Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #41
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
This is a screen shot from a different angle, making it look longer. But some of it is perspective, because from front view the rear looks short.
Not much different from the angle of the photo I posted. Was trying to compare it to the overhang of some Class C's (I know they have some really long overhangs).

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #42

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1547
On a different note, am assuming that large rear bedroom window is the escape window. Since the bedroom appears to be a copy of the 25.3, does anyone know if that entire window is an emergency exit? If so, it would be a big improvement for us! Am not a fan of the small escape window we have in ours.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Not much different from the angle of the photo I posted. Was trying to compare it to the overhang of some Class C's (I know they have some really long overhangs).

More pictures are showing up since they have been out longer. This one shows the rear overhang at 90 degrees for more clarity of proportions. Not that bad but not great either.

Another minor item to place on my "not so desirable detail" is the generator exhaust between the two slides. Along with that the weight of generator on same side with the two slides, so I expect that when traveling with empty tanks, the driver side should be much heavier than passenger side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5646.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	7234  
Old 10-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #44

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Two slides is one too many for me and would prefer none.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #45
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
That overhang doesn't look that bad. Its long for an Axis/Vegas but for a class-C it isn't the longest.

Agreed about the genny & slides all being on the same side. That may also put the waste tanks on the passenger side meaning the drain lines will be across the unit (yeah all of this is speculation...).

Our RV show is in a couple of weeks, perhaps I'll get a chance to see one.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:52 AM   #46

THOR #2121
Jamie, the generator's exhaust is visible on this picture. I'm fairly sure it's on driver's side just ahead of rear axle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5654.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	7246  
Old 10-04-2017, 03:18 AM   #47

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Like I said elsewhere. Now that Thor is listening, how about the option for recliners instead of the Jack-Knife sofa and do away with the drop down bed and put some storage up there instead? OKAY, it's a dream now...but a second slide and 3 more feet over the 24.1 was a dream last year!!!

DocMIke

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:53 AM   #48
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Went to our local RV show today. Of course they only had 1 Axis/Vegas unit at the show: A 25.2. First time I've seen one of those. Very nice; I can see why people love it.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:19 AM   #49

THOR #4397
Still would like a stretch 24.1. Use the extra 1 foot of space to make the shower bigger. An option to have recliners or a dream dinette instead of the sofa would also be great!
Old 11-22-2017, 03:27 AM   #50

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
Still would like a stretch 24.1. Use the extra 1 foot of space to make the shower bigger. An option to have recliners or a dream dinette instead of the sofa would also be great!
Yeah, thats pretty much what I originally wished for also -- basically the front of a 25.2 with rear (bedroom) of a 24.1 (dwg below).

I'd also want a narrow dinette optized for two (bed for one) making it work for up to 4 people day or night. Generator would be moved forward ahead of rear tires so huge mega-storage compartment could be included under beds.

After a while I realized there is minimal demand for a Euro-style floorplan, so I stopped waiting for Thor to make anything close to that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1629.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	7867  
Old 11-22-2017, 03:55 AM   #51

THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Yeah, thats pretty much what I originally wished for also -- basically the front of a 25.2 with rear (bedroom) of a 24.1 (dwg below).

I'd also want a narrow dinette optized for two (bed for one) making it work for up to 4 people day or night. Generator would be moved forward ahead of rear tires so huge mega-storage compartment could be included under beds.

After a while I realized there is minimal demand for a Euro-style floorplan, so I stopped waiting for Thor to make anything close to that.
Yeah, this was the design I remebered you posting. Hopefully Thor is watching, they could get at least 2 sales right away with this design!