:40 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
The Gritz Carlton's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
Posts: 5,850
THOR #11130
Loving it with zero issues. Purchased the Melbourne Prestige 24NP with rear lounger option. Well thought out design and solid as a rock. We loved the Thor also but things aren't as good with Thor today as they were 4 years ago. Had a plan to downsize for a while now to the Sprinter platform, thus, the Tiburon. Seems they are getting more and more popular. Getting 15.8 on the fuel. Fuel savings alone pays for camping. And, I don't miss the slides at all.
__________________
Now an SOB
Traded Thor for Melbourne Prestige 24NP
2018 THOR Chateau 35SF
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:21 PM   #26
MLP
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 889
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Thor Motorcoach certainly seems to have some of the lowest quality and workmanship. I base that not only on my own experience and reports on this forum but just talking to people at campgrounds, etc. in my travels.

I think almost all RV Manufacturers suffer from a lack for uniform quality standards.... and even more so after COVID. The manufacturers also don't hold dealers to a uniform standard of quality and service and make them accountable.... but that works both ways.

I know people with Jayco and Entegra units who have had issues too but I'm not saying they are a poor rating in terms of quality and workmanship.

I have put a lot of time and money fixing the poor quality and workmanship in my coach to get it where it should have been when it was driven out of Indiana. After two Thor coaches..... I won't buy a third.

If I were going to buy another Super C, I would be looking at manufacturers with better reputations like Renegade and Dynamax who seem to have fewer reported issues and better assembly practices.

That being said... my '20 Magnitude SV34 will likely be my last coach once we finish our last couple big trips like Alaska this year and another long trip next year.

I thought about perhaps downsizing to an AirStream Atlas but it is hard to swallow the $300K price tag for a Class. B+. The quality and workmanship seem top notch but I just can't pay a price that is approaching some of the better Super C's out there. If we decided to keep an RV and downsize, I might look at an AirStream Travel Trailer instead.
A friend and his wife purchased an Air Stream three years ago. They sold it one year ago. Let's just say past reputation is not valid anymore. Thor purchased them a few years ago. So look further or get a good old used one prior to Thor.
__________________
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.2
2013 Honda CRV
MLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:28 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
Posts: 11
THOR #29002
I looked at another Miramar today and gave it a really thorough inspection. Everything was working except one closet light. However, one thing I'm not sure about is the roof. I got up there and looked at it. The TPO membrane appears to be lifted on both side of the roof. It's very even at about 4-5 inches wide all the way from front to back on both sides right at the edge of the roof. Is this supposed to be that way, or is this a massive defect?
__________________
Sun and Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:04 AM   #28
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 14,295
THOR #7035
Define "lifted".
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad - Selling
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:14 AM   #29
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
Posts: 11
THOR #29002
By lifted I mean that if you look at the edge of the roof where it meets the wall the TPO is separated from the roof surface. The roof is slightly curved. The TPO membrane appears to stop following the curve of the roof surface when it gets close to the edge. At about 4-6 inches from the edge is just continues straight into the rounded molding that is sticking up at the edge of the roof. This runs along the entire side of the roof on both sides of the coach. I'm used to seeing a TPO style membrane stay completely glued to the roof all the way to the left and right edge of the roof. This one seems to stop being stuck to the roof at about 5 inches from the edge and continue to some kind of large rounded corner at the edge of the roof. I can push down on the fabric in this area and see that it's not in contact with the roof surface. It's very even and consistent all the way along the top of the roof at the edge. So I can't tell if this is intentional.
__________________
Sun and Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:22 AM   #30
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 14,295
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun and Sand View Post
By lifted I mean that if you look at the edge of the roof where it meets the wall the TPO is separated from the roof surface. The roof is slightly curved. The TPO membrane appears to stop following the curve of the roof surface when it gets close to the edge. At about 4-6 inches from the edge is just continues straight into the rounded molding that is sticking up at the edge of the roof. This runs along the entire side of the roof on both sides of the coach. I'm used to seeing a TPO style membrane stay completely glued to the roof all the way to the left and right edge of the roof. This one seems to stop being stuck to the roof at about 5 inches from the edge and continue to some kind of large rounded corner at the edge of the roof. I can push down on the fabric in this area and see that it's not in contact with the roof surface. It's very even and consistent all the way along the top of the roof at the edge. So I can't tell if this is intentional.
Gotcha. Although Thor claims some TPO "bubbles" are OK, this sounds like an installation error if it is consistent on both sides all along the edge of the roof. Sounds like something I'd only be comfortable with the factory repair facility handling.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad - Selling
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:44 AM   #31
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
Posts: 11
THOR #29002
This isn't a bubble, it's a consistent trip of roof fabric that seems to not be in contact with the roof from front to back on both sides. It looks like it's either intentional, or it's the result of someone not rolling the edge of the roof to make sure the TPO was glued down at the factory. I just could not tell. I asked the dealer to have the head of the repair department call me and explain this to me.

As long as I'm asking questions, I noticed that the floor in the coach seems to be not completely flat. It's higher in the middle than toward the sides. I had a 5th wheel that did this a little, but it seems more pronounced on the Miramar that the floor seems to curve down towards the outer walls. Is this normal?
__________________
Sun and Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:28 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
The Gritz Carlton's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
Posts: 5,850
THOR #11130
If it doesn't feel right, it isn't right. Floors should be totally flat. It could be the cross members not properly installed before the flooring material (plywood) was ever installed. If so, this would scare me regarding slide operations as well.
__________________
Now an SOB
Traded Thor for Melbourne Prestige 24NP
2018 THOR Chateau 35SF
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 07:27 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
Posts: 217
THOR #2531
Based on my experience

Thatís the way things are now, been there done that, flew into Florida to pick my unit up. Same experience, and guess what, still working on it. Itís probably a good idea you walked away.
__________________
williamprunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 07:35 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
Posts: 217
THOR #2531
Under Thor ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Same experience recently when we went to trade the Super C for a Tiburon. Dealer had 4 of them. 3 had slides stuck half way open. Rear fold down bed on 1 had ripped from wall and smashed TV. One had serious electrical problems and the saleschcik said..."don't worry...we'll get it fixed...they're all that way". We walked, went to another dealer and bought a JAYCO. Thor has serious issues and dealers are accepting what they push their way. I'm done with them. What you drive off the lot with is what you own. Service doesn't exist anymore. When the manufacturer doesn't give a crap about the quality of their own products, why should the dealer?
You know Thor owns Jayco, right.
__________________
williamprunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 10:26 PM   #35
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 8,756
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamprunty View Post
You know Thor owns Jayco, right.
Thor Industries owns Jayco. Thor Motor Coach has nothing to do with Jayco. Jayco is still run and managed by the Bontragers
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:01 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 4,148
THOR #12751
If you donít think a parent company has influence over its subsidiaries, then Iíve got ocean front property in Arizona to sell.

Subsidiaries may be separate and distinct legal entities but their financials are reported on the parent companyís consolidated financial statement.

If the subsidiary company does not meet revenue, expenses and margins, the parent company will persuade the management of the subsidiary to make the necessary changes to meet their financial obligationsÖ. or they will be replaced with a management team that will.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:15 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
dkoldman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
Posts: 5,623
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun and Sand View Post
This isn't a bubble, it's a consistent trip of roof fabric that seems to not be in contact with the roof from front to back on both sides. It looks like it's either intentional, or it's the result of someone not rolling the edge of the roof to make sure the TPO was glued down at the factory. I just could not tell. I asked the dealer to have the head of the repair department call me and explain this to me.

As long as I'm asking questions, I noticed that the floor in the coach seems to be not completely flat. It's higher in the middle than toward the sides. I had a 5th wheel that did this a little, but it seems more pronounced on the Miramar that the floor seems to curve down towards the outer walls. Is this normal?
I assume you are taking lots of pictures?

We had deposits on 2 TMC units and neither passed PDI. The dealer acknowledged the issues, but refused to fix and they were not warranty claims to TMC. The Finance Manager had attitude that if we didn't buy someone else will. I had paid deposits both times, but with the pictures I could easily prove the defects.

You can attach pictures if you have doubts. Walking away is very hard and we had to do it twice We changed dealers.
__________________
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:20 PM   #38
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 8,756
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If you don’t think a parent company has influence over its subsidiaries, then I’ve got ocean front property in Arizona to sell.

Subsidiaries may be separate and distinct legal entities but their financials are reported on the parent company’s consolidated financial statement.

If the subsidiary company does not meet revenue, expenses and margins, the parent company will persuade the management of the subsidiary to make the necessary changes to meet their financial obligations…. or they will be replaced with a management team that will.
My point, to be clear, is the company that built your POS (Thor Motor Coach) has no control, repeat, no control what-so-ever over Jayco. Believing otherwise is why you bought what you think is ocean front property in Arizona. Thor Motor Coach is not the parent company. Take 30 seconds to research the facts and learn a little about Thor Industries and their family of companies.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:27 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
The Gritz Carlton's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
Posts: 5,850
THOR #11130
All I know is that I recently gave both of them a shot at my next purchase. Thor totally failed...Jayco showed me a perfectly built unit with zero issues. You make the call.
__________________
Now an SOB
Traded Thor for Melbourne Prestige 24NP
2018 THOR Chateau 35SF
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:54 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Scubawise's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
Posts: 5,112
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
All I know is that I recently gave both of them a shot at my next purchase. Thor totally failed...Jayco showed me a perfectly built unit with zero issues. You make the call.
Congratulations..these hobbies are expensive
__________________
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2