Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2023, 01:53 AM   #41
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
All I know is that I recently gave both of them a shot at my next purchase. Thor totally failed...Jayco showed me a perfectly built unit with zero issues. You make the call.
In three years of owning the Accolade the major problem I had was the idiot dealer repairing the sheet metal ramp on the living room slide in my rig. I have no seam screws popping no problems with the Schwintek slide. I did have DEF header problems but that was Freightliner and Cummins and not Jayco.

When we purchased the dealer did not perform adequate prep and we walked away twice. They go it right on attempt three. We also received 5k to cover expenses to Middlebury, In to have the water heater replaced and some paint touch up work done at factory service because our dealer did not have a body or paint shop.

There are some companies within Thor Industries that build a decent product, however, TMC is not one of them.

Old 02-26-2023, 02:16 AM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Congratulations..these hobbies are expensive
They sure are...feels good to finally be an educated and seasoned buyer. I learned a lot at the "Thor Institute".
Old 02-26-2023, 03:16 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #29002
Thanks very much to all of you for your advice. I did get my deposit back from the first dealership. I decided based on what people said here to go look at the Entegra Vision and Jaco Precept class A’s. Found an Entegra which had a similar layout to the Miramar. The build quality is much better than the Thor. More features and far better fit and finish. Everything worked when I tested them. Thor might own both of these companies, but there is no comparison on quality.
Old 02-26-2023, 03:42 AM   #44
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun and Sand View Post
Thanks very much to all of you for your advice. I did get my deposit back from the first dealership. I decided based on what people said here to go look at the Entegra Vision and Jaco Precept class A’s. Found an Entegra which had a similar layout to the Miramar. The build quality is much better than the Thor. More features and far better fit and finish. Everything worked when I tested them. Thor might own both of these companies, but there is no comparison on quality.
If you purchase the Entegra, there is a form Jayco requires you to sign stating the dealer inspected the listed items prior to delivery and those items have been demonstrated to you and they work. For our Super C that list was 1 1/2 pages long. Part of the Entegra delivery process.
Old 02-26-2023, 03:55 AM   #45

THOR #11130
Well...there you have it. Thor...if you're monitoring these forums...a word to the wise is sufficient. The problems all start and finish in the build process. Thor's designs and concepts are stellar...just get involved on "the floor" and step up the final QC inspection process.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 07:18 AM   #46

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Well...there you have it. Thor...if you're monitoring these forums...a word to the wise is sufficient. The problems all start and finish in the build process. Thor's designs and concepts are stellar...just get involved on "the floor" and step up the final QC inspection process.

And so that dealer will do nothing to that RV, but yet sell it to the next guy, who does not know or understand the significance of a PDI, they will see the issues after purchase, panic, search to find this forum, join, create yet another TMC is Crap thread, with best advise being told is to take it back to Wakarusa, Indiana, Rinse and Repeat.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:23 PM   #47

THOR #29002
The deciding factor for us to look elsewhere was split between the quality of the motor home and the utter incompetence and lack of follow through by the dealership, CW in Tampa. They were just horrible. Everything bad about CW is true. Word of warning to future generations, avoid CW at all costs. They just don’t care.
Old 02-26-2023, 01:38 PM   #48

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
The deciding factor for us to look elsewhere was split between the quality of the motor home and the utter incompetence and lack of follow through by the dealership, CW in Tampa. They were just horrible. Everything bad about CW is true. Word of warning to future generations, avoid CW at all costs. They just donít care.
After the 1st Thor Dealer ( 2 hrs away) refused to resolve identified PDI issues before our actual purchase, and some not all all on ACE 29.3 and a Windsport, we go to a 2nd Thor Dealer that was 5 hours away that had 2 of the same Windsport models we were looking at, we had an agreed price on the one that was exactly like the one we had just walked from. When we we got there they had prepped the wrong unit, (not the one that we wanted to buy) . It was a completely different color scheme. It got worse. The salesman lied by saying that it was the one I asked for Confused I pull out my emails which proved there was no mistake on color scheme or stock # we had requested. Then he double down on his lie, he said he meant to say that the the Techs must have got the stock # on the keys wrong. The keys in my hand had same stock number as the stock number on window sticker; so he had the keys for that RV; but it was NOT the stock number of RV we wanted to buy and keys were labeled correctly. So he proceeds to try to persuade us to buy a RV that was NOT the color scheme we wanted (inside and outside). After 10 mins or so; I got agitated, and asked why can't we see the one we drove 5 hours to see? Not responding he goes back inside; 15 mins later he comes back out to the RV and says they will show us the coach we wanted, but it needed some work. We hop on his golf cart and he takes us to the far back. The first I noticed I was how dirty it was, if you know me that is a major no no. This brand new coach, had 3 tires on flats, chrome on outside had already started to rust, of course it would not start even with the jumper. Cabinets and pantry were either torn or broken, the grill on the fridge was missing etc. etc. So we left and it was that day, I knew we would NOT buy a Thor Motor Coach. We gave up our quest to buy an RV.

One day by virtue of this forum, we decided to look at WBGO again. Previously I had assumed they were too much for us. So we find one that we liked at a CW in LR Arkansas, we drive 5 hours and upon arrival we were mauled by no less that 4 sales people, we just wanted to see the RV, and they just wanted us to sit in their glass enclosed offices to get our info. I have very little patience, we were not seeing eye to eye so we left. When all seemingly was lost we ran across the same WBGO that we did not see at CW LR at La Mesa RV in Florida who happens to sell TMC & WBGO. Our sales lady and dealership was spectacular. As I explained our history, she was taking and sending me pictures while we talked on the phone of all the things that had failed our PDIs. So convinced my wife and bought one way tickets to West Palm Beach, they picked us up, we spent 6 hours on PDI and coach was flawless. It had been stored indoors as they have a large indoor facility. The rest was history. I talk with our sales lady about once per year. The coach was / is perfect and WBGO has been great, I might as well have had a 2 1/2 Mfg warranty because they took care of anything I could find which was not much. 4 years later, I would be scared to buy a new coach. But if I had to; I would start in Port St. Lucie @ La Mesa RV hoping to get a EV RV from WBGO.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 05:02 PM   #49
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
The deciding factor for us to look elsewhere was split between the quality of the motor home and the utter incompetence and lack of follow through by the dealership, CW in Tampa. They were just horrible. Everything bad about CW is true. Word of warning to future generations, avoid CW at all costs. They just donít care.
Try to find a new Entegra at Camping World. CW wonít comply with Entegrís inspection and delivery requirements. They love Thor (TMC) because there are no inspection or delivery requirements and they can charge up to 1k to prep (do nothing) for delivery.
Old 02-26-2023, 07:33 PM   #50

THOR #11130
Quote:
As I stated earlier, when the manufacturer doesn't care why should the dealer.
Old 02-26-2023, 07:48 PM   #51

Model: 31y
State: South Carolina
THOR #21394
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
If you purchase the Entegra, there is a form Jayco requires you to sign stating the dealer inspected the listed items prior to delivery and those items have been demonstrated to you and they work. For our Super C that list was 1 1/2 pages long. Part of the Entegra delivery process.
We had that list at Camping World for our Thor. It was very detailed down to acknowledging the hours on the generator, unscrewing panels to ensure duct work correct, and inspection under the bed (pump and fresh water tank) and seats. They were pretty solid on all three of the RV's purchased there.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:35 PM   #52
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
We had that list at Camping World for our Thor. It was very detailed down to acknowledging the hours on the generator, unscrewing panels to ensure duct work correct, and inspection under the bed (pump and fresh water tank) and seats. They were pretty solid on all three of the RV's purchased there.
They may have had a list but it wasn’t Entegra’s because after signing my list was part of the warranty registration paperwork. Dealer had to present it or the warranty didn’t start.

What Camping World did you deal with?
Old 02-27-2023, 02:26 AM   #53

Model: 31y
State: South Carolina
THOR #21394
Probably wasn't exact same list, but I bet pretty close. I've bought two RV's at the Concord, NC location, and one at the Spartanburg, SC location. Both were pleasant and professional. Met the General Manager each time and discussed the transaction personally.
On a side note, the last purchase we had a kid of Hispanic decent that did our walk through. He was the most knowledgeable person I've met on RV's. We made a list together of items to correct, me and the wife went out to lunch, came back, and everything was completed. The previous walk through we had an old biker dude that also knew about everything. If my list wasn't done 100%, we'd of walked.