Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2020, 06:58 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
It's all about dollars and cents.
They already have the Delano floorplan set up in their system
So it's a simple and cost effective transition.

But your are spot-on regarding the wheelbase. 188" Axis/Vegas is too long.
Delano is on a 170" Mercedes wheelbase.
Four Winds/Chateau has E350/450 chassis in 168" and 176" wheel base

Those two floorplans are 24’-11” and 26’-5” long respectively, so likely Thor will have to shorten the 24.3 somewhat (under 188” WB) unless they make the 24.3 considerable longer than the Delano. Thor may keep same overall length as 24.1 and just make 24.3 much roomier inside than Delano.

It’s not at all for me, but interesting to follow regardless. At least it’s going in right direction. Maybe a future 23.1 will be more to my liking.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:55 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I'd never look twice at a folding bed or a bed in a slide.
I can't think of anything more inconvenient in an rv.
I agree and few RVs being built today (under $100K) allow sleeping without a slide extended.

The Axis/Vegas 24.1 and Quantum Sprinter 24 RT24 both offer similar floorplans, sleeping without a slide. Along with Long&Winding's discontinued 25.4
All of the Hurricane/Windsport models offer it as well

But back to the original post...
I'm not a fan of a Murphy Bed concept that requires a slide be extended to sleep.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:13 PM   #23

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
How about a busted toilet after the annual chili cook-off?
Barely worse but I could still get a nap if I wanted and sleep even if the slide didn't work.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:26 PM   #24

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
I agree and few RVs being built today (under $100K) allow sleeping without a slide extended.

I'm not a fan of a Murphy Bed concept that requires a slide be extended to sleep.
I see your point. If they could have the Murphy bed mounted to the rear wall (North / South facing) that would be good but where would you put the bathroom with such a small floor plan?

I like having a rear bedroom like I have on my 25.4. (Granted its very small). Someone can be sleeping (close the fabric door - I sure wish it was a solid wood door) and the rest of the RV functions as normal (no bed to put up into the wall etc). I work from my RV so this is very nice.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:30 PM   #25

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Those two floorplans are 24’-11” and 26’-5” long respectively, so likely Thor will have to shorten the 24.3 somewhat (under 188” WB) unless they make the 24.3 considerable longer than the Delano. Thor may keep same overall length as 24.1 and just make 24.3 much roomier inside than Delano.

It’s not at all for me, but interesting to follow regardless. At least it’s going in right direction. Maybe a future 23.1 will be more to my liking.
Im sure it will be (wheel base) just like my 25.4 (but only 25.8 foot long.... Mine is 27 foot long) so that would be 1.2 foot less overhang than mine. That would look great.

I kinda wish they had one inbetween mine and 27.7 floor plan but with a mega storage (aka Bike garage) with around 80 to 100 cu foot of room in one area. But im living in a dream world.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 08-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #26

THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I see your point. If they could have the Murphy bed mounted to the rear wall (North / South facing) that would be good but where would you put the bathroom with such a small floor plan?

I like having a rear bedroom like I have on my 25.4. (Granted its very small). Someone can be sleeping (close the fabric door - I sure wish it was a solid wood door) and the rest of the RV functions as normal (no bed to put up into the wall etc). I work from my RV so this is very nice.
Yes.
I almost pulled the trigger on a 25.4, but the wife nixed it due to the size of the bed.
I really do like your floorplan.
And it sounds like it works for you.

Again...the Murphy Bed concept in the nose of a travel trailer works fine.
But not a good option for me in a drive-able RV that requires an extended slide to sleep.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #27

THOR #12231
Yeah the bed is small (54x80) but no more than we use it (1 + 2 sometimes 3 day weekends and once a week once a year) its fine for us.

We looked at the 25.3 (queen on slide out) but really liked the extra storage in my floor plan (70 cu foot) but the slide in the living area really opens up this small RV.

27.7 floor plan would be ince (not crazy about the kitchen) but the poor storage (compared to mine) would be a deal breaker.

I will keep mine until we retire (or semi retire in like 7 years) and get a 29 - 32 foot class A with everything (including 2 AC units - lol).
Old 08-05-2020, 08:53 PM   #28

THOR #2121
Quote:

The Axis/Vegas 24.1 and Quantum Sprinter 24 RT24 both offer similar floorplans, sleeping without a slide. Along with Long&Winding's discontinued 25.4
All of the Hurricane/Windsport models offer it as well

The 25V is essentially the same as 24.1 except as a Class C instead of Class A, which offers the sleep-anywhere-without-slide-extension option. Though similar, the 25V is almost a foot longer than Axis. And Sprinter cab is even longer than E-Series.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7DE38E22-B766-43A4-852B-FD9DAC019D50.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	25404   Click image for larger version

Name:	E59EAE46-A534-40E2-87C0-DD9541BBE143.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	25405  

Old 08-06-2020, 12:43 AM   #29

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #19693
Picking up our Delano on Friday, 24fb, murphy bed..... downsizing from a 40’dp....
Ours is on the Thor website....
RVM#64
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:25 PM   #30

THOR #2121
A business aspect to consider is that the description of the new 24.3 floorplan seems too similar functionally to the existing 25.6 for both to coexist.

It would seem that the 24.3 may be a new-and-improved version of the 25.6, just repackaged to make it more space efficient and thus a little shorter. I’m now guessing it’ll be the same length as 24.1 or very close to that.

Why would Thor keep two different floorplans if the biggest difference is that one has corner bath and the other a larger rear bath, yet is shorter overall?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B16F3E00-C7A1-4CA3-A374-A410E36A838D.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	25411  
Old 08-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #31

THOR #2121
The other variable I’m curious about is whether Thor will make slide long enough for both the dinette and bed, or just the bed and install a fixed dinette.

In the past they had one Axis/Vegas floorplan with a stationary dinette and only the bed in the slide. They may do a similar combination again although it seems unlikely considering recent floorplans.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	79D812C6-959E-4DDF-B018-643574F884EB.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	25413  
Old 08-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #32

THOR #12231
I bet its just like that Delano 24 FB floor plan that was posted on page one by Taylorbob. Rear bath and Murfee bed + Dinette in one slide. I like that floor plan.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #33

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: North Carolina
THOR #16745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
How about a busted toilet after the annual chili cook-off?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:27 PM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Picking up our Delano on Friday, 24fb, murphy bed..... downsizing from a 40’dp....
Ours is on the Thor website....
Congratulations!
Good luck during the PDI, Remain vigilant!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #35

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I bet its just like that Delano 24 FB floor plan that was posted on page one by Taylorbob. Rear bath and Murfee bed + Dinette in one slide. I like that floor plan.

Open floor plans definitely feel larger, but I prefer the traditional or closed floor plans with bedroom in back, bathroom in middle, and living/lounging in front.

That’s not to say designers can’t include a bed in living area in order to make a second bedroom at night, or that rear bedroom can’t double as a lounge area by day, but I want my separation if at all possible. That’s the main advantage I see for us owning a motorhome as large as an Axis 24.1 versus buying a van. Van campers just don’t provide alone areas, not even for just a couple.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #36

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Open floor plans definitely feel larger, but I prefer the traditional or closed floor plans with bedroom in back, bathroom in middle, and living/lounging in front.

That’s not to say designers can’t include a bed in living area in order to make a second bedroom at night, or that rear bedroom can’t double as a lounge area by day, but I want my separation if at all possible. That’s the main advantage I see for us owning a motorhome as large as an Axis 24.1 versus buying a van. Van campers just don’t provide alone areas, not even for just a couple.
I agree with you totally. I like an actual bedroom that I dont have to make to a bed at night then covert back for travling or daytime use. My wife is know to take naps while we travel so my 25.4 works out great for us.

But I also think a lot of folks will like this Murphy Floor Plan.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:09 PM   #37

THOR #2121
The new floorplan is out and it’s very different than we expected or discussed.

It’s exactly the same length as the 24.1, has a single short slide, is built on E-350, and has same price.

I like that Thor are trying new designs without going larger. Maybe the 23.1 without slide will be next.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8E9E5008-DA79-4485-93ED-38F70F75405B.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	26153  
Old 09-16-2020, 10:07 PM   #38

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
What a mess.
The stove as close to toilet as possible.
'is that braunschauger in the microwave or remnant of the Mexican lunch?'

It looks like you might have to stand on the unfurled bed to get up into the overhead bed.
If the bed is out it looks like you're having to go outdoors to retrieve something from up front.

No napping passengers while driving, no table when someone is sleeping late.
If the slide malfunctions you've got NO hope for a bed.
The foldout couch has to be either miserable as a couch or the best ever.
Edit:waaait a minnnuute... Is this really a Murphy bed or a stupid jack knife bed? Can you imagine committing any time to sleeping on a jack knife as your 'go to' comfort level? Even prisoners get stationary beds.

I think they've moved into early westfalia territory.

I don't see anywhere to build any worthwhile storage under that floor plan.
But
It does eliminate one TV and one bedroom radio head...along with any chance of a single moments privacy outside of the bathroom.

I hope the movie is better than the script.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #39
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Thor needs to hire new floorplan designers.

We would probably have a 24.1 now except for the tiny shower. Looks like they fixed that in the 24.3 but lost all the other exciting aspects of the 24.1. This new floorplan is so full of meh.

We love the floorplan in our Ace 27.1. When they dropped it and came out with the 27.2 they did the same thing: too many meh changes - we'd never have bought a 27.2.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:05 PM   #40

THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
What a mess............

It does eliminate one TV and one bedroom radio head.
I gotta tell ya...
One of my favorite features in the Vegas/Axis line (pre-2020) is the Exterior TV.
And the fact that there are 3 TVs. (whaaat?)
Yes, 3 TVs in a 25' RV.

Seriously, it's all about cutting costs so that they don't have to increase the price. And i get all that.

But, I'm disappointed.

They might as well have put this on a 158" wheelbase and shrunk it down to 22' or 23'.
At least then it would be different and unique.