Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2022, 06:21 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Wisconsin
THOR #27805
ACE 29.4 Winterizing

New owner of a 2017 ACE 29.4. We are planning on taking a trip (or two) before spring. I winterized by draining all tanks, water heater and low points. Set valves to by-pass—which is an adventure of its own, fresh tank drain and fresh supply are under a drawer in the bedroom, water heater valves are behind and under the kitchen sink, took my several weeks of research and searching to figure that out. Then blew out the water lines with compressed air. I was worried about the outside sink, so I poured about 2 cups of antifreeze into the sink and ran the pump (the outside sink has a macerator pump to empty it, that also took me weeks to figure out, I initially thought I had a plugged sink drain line before I found the pump switch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). I poured a cup or so of antifreeze in all the p-traps, 1/2 gallon down the toilet and left enough antifreeze to cover the toilet bowl valve. Then I thought about the fresh water pump . . . It’s under the drawer in the bedroom and has an antifreeze inlet, but I didn’t want to fill all the water lines with antifreeze. Instead of just sucking antifreeze from the jug and running it to the faucets, I put a tube on the antifreeze line with a funnel in it and ran a cup or so into the pump.
Think I’m ok?

Old 11-11-2022, 06:34 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
You live in Wisconsin? We live in Indiana and after blowing all the water lines out with compressed air I still use the pink stuff in the lines. Some will argue you don't need the antifreeze after blowing the lines out. Living in a climate that can get subzero temps in winter I will err on the side of caution and fill my MH's lines with anifreeze.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 11:21 AM   #3

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciret7 View Post
New owner of a 2017 ACE 29.4. We are planning on taking a trip (or two) before spring. I winterized by draining all tanks, water heater and low points. Set valves to by-pass—which is an adventure of its own, fresh tank drain and fresh supply are under a drawer in the bedroom, water heater valves are behind and under the kitchen sink, took my several weeks of research and searching to figure that out. Then blew out the water lines with compressed air. I was worried about the outside sink, so I poured about 2 cups of antifreeze into the sink and ran the pump (the outside sink has a macerator pump to empty it, that also took me weeks to figure out, I initially thought I had a plugged sink drain line before I found the pump switch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). I poured a cup or so of antifreeze in all the p-traps, 1/2 gallon down the toilet and left enough antifreeze to cover the toilet bowl valve. Then I thought about the fresh water pump . . . It’s under the drawer in the bedroom and has an antifreeze inlet, but I didn’t want to fill all the water lines with antifreeze. Instead of just sucking antifreeze from the jug and running it to the faucets, I put a tube on the antifreeze line with a funnel in it and ran a cup or so into the pump.
Think I’m ok?
I also unhook the shower hose and outside shower hose after blowing out.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:26 AM   #4

THOR #27805
Thank you for the comments. I feel pretty confident we’ll be okay�� And have a quicker, simpler transition.

2017 Thor ACE 29.4
ciret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 04:33 AM   #5

Model: Aria 3901
State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
Not sure if you have a refrigerator with water/ice maker or a washing machine in your rig, but those lines need to be handled also. Otherwise sounds like you knocked it out of the park.

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 04:38 AM   #6

THOR #27805
No ice maker or other water using appliance’s in the coach. But that reminds me to double check for food and other items that could freeze.

2017 Thor ACE 29.4
ciret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 05:48 PM   #7

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
Don’t forget to pour r v antifreeze down the shower drain and toilet
Old 12-08-2022, 11:03 PM   #8

Model: Aria 3901
State: New Mexico
THOR #2538
That's great advice wouldn't want those P traps to freeze up. Also don't forget the outdoor shower, split my hose because I didn't drain it completely a few years back. strarted just taking the hose completely off after that.

NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, winterize