Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2017, 03:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Illinois
THOR #7230
More Refridgerator issues

After having the compressor and control board replaced in July of this year I have more issues with it. This is in my Four Winds 2017 31W.
We are currently on a 10 day trip. And the refer is not getting cold. I went to Walmart and picked up a refer thermostate for it. The freezer is cold enought to keep everything froozen BUT the refer is not getting any colder than 55. The dial in the refer is set to the coldest setting and I have tried changing the dial in the freezer to all the different setting, no change.
Has anyone else had any issues?
Please this is only for Four Winds owners with the residential refridgerator.
Because of the refer not getting cold enough I had to throw out about $100 worth of food.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:38 AM   #2

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
I know you said only Four Winds owners. Is the residential fridge you have different than the Whirlpool I have in the Challenger? Your issue sounds like what happened with our brand new coach. First trip out, freezer worked good but fridge only got cool, not cold. Also ice maker made no ice.

Whirlpool sent a local repair guy out, said BOTH fans were not working, though both were getting plenty of power. He ordered replacement fans, came back today (1 week later) and installed them. Everything is working now.

Good luck.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
We had a similar residential fridge issue. It was the evaporator fan motor. That part circulates the cold air around the freezer and refrigerator compartments. Ordered the part overnight and my husband installed it because we couldn't wait for Whirlpool repair.

If it's under warranty, you can call Whirlpool directly. Or, schedule it with the dealer.

If you're a little handy this was a 10 minute job. It's located behind the back panel in the freezer compartment. Be careful, that metal is SHARP. If you remove the cover and the fan is not turning, test the motor and see if it has current to it. If it does and the fan is not turning, it's that motor.

PS: Best not to mention your repair to Whirlpool. It will void your warranty.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:19 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Illinois
THOR #7230
Didnt mean to sound harsh. I guess ant Whirlpool residential fridge. Just so mad. After they fixed it the first time for the compressor you would think they would check all the functions.