Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2018, 11:16 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We really like our 2018 Outlaw 29H a lot; it's too soon to tell if love is going to bloom,or not...
It's just us two "Olpharts", and a five-pound Pomeranian.

...And our Can Am Spyder!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Maryland
THOR #3227
Super D - what type cold air intake did you install. Did you notice any improvement in performance or mpg?
2013 Chrysler 300 "S", 1936 Chrysler C-8
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition
Brakeman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #23

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Coach 2017 Thor Gemini 23TR

Owners 2 retired senior citizens with 2 pets

Usage Occasional local trips, Occasional trips to nearby states, One long trip each summer

Miles on Coach at present 7000 approx.

Do you pull a toad NO

Mileage 15-17 MPG driving 65mph

Any issues when you picked it up: Mostly cosmetic. Someone at the dealership closed the slide with the bed down. This took the dealer 2 months to repair. We did not close on the MH until it was repaired to our satisfaction.

Why do you love your camper It seems to be the perfect size for us. We travel more than camp. It fits in any parking lot and easy to get around with therefore we do not need a toad. Take about 5 minutes to set up. Get great mileage on an engine and has plenty of power for mountains. We downsized from a 32 foot 5th wheel and Ram 2500 diesel truck and don't regret a thing.

Would I recommend this to family and friends For sure
Old 01-02-2018, 12:45 AM   #24

Model: Challenger LX
State: Colorado
THOR #3922
Coach 2016 Thor Challenger LX

Owners 2 retired senior citizens with 1 Chocolate Lab

Usage: We are full timers, spending the summer and fall months in Colorado, and winter/spring months in Florida

Miles on Coach at present: 10,000.

Do you pull a toad Yes - 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Mileage 6.6 mpg

Any issues when you picked it up: Wiper assembly was replaced; leveling system required calibration; leak in the shower. All repaired by the dealer.

Why do you love your camper: Perfect size for us. 1 1/2 bath was selling point for wife. Handles well on the road. Thor has been very responsive when I have questions/issues on the road.

Would I recommend this to family and friends Yes!
Old 01-02-2018, 05:27 AM   #25

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
I will ad another "love it" vote for my wife & I. And, another C class to the mix. We picked our specific coach because of the cab over entertainment center/storage cupboards. Our 1998 Chateau also had this setup. There are just two of us most of the time, so the loss of the bed space isn't an issue. We love the space the slide-out provides and the usable counter space compared with our old unit. The closet space down the side is outstanding! Like most of us here I have added some mods to personalize it to fit our needs. I custom fitted an over sized S&B (like a K&N) air filter. It has a convex filter opening in the top where the K&N has a flat rubber cap. We use a Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain 6000 lb tow bar to pull our 2014 Focus with ease. Using an SMI stay-n-play braking system. We had a great adventure flying out to S.C. to make the purchase from the original owners. Then, drove it home to WA state thru torrential rain storms. We only got lost once looking for the Alcoa plant in Indiana when the gps lost signal. It was one of the only plants my wife hadn't been too during her 30 yrs with them.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #26

Model: 34J
State: Florida
THOR #8707
Bought a 2017 Windsport 34J as our first MH back in July and had some very serious issues with it. There is a thread on this forum with pics to detail the issues but i have to say we still love our coach!! Love the layout and the appearance and the comfort of it.

Although it has been in for service for 4 months of the first 5 1/2 months of ownership i have learned a few things. Most importantly, Camping Works Sucks!!

Thor has taken over the warranty work on my coach from CW and they are working very hard to get it corrected and have bent over backwards to make us happy customers.

One complaint i had was loosing valuable warranty time while it was in for the lengthy service. They have agreed to extend my warranty to make up for lost time it was out of service. I want to be upset about the issues i had but i am finding it difficult with all the efforts they have taken to make it right.

We love the short time we have spent in it and have gotten alot of compliments about it. We look forward to getting past the issues and being happy campers!!!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #27
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreitas View Post
Bought a 2017 Windsport 34J as our first MH back in July and had some very serious issues with it. There is a thread on this forum with pics to detail the issues but i have to say we still love our coach!! Love the layout and the appearance and the comfort of it.

Although it has been in for service for 4 months of the first 5 1/2 months of ownership i have learned a few things. Most importantly, Camping Works Sucks!!

Thor has taken over the warranty work on my coach from CW and they are working very hard to get it corrected and have bent over backwards to make us happy customers.

One complaint i had was loosing valuable warranty time while it was in for the lengthy service. They have agreed to extend my warranty to make up for lost time it was out of service. I want to be upset about the issues i had but i am finding it difficult with all the efforts they have taken to make it right.

We love the short time we have spent in it and have gotten alot of compliments about it. We look forward to getting past the issues and being happy campers!!!
I have read your post and followed the story of your coach I have to say one thing with all you went through and your attitude towards it you seem like you'd be a great guy to have a beer with some night around the campfire this is wishing you safe fun Carefree and happy travels in 2018 you deserve it.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:07 AM   #28

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
Coach: 2014.5 THOR PALAZZO 35.1
Owners: 2 retirees
Usage: Currently on 6 month trip
Miles on Coach at present: Approx 25K
Do you pull a toad: Yes 2015 Chevy Equinox, 6cyl
Mileage: About 8-9, best was 12.2
Any issues when you picked it up? Walk through discovered some loose cabinet doors, and a few drawers that didn't close tight. Counter top in kitchen had a crack, new countertop ordered.
Pic of us camping:

Why do you love your camper:
We had been looking at 5th wheels when we discovered this model. It had everything on our 'bucket list' - washer and dryer, generator, automatic levelers. Though we have had problems, some minor, some major, overall we would buy it again.
The air ride suspension makes it a pleasure to drive, even on longer days. It's so quiet up front, we invariably remark what a great ride it is every trip.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #29

State: Virginia
THOR #5909
Finally a positive thread!

Coach: 2017 Tuscany XTE 40BX
Owners: 2
Usage: Whenever I can get it out
Miles on Coach at present: Approx 6K
Do you pull a toad: Yes 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Mileage: I don't care

Any issues when you picked it up? sure. Worst thing right now is a full wall slide that needs to go forward an inch or two. I've had a couple of times where i had hydraulic creep on that slide. I need to get it up to the factory but 3 days is a lot for a service appt when I'm 10 hours away. I blame that on the Dealership, throwing the slides out without leveling it first.

Pic of us camping:

Why do you love your camper:
We had a Itasca Impulse Silver Class C. Wanted diesel,10k towing capacity, and 600 mile fuel range, and bunk beds for the kids. Got all that now. Took a 2 week trip to Nova Scotia and it was a great experience. This year I would love to go out west for a couple of weeks...work is over rated
Old 01-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #30

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
Coach: 2016 Siesta Sprinter ST24 (rear twin)
Owner: myself and 2 dogs (Newfoundland & a Pug)
Useage: Travel, visit family, member of SMART (Military Recreational Travelers) https://www.smartrving.org/
Miles: 29,000
Toad: Rigged to tow but seldom used. (not necessary)
Mpg: 16
Issues at pick up: Leak at upper bunk windows, torn bunk cushion, furnace door design. Repaired/ordered by dealer at pdi.

Enjoy the RV, easy to drive and set up, efficient layout. Downsized from 36ft Diesel pusher. This model has extra cabinets in Bedroom and large pass-thru storage. Trips to Niagara, Maryland, NC & SC, Blue Ridge Parkway, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee and Gulf Coast.

Photo at Four Paws kingdom, NC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV woods.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	8504  
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:10 AM   #31

Model: Aria 3901
THOR #6952
We love our 2017 Challenger 37KT. The floor plan is the best for our needs, the service from General RV has been great and we have only experienced minor issues. We previously had a 2016 Jayco Precept which was a great MH but just didn't have the high end features we gained with the Challenger. Based on our experience to date, I would recommend a Thor product and hope to upgrade to Diesel perhaps an Aria
Old 01-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #32

Model: 28z
State: Ohio
THOR #7907
We are very happy with our Chateau 28z, the floor plan was perfect - able to use the bed without requiring a slide out. Makes it easy to stop and rest during the drive. Prefer rest areas so not using a slide out was important. Tow an enclosed trailer with the Goldwing for site seeing once we arrive. Still working but able to work from anywhere with internet!! Multiple issues at first but next time will be more picky about where I buy. Thor customer service has been great every time I called with a "newby" question - example - did you know with the antennae booster on cable is fuzzy haha
Old 01-25-2018, 11:32 PM   #33

Model: Siesta Sprinter 24SV
State: Arkansas
THOR #6932
COACH: 2017 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24SV (rear bath, twin beds)
OWNERS:Senior couple
USAGE: Lots of short 2-3 day trips. A few long road trips. We took a 3 week trip out west with lots of driving in the mountains. Lots of national and state parks. Some dry camping.
MILES: 10000
TOAD: NO
MPG: 15-16
ISSUES AT PICK UP: Repaired by Thor - front door warped (eventually replaced), skylight vibration, hardware items, stove top was crooked (adjusted). When you turn the driver seat around, it pulls the airbag sensor loose. (obviously a design flaw).

We love the handling of this little coach. You can park almost anywhere! Great for those wanting to do a lot of touring, not just go one campground and stay for a week or two. Easy to setup. The coach feels fairly spacious for a small footprint.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:14 AM   #34

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
Coach 2018 Quantum PD31
Owner: myself and girlfriend
Useage: 2 shakedown trips of 1 night each
Miles: less than 1000
Toad: Working on setting up a Jeep Wrangler
Mpg: ?
Issues at pick up: couple of small things

Love the floor plan, hate this thing.... after my second trip out the slide crapped out. Sat at Camping World for 35 days and they didn't even get around to turning it in for warrenty work. Contacted Thor and complained and they offered to have me bring it up to the factory and git fixed. That happened on Monday, was told service department would contact me to set up . Haven't heard a thing. Emailed this morning and no reply. .... I wish I would have went with another dealer and another make. Maybe if I ever get to use it I may change my mind but this is the worst experience I've ever had in my 59 years .
Old 01-27-2018, 01:58 AM   #35

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Loving our Challenger

Coach 2015 Challenger TB
Owner: A pair of retirees
Useage: About 8 months each year, upwards to 3 months dry camping
Miles: 37,000 +
Toad: 2013 Ford Explorer
Mpg: 6.5
Issues at pick up: Lots of ankle biters - no show stoppers

We have lots of grandchildren and enjoy sharing the USA with them. Also, we enjoy getting out of the cold weather and usually (conditions permitting) spend 3 months each year in Key West. Our Army retirement enables us to stay in touch with our extended military family as well.

Still feel like the Challenger is the best bang for the buck in the motorhome market - 1.5 bath, washer/dryer, huge liquid capacities, great basement - hooah!!

PS: we've posted a number of threads about our adventures with faults and repairs but still love our Challenger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Challenger and Explorer.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	8762