Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #14550
Palazzo 36.3 2019 vs 2020

Hi all,

Wife and I are still trying to find the "right" motorhome for us. We love the 33.2 for Floorplans, features and size...not to mention price. But we have been in 2019 and 2020 models of the 36.3, and like several of the features there well enough that we are also considering it. And have a couple of important question for all you 36.3 owners or wannabe owners.

We were just in a 2020 36.3 this past weekend that is actually on a 2020 chassis. We've also been in 2019 36.3 which is on a 2019 chassis. The main, noticeable difference in those two appeared to only be the digital gauges and cleaner dash in the cockpit. The 2020 36.3 that was a 2019 chassis still had the same analog dash as the 2019 model. Confused yet?

There is approximately $20,000 difference in the 36.3 model on the 2019 chassis and the one on the 2020 chassis (digital gauges). My view is, while I love that digital gauge system and the cleaner dash, I struggle with that being worth $20,000 more.

I sent an online inquiry directly to Thor customer service asking for the specific differences, and their reply didn't even mention the digital system.

Have any of you bought the 36.3 on the 2020 chassis with that digital system, or have any of you, like me, done online and/or dealer research into all the model differences? I'd love to hear if there are differences I can't find that might make that $20,000 palatable.

Thanks,

harvnlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
the price difference is also the 'built in' price for a 'new' 2020 versus an 'old' 2019, though either might be 'brand new' on the dealer's lot... our 2014 was at least 10,000 less than the 2015 sitting right next to it on the lot back in August 2014, which is why we chose it over the 'new' model, with very little difference otherwise.

for your basic question, the answer might actually be one from Freightliner, not THOR, as the decision for what 'gauges' the chassis is designed for may be one from the chassis manufacturer, not the RV builder. A 2019 was the 'old' design, and the 2020 is the 'new' design, with the correct wiring and systems to support the 'new' dash, since, after all, FREIGHTLINER is the one warrantying it, not THOR.

Like you, I might initially like the computerized gauges, but I'll give you an example of why I might NOT...

we just purchased a used 2014 Nissan LEAF, all electric, car for our son, who is checking into UAH in Huntsville(Rocket City U.S.A.!) for aerospace engineering, this month. I love driving the 'battery powered' car, and all the 'tech' that comes with it, but one thing I've decided I DON'T really like, is the digital speedometer.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote