Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Washington
THOR #19597
Opinions on the different Serrano models

Does anyone have any actual opinions on the best Serrano models? they seem to vary a bit by year.

Old 11-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The "best" one is the one that fits both your needs, and your wallet!
It's an absolutely personal choice, and everyone has to make their own decision.

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #3

THOR #19597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
The "best" one is the one that fits both your needs, and your wallet!
It's an absolutely personal choice, and everyone has to make their own decision.

Actual opinions. Why reply if you’re going to write something completely and utterly useless?
Old 11-03-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
All that I'm saying is that another person's opinion and three bucks will get you a cup of coffee...
Besides: these are older models, and their story has already been told...
Old 11-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #5

THOR #19597
All I’m saying is that when you don’t have anything useful to add to a discussion, being silent is the best option.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
You don't have to listen to me: just put the "Ignore" button to use...
I can promise you that it won't hurt my feelings a bit!

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1604434419
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floating Your Goat.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	27011  
Old 11-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarv View Post
All I’m saying is that when you don’t have anything useful to add to a discussion, being silent is the best option.
This is an open forum and all members are allowed to provide input that complies with the rules.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #8

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarv View Post
Does anyone have any actual opinions on the best Serrano models? they seem to vary a bit by year.

I don’t have ownership experience, but recall well looking at one in Houston that we liked a lot because of its very large rear compartment — bike garage. That’s what we were mostly looking for.

I like the modern look, and the floor plan we considered had only one slide with couch and dinette — no kitchen or other moving parts to make a slide even worse.

Being a front engine diesel (FRED) it seemed quite loud even at idle. I didn’t take it for a drive.

The Workhorse chassis had gone out of business, so I was concerned about parts and service. I’m not sure if that’s justified but I like easy access to parts.

The diesel V8 under a different brand had issues, and I wasn’t able to confirm whether they were related or shared problems.

In the end we liked the appearance and loved the bike garage, plus the floor plan was very good for us, but the motorhome was much larger than we wanted, it had a slide (we prefer slideless) and was a diesel (we prefer gas).

Had it not been for the large size, I would have looked more into it. It also had a good price as I recall.
Old 11-03-2020, 11:55 PM   #9

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
Well, i can give you my opinion about the model 33W. I first looked at a 33A and liked the floorplan, and styling. We wanted something with the TV directly across from the sofa so we didn't have cricks in our necks! We also like the chairs instead of the resturant dinette seating. After we saw the 33W, we decided to wait for it because we wanted the washer-dryer setup too. We carry two fold-up bikes in the rear compartment, plenty of room for everything else that we want to carry as well. We like having two- grey water tanks in addition to the black. This is our seventh motorhome and all previous coaches were gas. This diesel has been great. Although the horsepower rating is only 230, I have never wanted for HP. It's the torque that makes the difference, 620 lbs! All our previous gas coaches downshifted on interstate overpasses if we used cruise control. Not this diesel! Also has smooth Allison 6 speed tranny. Fuel consumption averages around 11+. We have recorded as high as 13.2 on interstate runs. Handling has also been extremely good in all conditions. Needless to say, we are very happy with our Serrano.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:30 AM   #10

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
Also I forgot to mention that compared to my previous gassers, this diesel is much quieter at 65mph. That is probably because the engine RPM is around 1450 compared to 2500 on the gas engines. DW and I can hold very nice conversations without raising our voices!