Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Weinsberg
State: Europe
THOR #14243
Vegas 27.7 Floorplan

Hi guys,
The option fell on the Vegas because we wanted an option to bring it to Europe later on.
So here is my question. The 27.7 is the longest of the floorplans and must be the heaviest. What are the reserves that you have to load stuff into it.Is it enough or are you approaching the maximum very quick. Sorry for not having the correct word for this but in Europe it is all about this difference espcially if you drive a motorhome that is not alowed to be heavier than 7000lbs.

So how much spare is left after climbing in with two persons, full tank of gas and water?

Thanks for the help
Olaf

Old 05-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
My Vegas 24.1 is anywhere from 12,000 to 13,000 lbs. going down the road. Cargo capacity was 3199 lbs empty on a 14,500 lb chassis. This equates to 11,301 dry weight.

I would guess that 27.7 model is on same e450 chassis and has a heavier dry weight and less cargo capacity.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Yeah these Axis/Vegas units are more than "7000 #". Mine is the 2nd longest one (@ 27 foot) with the E450 chassis. Load up with fuel and water, tools, some personal junk inside and other gear... I comes out around 12500 # with just be (no other passengers). So figure 13000 - 13500# to be safe??

But I have a lot of cago space compared to the 27.7 floor plan (70 cu foot compared to 36 cu foot) and Im about 2/3 full of junk that I may or may not need.

So I could trim about 300 - 500# off of mine if I tried.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote