Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The problem is that if you don't use the proper amount of water from the first use and damming or pyamiding starts to take hold, you need to break that up for things to work properly once you do start using enough water.

The black and gray tanks on my Magnitude run side-to-side across the coach with the deep end and drain on the drivers side. The toilet is on the passenger side, which is the narrow end and I have never had an issue.

Most people don't use a standard RV toilet properly.... and the proper way is not boondocking friendly as an FYI. Here are my "rules" for using an RV toilet properly.

Rule #1 - One full bowl of water when going #1! While you don't need this much water to flush it promotes good draining and washing toilet paper and other "debris" down the tank.

Rule #2 - Fill the bowl with water first before going #2! Flush before wiping. Fill bowl again, wipe and then flush, This provides enough water to keep things moving down the tank and not building up under the toilet. If you want to be safer than sorry, then flush one more bowl of water when done.

When I dump the black tank, I use the San-T-Flush to fill the tank once or twice ot make sure it is flusing 99% of the debris out of the tank. I then add a couple gallons of water and the DW pours some Calgon Water Softener, Dawn and a treatment tab down the toilet.

We have never had an issue with the black tank in our coaches and we have always had the toilet on the paseenger side... furthest from the deep end of the tank and drain.

If you don't like my rules, then you are going to have issues so you might as well purchase a macerator toilet like this one.....

https://marinesan.com/7640-rv-master...gn=besttoilets

Old 05-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #42

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #14384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoot2 View Post
Hopefully I can figure out a solution.
I feel your pain, however on my windsport 34j, the stool is at the very narrow portion of the tank marked front. I wish mine was where yours is.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:26 PM   #43

Model: 33.1
State: Alabama
THOR #21442
Quote:
Originally Posted by apr67 View Post
I feel your pain, however on my windsport 34j, the stool is at the very narrow portion of the tank marked front. I wish mine was where yours is.
Still doesn't help where is at. But i feel your pain.
Old 05-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #44

State: Arkansas
THOR #19565
From all my reading this is common for most passenger side toilets. It’s a battle I’ve fought since day one. Even if you restrict to #1 on the passenger as long as you put any toilet paper in you will still have the problem no matter what. It’s quite infuriating. Even they saniflush doesn’t resolve it.

The design flaw is that the down pipe is straight and dumps into a 3 in clearance. Potential clog on the first dump into a dry spot It should be angled and directed to the other side so it dumps into the deep.

Tags
black tank issues, hurricane 34j, toilet clog