Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I wonder if the O.P. has heard anything yet?

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:47 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #8790
Response from TMC....

I currently have a claim filed against Thor Motor Coach due to my Thor A.C.E., 30.2 being in for warranty work 63% of the time during the first 9 months.

The company is absolutely unresponsive and will do nothing to help me. It is the first time I have ever had to go this far to get action. My Thor has been nothing but a headache. Traded in a 40' diesel Monaco 2 weeks before hubby's death so I could downsize and keep on traveling. WORST MISTAKE I HAVE EVER MADE.

The quality of the coach is no low; I even asked the company if they would take my coach and use it to teach their technicians "what went wrong" and let it be a learning/job training exercise...deaf ears.

I love traveling, but have become fearful. When my generator caught on fire on the top of the smoky mountains, I wondered if I would ever be at ease again.

Best wishes to all of you travelers; have fun and be safe. Hope to see you on the highways.
Pat
Old 05-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #23

Model: Aria 3901
State: Iowa
THOR #11560
Brief update. #ThorMotorCoach has started to respond to my plea for help with very serious water damage to my 2017 Thor Aria caused by factory improperly sealed slide issues. Without going into all of the details, I am temporarily hopeful that Thor will finally start paying proper attention to my very serious water damage issues and follow through by providing me the quality and customer service that was promised to me in our purchase agreement. Ron Baker (Thor WCS) has been handling my claim. Thor has a long way to go to earn my trust, but baby steps are being taken. I will keep this thread updated...hopefully, with encouraging details for those of you that have been so let down and disenfranchised by their Thor Motor Coach purchases.
Pirette Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:14 AM   #24

State: Colorado
THOR #11734
Water damage a common theme

I bought a 2017 freedom elite last March. I have yet to use it, water damage, multiple other issues. They finally took it back to Thor in Indiana to replace the subfloor, played games. Kept it past the warranty and won’t extend warranty unless I sign something saying I won’t sue. Got it back a few weeks ago, still has mold I am allergic to, still has water leak, still has all the problems plus some additional. Nothing was fixed correctly. As well as has holes in walls, wood all marked up. I have a used camper for the price of a new one. Still have not used half of the stuff to see if it works. Have spent the past two weeks paying for repairs. I wish I had never sent it back to Indiana. I was suppose to be living in it for 9 mos. had quit my job and gave up my house. The past year has been hell and worse off than when I started. They will not return messages half the time, and this is the manufacture, They are as bad as the dealer. Don’t care about their product, only the sell. When they do get back to you it is weeks, sometimes months. There isn’t a easy resolution. I am still figuring mine out. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:19 AM   #25

THOR #11560
I am so sorry, Kari. My year has been hell, too. Please keep this thread updated. At some point Thor has to hear our voices and honor their commitments. It is so disheartening to read the horror stories.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I'm glad to hear that there has at least been some movement on your problems...
Old 05-24-2018, 12:37 PM   #27

THOR #11560
Thank you very much, Bob. I’m being very cautious with my hopefulness. This entire process has been completely unnecessary and really inexcusable. I am counting on Ron Baker (WCS) to keep the ball properly rolling.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I understand your caution, and completely agree with this wise approach.
Doesn't it seem odd? The folks building these rigs honestly don't seem to care a bit about doing the job correctly...

...Yet the Customer Service folks always seem to sympathetic and helpful?

I guess that in a perfect World: their jobs would be unnecessary.

Tags
aria, mckee, toppers, water