Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
We went to the Tampa RV show in 2016 with enough cash to trade our 2014 Vegas for something bigger- in the 30’ range. We had put 25,000 miles on the Vegas including a 4 1/2 month trip from FL to Alaska and back. After looking at every RV from 28-32’, we bought another Axis 24.1. Not one RV gave us anything more than the Axis except for more floor space and in some cases a bigger shower- which was a major plus. But when we looked at the additional hassles of driving, parking and finding a camp site in the National Parks, we did not think it was worth it. We have not been sorry. I found out in boats! That bigger is not always better. The smallest boat or RV that really meets your total needs is the best one for you. Sometimes that’s 35 or 40’ and sometimes 25’ will do just fine.
Well larger for me is 32 to a max of 34/35 foot. Most of the ones I really like are 30 to 32 foot range so thats only 3 to 5 foot longer than my Axis 25.4.

But like you said the Axis/Vegas offers great floor plans with great storage (esp in the 24.1 and 25.4 floor plans). I would like a couch and a dinette plus a queen bed so the 27.7 is appealing but no storage (outside) compared to my 70 cu foot that I have now. So I will just wait and enjoy what I have for another 8 years.

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
I tow my Camaro drag car on an open trailer with an e450 based Vegas 24.1. This is my first ever Ford. I am very happy with the overall performance of the v10/6 speed setup. Passing, merging and getting up to speed is far better than I expected. I have run anywhere from 12k to 18.5k and see little drop off at higher combined weight. MPG seems to be identical on any trip over 100 miles. I would not hesitate to buy another even though old tech.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
But that "One year and 4 month" in the motorhome world. Everything is a year behind. Unless the frame is exactly the same they will have to retool the body for the new chassis. That takes time and money.... both of which they will do as slowly as possible IMO.
It’s the same E-350 or E-450 with a new engine, refreshed dash, and more electronics.

Skipping a Model Year is justa paperwork thing. Ford is not stopping production.

It may take a year and 4 months, or you may see the first in 6~8 months.

I expect that the 2021 motorhomes which start rolling out in March of 2020 (or thereabouts) may have 2021 chassis also to avoid consumer confusion.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #24

State: Tennessee
THOR #13519
I have had a 29J for 11 months. Transmission shifts constantly. No issues yet with the drive train. I get 8.4 MPG, same while pulling a Toyota Yaris. Discovery learning where low point drains, 100 amp fuses, generator circuit breaker were. Can haul HD FBL and my wife's CRX 700 in the back. Any bigger HD only one. Heat is is in a horrible spot.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to our campsite!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:05 AM   #26

Model: 2020 Thor Outlaw 29J
State: California
THOR #16597
When you say low point drain are you referring to the roof or the interior floor? Did you have a situation with water blowing a fuse?
Old 09-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #27

State: Tennessee
THOR #13519
No issues with leaking, low drain point for winterizing the RV, they are under the stove. Have to take it the drawer to get to them. The 100 AMP fuses tripped once while using the auto leveling system. They are under the RV near the hydraulic pump.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartless175 View Post
No issues with leaking, low drain point for winterizing the RV, they are under the stove. Have to take it the drawer to get to them. The 100 AMP fuses tripped once while using the auto leveling system. They are under the RV near the hydraulic pump.
Mine are in the wet bay, and offer easy access.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1568722198
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wet Bay 01.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	20311  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote