Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
No Signal from Cameras

Cameras all worked when I picked up new coach, on my way home from florida they worked sometimes, now they are not working at all, just says NO SIGNAL.
Any ideas where to look so I can make the repair myself??

Old 07-24-2017, 12:47 AM   #2

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
It is a common problem for the camera input to the radio to not have been installed into the plug all the way. Pull the radio out the front. There should have been removal tools with your radio instructions. Make sure the three camera feeds are soundly seated in the back of the radio.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:54 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1Z View Post
Cameras all worked when I picked up new coach, on my way home from florida they worked sometimes, now they are not working at all, just says NO SIGNAL.
Any ideas where to look so I can make the repair myself??
Take the top of the dash off and look down and probably to the right for a small silver box, this is the camera switch. Check connections on the switch, three camera inputs, one output, and a wiring harness for power and triggers. I kept getting intermittent camera signals on my coach, when I took it in for warranty the switch box was bad.

If you're under warranty go to the dealer, if not you can get a replacement from this company: https://www.rearviewsafety.com

Several of us have installed a 9" quad view monitor on the dash from the same company. Monitors from Amazon don't have the same camera connections, the monitor from Rear View Safety is basically plug and play with the exception of the wiring which is very simple.

Go to Modifications and updates, Jerry's Hurricane mods, last few pages but don't remember which one has tips on how to install if you want. Personally I think this is a great mod because I can actually see what's behind me now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2087.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	6025
Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #4

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Texas
THOR #1406
Ron,
Many times, I simply disconnect\connect the engine battery for about 15 minutes. This reboots\fixes many problems.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:56 PM   #5

Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
You were correct SuperD, I found the camera box and tightened all connections and now everything works. I will keep an eye on it because it is scheduled to go back for warranty work in November.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:35 PM   #6

State: Nevada
THOR #15961
Cameras were works and now says no signal.

I picked up my Thor Palazzo 2017 and noticed the cameras aren’t working and says no signal. How do I pull off the radio or fave plate to check the connections. I don’t see any screws to remove and I don’t want to just yank on it and break something. Does anyone know if it’s just attached with clips and will pull off?
Old 11-15-2019, 04:44 AM   #7

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
There is a flat tool that fits in the sides of the radio to release it. If you don’t feel comfortable take it into a car audio shop and ask them to do it.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #8

State: Nevada
THOR #15961
Camera fixed

I got behind the dash and pushed all the connection together and cameras all work great again