Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2022, 05:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #28429
Overhead bunk one motor goes up the other down

Hi all! I have a 2015 Thor Palazzo 36.1 Diesel. The drivers seat was in the way when i lowered the overhead bunk and now one side goes up and the other down. I tried resetting the Slide Control but no luck. I can't bring them all the way down together to try and resync them. Is there a way to resync them to both go in the same direction?

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2022, 07:47 PM   #2

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clenge View Post
Hi all! I have a 2015 Thor Palazzo 36.1 Diesel. The drivers seat was in the way when i lowered the overhead bunk and now one side goes up and the other down. I tried resetting the Slide Control but no luck. I can't bring them all the way down together to try and resync them. Is there a way to resync them to both go in the same direction?

Thanks!
If it was me I would be calling Thor first and looking at the manufacturing companies site. On ours there is an access panel about the driver's seat where the controller is located. I have never paid attention to it.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:12 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I'm not familiar with your specific coach but if it is an LCI system with a controller like the one for the Schwintek slides, there are DIP switches for each motor that controls the direction. Try changing the switch position on one motor if it has that ability.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:50 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
When one end of the bed hit the seat, the motor on that side reversed. That is why you have one going down and the other going up.

Try clamping the cables on one side and the hit the button until it stalls, then remove the clamp and hit the button agai. Both should now be going the same direction. Then allow both ends to go up until both motors stall. Then go down until both stall and they should be both in sync.

I also think there is a controller switch to reverse the motor to get them both going the same way.

David

Tags
bunk, overhead, resync