Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
Could this void the warranty, particularly if you have some type of transmission problem down the road? Not sure I would buy a rig from that outfit!!
Just wondering - How would THEY know a toad was used in the first 1,000 miles?

Old 05-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #22

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmyoung61 View Post
Just wondering - How would THEY know a toad was used in the first 1,000 miles?
My point exactly, the unsuspecting buyer would never know the coach was used to tow a 3000 pound vehicle during the break in period! And if you had a problem with the tranny or drivetrain, the average buyer wouldn't suspect this practice.

On another note, I did speak with Ford about the F-53 engine, they tell me the engine is run for a period of time after manufacture and before it's mounted on the chassis, to insure its running properly and to assist in the break in period.

I was told the transmission and drivetrain were not subject to this "run period."
Old 05-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #23

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm still wondering how the OP 'knew' that these were going to MHSRV.... does he/she have mental telepathy?
Old 05-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #24

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
So much for following the essential checklist in the Ford F-53 owners manual, the very first item says,"Do not tow a trailer(A) until you drive at least 1,000 miles". Clearly the dealer or delivery service doesn't care(B) about what the owners manual is saying?

Could this void the warranty(C), particularly if you have some type of transmission problem down the road? Not sure I would buy a rig from that outfit(D)!!
to comment on these 'perceived' problem:
A) you say "...tow a trailer".... but a toad is not a trailer
B) the 'delivery service' is only allowed to do what the factory allows it to
C) no Warranty starts until the customer PURCHASES the RV, so no, nothing the factory or delivery service or dealer 'does' impacts the customer's warranty
D) if you think an RV just 'arrives' by magic, then yes, you will never buy an RV from 'ANY' outfit... even dealers who go and pick up RVs themselves drive their TOAD to the factory!

...this is how it's done in the industry, all day, every day, every unit, no matter what brand.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:36 AM   #25

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I'm still wondering how the OP 'knew' that these were going to MHSRV.... does he/she have mental telepathy?
No need to wonder. If you read the rest of the thread you'd see my later comment...

"Another note, I assumed they were going to MHSRV, but they were coming into DFW on I-30 and could have headed south to one of the Camping Worlds in the Houston & San Antonio areas too."