Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2020, 07:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
New Floor Plan for Axis / Vegas

Not sure if anyone posted this yet.

Axis / Vegas 24.3 Floor plan.

Looks like a 2 person dinette but an awesome bathroom and a murphy bed.

I really like the Home Collection Interior Decor with "off white" cabinets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-ruv-24-3-floor-plan.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	26579
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/axis/gallery/

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:05 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
You did?
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f1...gas-22765.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Yeah, you did. Over two months ago:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f1...gas-22765.html

EDIT: Jamie beat by a minute!
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Too bad it wasn’t news of the new Axis/Vegas 23.1.

Thread title had me going for a second.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:59 PM   #5

THOR #12231
I know I did, but we didnt have the floor plan or pictures yet.

I like it.... But Not my cup of tea but I can see how it would work well for others.

I dont like blocking my window with the bed.....Plus I like a dedicated bed while driving or for a quick power nap without having to open the slide.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 10-08-2020, 10:18 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I know I did, but we didnt have the floor plan or pictures yet.

I like it.... But Not my cup of tea but I can see how it would work well for others.

I dont like blocking my window with the bed.....Plus I like a dedicated bed while driving or for a quick power nap without having to open the slide.
Um but there is a floorplan and a walkthrough video on that other thread.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #7

THOR #2121
Since this topic came back up, I’d like to hear opinions on how Thor “may” price different floor plans. The new 24.3 has an identical list price as the 24.1 of the same size. However, the 25.6 floor plan, which has similar equipment and features than the 24.3, but is a foot longer, has a MSRP $9,450 higher.

Other than larger slide and wider dinette, plus E-450 versus E-350, I don’t see $9,450 worth of manufacturing costs. Does this much difference seem justified?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BD7A1087-082E-4871-A7CC-9F31500C4CC3.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	26595  
Old 10-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #8

THOR #2121
P.S. — By comparison, the size difference between 25.6 and 27.7 is greater yet prices are much closer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	43470969-890E-4934-BC92-4CA09B50EE51.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	26596  
Old 10-09-2020, 10:17 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Meh... I like having a bedroom that is separate from the living area...
Old 10-09-2020, 10:51 PM   #10
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Perhaps its just the size of the slide.

24.1 & 24.3 have a tiny slide hence price about the same.

25.6 slide is roughly 2x the size of the 24.x versions and the 27.7 has two slides (which is roughly 2x the slides in 24.x).

Or, more likely, its based on sales? lower price for units expected to sell more...

Of course these are just wild guesses.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:58 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Isn't the Silly Season fun?
Old 10-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #12

THOR #12231
Yeah I bet its the slides and the E450 chassis.

Well I still waiting for the Axis / Vegas floor plan with the "Mega Bike Storage" garage model. It would open on both sides with a 42 x 42 drop down door/ramp on both sides. Oh well....Perhaps the 2030 model with have that?

And Yes I have seen the Pleasure Way Wonder with bike storage - It would something like that but longer and in a Class A style. I really like the Class A looks but I might go with a C class down the road.

Simular to the European RV's we have posted in the past on this forum. So I know they exist .... just not in the Axis model.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:20 PM   #13

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Perhaps its just the size of the slide.

24.1 & 24.3 have a tiny slide hence price about the same.

25.6 slide is roughly 2x the size of the 24.x versions and the 27.7 has two slides (which is roughly 2x the slides in 24.x).

Or, more likely, its based on sales? lower price for units expected to sell more...

Of course these are just wild guesses.

It’s all about money, right?

Profitability is at the core of business, so manufacturing costs versus sales price directly affects what motorhome floor plans, sizes, features, etc. Thor offers, and also which they discontinue.

I believe there have been a total of 10 floor plans (a couple had minor variations), 4 remain, and 6 have been discontinued. We’d have to assume that if they were profitable, they would still be in production. One exception is if Thor thought they had a “new” product that was expected to be even more profitable. Assuming Thor have limited manufacturing (plant) capacity, they may discontinue a marginally profitable and or slow-moving floor plan in favor of a new one with higher profit expectations.

That Thor would develop a “new” floor plan, the 24.3, at the bottom of the size and cost range when all previous were going larger and more costly is surprising. In my opinion it was overdue, but surprising nonetheless.

The question is whether the 24.3 was primarily developed to downsize, or to lower price point. I know there’s some connection between the two, but did product development work with primary goal of creating a smaller Axis/Vegas due to general downsizing trend, or was a second lower-cost floor plan option their primary objective?

I’m concerned the 24.3 floor plan may not succeed, but hope Thor doesn’t give up on smaller units because of it.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #14

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
It’s all about money, right?

I’m concerned the 24.3 floor plan may not succeed, but hope Thor doesn’t give up on smaller units because of it.
Yeah I agree with you. And Im also conderned about this new floor plan.

You only have the window on the passenger side to look out while driving or taking a quick stop? Plus I dont want to have to put the slide out to make the bed then have to fold it back up for daytime use.

I think they need to use the longer 27 / 28.5 foot floor plan and make a long slide with both a murphy bed/couch in the rear and full size dinnette up front.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #15

THOR #2121
Quote:
Yeah I bet its the slides and the E450 chassis.

Well I still waiting for the Axis / Vegas floor plan with the "Mega Bike Storage" garage model. It would open on both sides with a 42 x 42 drop down door/ramp on both sides. Oh well....Perhaps the 2030 model with have that?

And Yes I have seen the Pleasure Way Wonder with bike storage - It would something like that but longer and in a Class A style. I really like the Class A looks but I might go with a C class down the road.

Simular to the European RV's we have posted in the past on this forum. So I know they exist .... just not in the Axis model.

No doubt it’s technically possible to design and build, which begs the question why Thor keeps coming up with “creative” Axis/Vegas solutions that often fail instead of offering a modern/updated version of a proven floor plan first?

Coachmen is doing what you describe above on the E-350 chassis. The Class C is 29’-6” long, much wider than Axis/Vegas, has huge bike garage, and still manages to have over 2,000 pounds of OCCC. When there are tons of Sprinter and Transit motorhomes with around 1,000 pounds or less of OCCC, it confirms that designers could develop new Euro-style floor plans while keeping costs down.

Tiffin also now offers a Sprinter MH with a Euro bike garage design, but I’d bet the OCCC is probably inadequate. Regardless, my point is that many buyers are going with small Sprinter and Transit motorhomes, so a “similar” design approach should work with Axis/Vegas also. Why wouldn’t it?
Old 10-10-2020, 08:48 PM   #16

THOR #2121
Quote:

.....cut....

I think they need to use the longer 27 / 28.5 foot floor plan and make a long slide with both a murphy bed/couch in the rear and full size dinnette up front.
Agree there’s demand for that size rig, but there are plenty of choices in that size motorhome already (i.e. — having a slide or two, or a full-wall slide). It would have significant competition.

On the other hand, there are very few slide-free compact motorhomes in US with a bike garage; not counting vans. I’d like to see an Axis designed similar to Coachmen 20XG but larger so it could have Twin/King beds in rear over the garage. There may not be as much total demand, but such a Class A motorhome would own its segment from lack of competition.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:39 PM   #17
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Tiffin's "bike garage Sprinter" has no rear slide.... that's how they found the room.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:21 PM   #18

THOR #2121
Tiffin took a floor plan similar to the Axis/Vegas 24.1 and mostly raised the floor to make room for the garage below. Thor could do the very same with a few minor modifications.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:29 PM   #19
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Actually... they didn't.
By not having a rear slide ( and moving the freshwater tank): they had the room they needed.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:13 AM   #20

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Actually... they didn't.
By not having a rear slide ( and moving the freshwater tank): they had the room they needed.

Try arguing with Tiffin FACTS, not me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7616BE1E-DCE4-4647-B44A-2FDF1C1E79E0.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	26613   Click image for larger version

Name:	6B0AA800-6B98-4301-9CC6-E0A9F6F43CBC.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	26614