Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2020, 10:46 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #19181
Offline date on weight tag

For the second time, we're seeing a discrepancy between manufacturing dates and model years. First time was an Itasca we were pursuing, now it's a Four Winds model.

The cutaway chassis is a Ford E450 that is definitely a 2012 according to VIN lookup. Came off the line in June I think. The Thor weight tag shows "Offline: 10/12" - I'm guessing that's when the RV came off the line, correct?

I'm not savvy about RV model years, but wouldn't that be for a 2013 model year? It seems so, because the only reference to the Four Winds model line at NADA begins with the 2013 year. Nothing for 2012.

So no one drove this until 2013, the NADA guide for Four Winds starts at 2013, but the dealer sold it as a 2012. Their price was toward the low end of NADA value range, so it's kind of a moot point I guess.

Old 06-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by donblanco View Post
For the second time, we're seeing a discrepancy between manufacturing dates and model years. First time was an Itasca we were pursuing, now it's a Four Winds model.

The cutaway chassis is a Ford E450 that is definitely a 2012 according to VIN lookup. Came off the line in June I think. The Thor weight tag shows "Offline: 10/12" - I'm guessing that's when the RV came off the line, correct?

I'm not savvy about RV model years, but wouldn't that be for a 2013 model year? It seems so, because the only reference to the Four Winds model line at NADA begins with the 2013 year. Nothing for 2012.

So no one drove this until 2013, the NADA guide for Four Winds starts at 2013, but the dealer sold it as a 2012. Their price was toward the low end of NADA value range, so it's kind of a moot point I guess.
Just because something rolled off the line in October 2012 doesn't make it a 2013. Thor establishes the model year for their rigs and the beginning date for a model year can fluctuate.

Also, it could be how you are doing your search. Here is the result of a quick 2 minute search I did.

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2012/...350-V8/6017598

Also, note that the 2012 timeframe was when the units fluctuated between Thor, Damon and Four Winds. Around 2010 was when the merger of the three companies occurred.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #19181
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Also, it could be how you are doing your search. Here is the result of a quick 2 minute search I did.

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2012/...350-V8/6017598

Also, note that the 2012 timeframe was when the units fluctuated between Thor, Damon and Four Winds. Around 2010 was when the merger of the three companies occurred.
There are no results at NADA for 2012 Four Winds, although NADA may have just lumped them together at the top of the search results. For 2013 they have a separate breakout for Four Winds. Either way, our floor plan is nowhere to be found in 2012, but is definitely there for 2013.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The model year of the RV is established by the manufacturer of the RV... Not by the manufacturer of the chassis.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote