Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2020, 06:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
New XG32 Today! Nope, Damaged when moving it

I was getting my new Magnitude XG32 today, except I got a phone call yesterday because the employee moving it to delivery prep, scraped another unit on the lot. So i have a choice, wait a week for a paint repair, or wait until late October for another one. I won't name the dealer because it was a unfortunate deleo.

I have opted to have them fix it, since it was minor, but not acceptable without being fixed. Uggg! I was looking forward to using it for a Perseid Meteor shoot next week.

Will just have to make the drive back home at 2AM. I've attached a perseid I photographed a few years ago. Hopefully next Tuesday will be good too.

https://davidwhalen.smugmug.com/MY-j...os/i-wjTKGvg/A

https://davidwhalen.smugmug.com/MY-j...os/i-GZzPBDc/A

https://davidwhalen.smugmug.com/Nigh...R4/i-k3rtSpp/A

Old 08-06-2020, 07:12 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Our first rig showed up damaged in transit, so I know your pain...
Hang in there: the wait will prove to be worth it!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:24 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Hope the fix is easy. Our newest coach had a couple of good sized scratch’s all the way through the paint and into the fiberglass. I asked the dealer to fix them thinking their paint guys would do a better job than I would with the touch up. What actually happened is the sales guy did a ham fisted job of it! Oh well, it has to live in the real world anyway and I rarely notice the “repair” anymore. Life’s too short to get all fuzzed up over a scratch.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #4

THOR #19682
Thanks, it is going to a body and repair shop that works on their big pushers. The sales manager says they know how to paint motorhomes and said I wouldn't see it. So i think it will be good. This dealer has a good reputation.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:59 AM   #5

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
Thanks, it is going to a body and repair shop that works on their big pushers. The sales manager says they know how to paint motorhomes and said I wouldn't see it. So i think it will be good. This dealer has a good reputation.
That stinks, I have too take my new XG32 in for a paint touch up. While the dealer was doing a recall on the big bunk window, they was replacing the sealant around the window, they masked it off to not get any on the paint. Well when pulling the tape off, some paint came off with the tape.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:36 AM   #6

THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
That stinks, I have too take my new XG32 in for a paint touch up. While the dealer was doing a recall on the big bunk window, they was replacing the sealant around the window, they masked it off to not get any on the paint. Well when pulling the tape off, some paint came off with the tape.
I hope that everything is good. I don't want to be too picky but I don't want to miss out on anything. I saw that someone had a new unit inspection list or something like that. I think I will make a thread and find that.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:27 AM   #7

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
I hope that everything is good. I don't want to be too picky but I don't want to miss out on anything. I saw that someone had a new unit inspection list or something like that. I think I will make a thread and find that.
Everything is good. The dealer will take care of it, we have another trip planned in a few weeks and when we get back they will fix the paint.
One thing to watch out for on the XG32 is the 2 windows over the dinette, mine have an issue of vibrating while going down the road, Thor replaced them but the problem is still there, I have a couple of suction cups holding them in right now, I have a video of it I can post if you want too see what i'm talking about.
I believe it's the air passing over the windows and creating a suction and pulling them out, I tried taping them closed on the outside so air could not get under them,but the problem is still there. Thor the dealer and the manufacture are working on it.