Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2015, 10:17 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
New Axis/Vegas 25.3 floorplan released

Seems to have a larger bathroom and larger kitchen area also. Or does it?

Old 07-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #2

THOR #2121
One other difference is the drop-down bunk is a little larger -- closer to standard twin. It's listed at 38X73 versus 36X72 for others.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Where do you see this? I can't find it on the Axis or Vegas website; nor in the news and/or blogs page. Hmm a local dealer has details:
http://www.generalrv.com/product-tho...ass-a/25-dot-3

The bathroom looks larger than the 24.1 but not some of the other floorplans--the shower is similar in size to the 25.2. Likewise the kitchen looks pretty cramped.

I bet that rear bed folds in 1/2 when the slide is in.

I'd have to see the inside of this one: Not sure I like the cramped kitchen area--that walkway between the dinette and the sink looks to be 2' wide!

I wonder if the front bunk size is a misprint? All the front caps on the Axis/Vegas units are the same size and thus would afford the same amount of room for the bunk (unless they somehow shrunk the bunk mechanism a little for this model). Perhaps this is a design improvement that will make it to all the models.

If the dinette also slid out (so that the edge of the dinette was even with the front of the fridge) that would be a great floorplan

Only seatbelts for four (two captains chairs and the forward facing dinette seat) but sleeping for 5? (rear bed(2), dinette(2) and overhead bunk(1)). Edit: Ah the link above shows sleeping for 4: 2,1,1.

I also see that Thor has standardized on 32" TVs throughout the Axis/Vegas units. Makes sense for them now they don't have to source different sized TVs.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1547
Always good to have more options!!

Glad they have forward facing seats on this Axis for those who need to travel with car seats. Bedroom area looks good, even with the fold up bed, but a dinette instead of a couch would be a deal breaker for us, but probably good for those with kids! Not having a slide up front would be too cramped with our 2 large dogs!!
Old 07-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #5

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Where do you see this? I can't find it on the Axis or Vegas website; nor in the news and/or blogs page. Hmm a local dealer has details:
Axis 25.3 | Motor Home Class A

The bathroom looks larger than the 24.1 but not some of the other floorplans--the shower is similar in size to the 25.2. Likewise the kitchen looks pretty cramped.

I bet that rear bed folds in 1/2 when the slide is in.

I'd have to see the inside of this one: Not sure I like the cramped kitchen area--that walkway between the dinette and the sink looks to be 2' wide!

I wonder if the front bunk size is a misprint? All the front caps on the Axis/Vegas units are the same size and thus would afford the same amount of room for the bunk (unless they somehow shrunk the bunk mechanism a little for this model). Perhaps this is a design improvement that will make it to all the models.

If the dinette also slid out (so that the edge of the dinette was even with the front of the fridge) that would be a great floorplan

Only seatbelts for four (two captains chairs and the forward facing dinette seat) but sleeping for 5? (rear bed(2), dinette(2) and overhead bunk(1)). Edit: Ah the link above shows sleeping for 4: 2,1,1.

I also see that Thor has standardized on 32" TVs throughout the Axis/Vegas units. Makes sense for them now they don't have to source different sized TVs.
I expect the bed is the newer style that slides with half the mattress going over the other half. I like it much better than folding which has too many disadvantages in my opinion. I still prefer a normal bed(s) than either of these options.

The dinette is wider than I'd prefer because it's not wide enough for two adults to sleep anyway. A 38- to 39-inch-wide dinette is wide enough for four to sit and of normal twin-bed width for one. That would make the aisle 3 or 4 inches wider. And it would make RV great for four people.

The overhead bunk may be wider because without a front slide it can cantilever back further without hitting the slide. I'm not sure if that's the limit now. Without a front slide an overhead bunk could go back as far as the entry door.

While driving I think this 25.3 will feel much more open than other models. The dinette is down low, so at eye level the front living area will look very wide all the way back to bedroom. Space between fridge and stove/microwave and between closets is very wide for a small unit.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #6

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Retired View Post
Always good to have more options!!

Glad they have forward facing seats on this Axis for those who need to travel with car seats. Bedroom area looks good, even with the fold up bed, but a dinette instead of a couch would be a deal breaker for us, but probably good for those with kids! Not having a slide up front would be too cramped with our 2 large dogs!!
Options are indeed great; particularly if they included at least one model with 2 slides and one model with no slide. When I see the majority of motorhomes in Europe having no slides, I have to think that that market is being overlooked here. I see it as a marketing error.

Having said that, I honestly don't understand why basic models don't have more variations of that given model. As an example, why not have the same 25.3 model with either dinette or couch? Other motorhomes have the same model with dinette or couch, so it can be done.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:53 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
It's possible Thor doesn't think the various options (couch, dinette, etc.) for a given floor plan won't sell or to keep a low price point they minimize the number of build combinations.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:08 AM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I was just reading the Family Motor Coaching write up on the Axis. Has the convection microwave always been standard with the oven an option or tis this something new for 2016 on the Axis. That was the standard configuration on the Challengers in 2015.

The article also says there is an option for a 15K AC unit rather than the 13.5K.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:40 AM   #9

THOR #2121
Quote:
It's possible Thor doesn't think the various options (couch, dinette, etc.) for a given floor plan won't sell or to keep a low price point they minimize the number of build combinations.
Thor offers a couch as an option to a dinette on a different model already. Even if it was more expensive, why would it be different than other extra-cost options like an extra TV, an oven, etc.? They could price it at whatever cost makes sense and see if there are many takers.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:43 AM   #10
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Yes: Oven+Microwave has always been an option (our unit has the standard no oven + convection microwave).

Also yes: 15k A/C is an option.

The thing with Axis/Vegas units, though, is that its rare for anyone to order them. Typically they just pick it up out of stock or look at the ones the dealer has ordered and pick the one that is the closest fit to what they want.

In our case the unit in stock pretty much matched all the options we wanted.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:45 AM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Thor offers a couch as an option to a dinette on a different model already. Even if it was more expensive, why would it be different than other extra-cost options like an extra TV, an oven, etc.? They could price it at whatever cost makes sense and see if there are many takers.
Yes but that does increase build complexity. The fewer options per floorplan the easier it is to manufacture and thus fewer mistakes.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #12

THOR #2121
Pictures here show the 25.3 in detail, and answer many of the questions previously discussed.

I have to see it in person but like what I see. The front living area appears more open than floorplan suggested. At least on pictures. The bath is large and the kitchen has more counter space than the other plans.

I would personally prefer the twin/king rear beds of the 24.1 in combination with this no-slide dinette, but given that's not an option I think I may like this layout best.

Also note generator has been moved forward of rear wheels.

2016 Thor Motor Coach VEGAS RUV 25.3, Fountain Valley CA - - RVtrader.com
Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Looks like the rear slide uses the same Schwintek mechanism as the other Axis/Vegas units. Not necessarily a bad thing since all the slides on these coaches are on the small end of the scale.

I wonder what that "hole" is right below the slide (look at the rear pic with the slide extended, #3). It looks like it is covered up by the slide when in.

Interesting: The fuel filler is on the very back wall (most likely due to the fact that the slide is in the way).

I wonder why the ladder is on the drivers side and not the passenger? (not that it really makes that much of a difference.)

Looking at pics 5 & 6: I would really like this unit if the dinette slide out as well.

Pic 6 & 7: look at the front bunk: It is deeper than the earlier Axis/Vegas units since Thor switched to a mattress instead of an air mattress.

The pics make it look like you can't get into the bathroom when the slide is in. Can't really tell from the floorplan above either. That is something I'd want to check before signing on the dotted line. Actually it looks like you can open the door 6"-12" or so with the slide in.

I can see why they moved the generator: don't want it under the slide.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:03 AM   #14
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Looks like the rear slide uses the same Schwintek mechanism as the other Axis/Vegas units. Not necessarily a bad thing since all the slides on these coaches are on the small end of the scale.

I wonder what that "hole" is right below the slide (look at the rear pic with the slide extended, #3). It looks like it is covered up by the slide when in.

Interesting: The fuel filler is on the very back wall (most likely due to the fact that the slide is in the way).

I wonder why the ladder is on the drivers side and not the passenger? (not that it really makes that much of a difference.)

Looking at pics 5 & 6: I would really like this unit if the dinette slide out as well.

Pic 6 & 7: look at the front bunk: It is deeper than the earlier Axis/Vegas units since Thor switched to a mattress instead of an air mattress.

The pics make it look like you can't get into the bathroom when the slide is in. Can't really tell from the floorplan above either. That is something I'd want to check before signing on the dotted line. Actually it looks like you can open the door 6"-12" or so with the slide in.

I can see why they moved the generator: don't want it under the slide.

I'll bet the hole you mention in pic 3 is the fill for the fresh water tank. I am basing that assumption on the warning label next to the "hole" and a fresh water fill not being visible on the passenger's side in pic 4.

In the side by side with the other model it looks like the fuel fill on the other coach is on the passenger side rear wall.

Where is the main television? Is it mounted over the door?
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #15
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov
Where is the main television? Is it mounted over the door?
Yes the main TV is over the door in all Axis/Vegas models.

Quote:
In the side by side with the other model it looks like the fuel fill on the other coach is on the passenger side rear wall.
In pic #3 you can see the fuel fill next to the ladder.

I'd also bet that the sewer connection is the small door at the very bottom in pic #3: It only has a lock--the only hatch on our unit with just a lock and is that small is the sewer connections. In addition, the generator is where the waste tanks are on our unit.

I do like all the drawers and extra counter space in the kitchen in this one; very nice.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #16
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Yes the main TV is over the door in all Axis/Vegas models.

In pic #3 you can see the fuel fill next to the ladder.

I'd also bet that the sewer connection is the small door at the very bottom in pic #3: It only has a lock--the only hatch on our unit with just a lock and is that small is the sewer connections. In addition, the generator is where the waste tanks are on our unit.

I do like all the drawers and extra counter space in the kitchen in this one; very nice.
My point on the fuel fill is that it looks like it is being moved to the rear on all floor plans, although it is not being positioned on the same side of the coach in all cases. I did not notice that until I made the picture full screen.
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-06-2015, 12:43 AM   #17
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
My point on the fuel fill is that it looks like it is being moved to the rear on all floor plans, although it is not being positioned on the same side of the coach in all cases. I did not notice that until I made the picture full screen.
Looking at the unit to the right in Pic #3 that looks like a 24.1 and there is no fuel fill on the rear.

In addition: Looking at this 2016 24.1 the fuel filler is where it is on our unit. (Pic #3 filler is just above and behind the rear wheel.)
New 2016 Thor Motor Coach AXIS 24.1 Motor Home Class A at General RV | Wayland, MI | #113514

I don't think they would put the fuel filler in the rear on units with the genny in the left rear.

For this 25.3 they probably had to move the fuel tank towards the rear and move the waste tanks near the rear to move the genny forward.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:51 AM   #18
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Looking at the unit to the right in Pic #3 that looks like a 24.1 and there is no fuel fill on the rear.

In addition: Looking at this 2016 24.1 the fuel filler is where it is on our unit. (Pic #3 filler is just above and behind the rear wheel.)
New 2016 Thor Motor Coach AXIS 24.1 Motor Home Class A at General RV | Wayland, MI | #113514

I don't think they would put the fuel filler in the rear on units with the genny in the left rear.

For this 25.3 they probably had to move the fuel tank towards the rear and move the waste tanks near the rear to move the genny forward.
You have to make pic 3 full size and look to the right of the ladder on the unit parked to the right. The ladder on that unit is on the passenger's side. What appears to be the fuel fill is not visible unless the pic is full size (double click on the pic in the slide show).

I could be wrong but it looks like a passenger's side rear fuel fill to me.
FMCA - F432054
Old 08-06-2015, 01:24 AM   #19
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
You have to make pic 3 full size and look to the right of the ladder on the unit parked to the right. The ladder on that unit is on the passenger's side. What appears to be the fuel fill is not visible unless the pic is full size (double click on the pic in the slide show).

I could be wrong but it looks like a passenger's side rear fuel fill to me.
To me that looks like the fuel fill of the next camper over from that unit. If you look at the brake lights on the near unit you can see that they are right at the edge of the camper with very little room for anything let alone a fuel fill.

The unit to the right looks like a 24.1 if it is then the passenger brake lights and the ladder are right up against the passenger side of the unit with no room at all for anything else.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 AM   #20

THOR #2121
Quote:
.....cut.....

....cut.....

....cut......
Jamie, it looks to me like there is a skylight over the shower on right rear corner so putting the ladder on that side wouldn't work.

If you'd want the bedroom slide "and" also a dinette slide, why not combine into one longer full side slide?

If the matress is of the sliding one-half-over-other-half type, then it should not affect space to open bathroom door.