Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: chateau citation mer
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1855
mods to 2012 chateau citation sprinter chassis

We have had several RV's class A class B and class C and truck campers. Now we have a 2012 chateau citation 24sa sprinter chassis. based on our experience, I have made modifications to the Thor.

1. We do a lot of boon docking so battery power is most important. Installed a 100 watt solar panel on the roof and a 1,000 watt inverter so we could make coffee and watch TV during quiet time.. The red box is the inverter and the black box is the solar panel controller. Both are mounted in the cabinet under the sink. The panel is mounted near the refrigerator vent so the panel wiring could be routed down thru the vent to the controller and the batteries... the solar panel keeps the batteries topped off very well.... :thinking:

2. We wanted more convenient storage so I modified the dinette front side seat end. I removed it and 2 braces so that we could easily slide a large plastic storage container in and out of the space under the seat.. I used large magnetic catches to hold the seat end in place... I did screw one of the braces to the inside of the end to provide some of the support that I needed to remove... :clapping:

3. Another storage issue.. the cabinet above the sink had a door that opens about half of the cabinet space. The rest of the opening had a permanently installed curved door. I removed that curved unhinged door, installed hinges and a catch so now it is very easy to access the entire cabinet space.... :bounce:

4. Our Thor has a diesel generator that stinks like the devil when running. So I bought and use a "genturi" that redirects the exhaust to come out above the RV... What a difference! Easy to setup and remove when needed...

:thumbdown: The only thing that bugs me is the lack of a gravity feed for the fresh water tank. I might try to do something about that..... :thumbup:

Honda crf450
Honda crf150
speedilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #2

Model: FW Chateau Citatiion 23BA
State: Tennessee
THOR #8316
Good ideas, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:17 AM   #3

State: Michigan
THOR #5663
Nice mods. I picked up a 2013 24SA 2 years from Florida and love it. Starting to use it more this year (2x weekends already and for entire week next week - Michigan been very COLD winter).

Could you share another picture of your 12V wiring into the frame to the batteries under the sink? I'm assuming some Very short zero or 2 gauge run with inline fuse to the two batteries? I'm looking to do the same design, with inline 120 fed into inverter to pass AC when available, and then inverter kick in automatically to feed AC when no AC sensed on the line. Did you just drill down a 1/2-3/4" hole for the wires and some caulk to seal it up? I plan on adding an inverter this summer for the exact reasons you mentioned to have the TV's usable and AC outlets as needed without running the generator all the time.

We have a small rod that runs the length with a curtin across the top of the Fridge Cabinet over to the top of the storage area for a nice way to split it up when needed with kids or just to have a bit more darkness in the back corner.

I just ordered a 8DB Cellular gain antenna to mount of roof for MIFI extender to boost signals, see how that small project goes soon I'll reply with pictures once completed.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #4

Model: Citation Sprinter 24sa
State: Florida
THOR #13813
Changed TV & mount, added led fog lights

We downsized to a 24SA last week. I changed to a Roku tv 28 inch with locking swing arm. There is steel in the walls to mount to.The old tv rattled badly. Also added fog lights. My next project is solar panels. I would be interested in in the products you used. Also how you laid out the wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181121_114952432_HDR.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	14227   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181121_115030716_HDR.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	14228  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181118_160622201_HDR.jpg