Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New York
THOR #6597
Fresh water valve

Hello friends. This is my first year Dewinterizing my Thor freedom elite FE 30. I believe I have flushed out all of the water and drain lines so far. I have disconnected my hose from the city water fill port, and now have filled the freshwater holding tank. I have turned on the water pump, opened up the faucets, and no water comes out. Is there some sort of bypass valve that goes from the city water connection to the holding tank. Any info would be greatly appreciated by this newbie. We are planning a trip for this weekend and will not have any access to fresh water, so I need to get this figured out. Thank you for any help that you might be able to give me.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #2

State: Alabama
THOR #6466
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandart View Post
Hello friends. This is my first year Dewinterizing my Thor freedom elite FE 30. I believe I have flushed out all of the water and drain lines so far. I have disconnected my hose from the city water fill port, and now have filled the freshwater holding tank. I have turned on the water pump, opened up the faucets, and no water comes out. Is there some sort of bypass valve that goes from the city water connection to the holding tank. Any info would be greatly appreciated by this newbie. We are planning a trip for this weekend and will not have any access to fresh water, so I need to get this figured out. Thank you for any help that you might be able to give me.
On my Vegas there's a valve on the line coming from the tank, right next to the tank itself.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #3

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
My outlaw also has the valve on the feed from the fresh water tank. Between the valve and the pump there is also a fitting to connect a hose for antifreeze Make sure the cap is tight. I made the mistake of not checking it and ran the prime out of the pump. Was a bear to get the pump working again.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Mine has a valve at the pump to select either the water tank or a connection to pump antifreeze into the plumbing to winterize the RV. If the valve is set to the winterize position, the pump is not connected to the water tank.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Georgia
THOR #6687
Found mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmandart View Post
I had the same thing happen. When I removed the dinette seat and gained access to the fresh water tanks and pump, I found the valve (quoted above), next to the tank. I turned it to perpendicular and the water started flowing.

Good Luck and God Speed.