Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Played with my RV today

Unbelievably we've had 9 days in February above 70 degrees here in St. Louis. With that kind of weather I got the RV out of storage and gave it a through wash, and cleaned the rubber roof with the special roof protectorate. Then spent the next day airing up all tires, dewinterized the coach sanitized and filled the fresh water tank, checked the propane systems on all appliances. Coach is fully prepped for travel. Next decided to check and rewire a few things on my A/V components. I like to use the coach speakers for a surround sound effect so ran audio from the TV to the aux in on the radio. Also installed a blue ray player by running a HDMI cable from it to the TV. I already had "Dish" satellite set up just had to make sure HDMI connections were tight. I like to have lots of options to enjoy ALL my A/V devices.

1. HD over the air TV (King HD antenna with signal strength indicator)
3 TV's

2. Satellite TV (Dish) 3 TV's

3. Blue Ray players 2 TVs

4. DVD player built into 2 TVs and DVD In dash entertainment system.

So basically I'm covered for most situations A/V wise, although I'd really like to get a good Wi-FY system set up, I also want to install a CB radio just to monitor road conditions. I was happy to be able to just play with my electronic toys today instead of being in the shop for repairs. Hopefully now going into my 4th summer of operation all the bugs are gone from the Outlaw!

Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:58 AM   #2
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZip View Post
Unbelievably we've had 9 days in February above 70 degrees here in St. Louis. With that kind of weather I got the RV out of storage and gave it a through wash, and cleaned the rubber roof with the special roof protectorate. Then spent the next day airing up all tires, dewinterized the coach sanitized and filled the fresh water tank, checked the propane systems on all appliances. Coach is fully prepped for travel. Next decided to check and rewire a few things on my A/V components. I like to use the coach speakers for a surround sound effect so ran audio from the TV to the aux in on the radio. Also installed a blue ray player by running a HDMI cable from it to the TV. I already had "Dish" satellite set up just had to make sure HDMI connections were tight. I like to have lots of options to enjoy ALL my A/V devices.

3 TV's

So basically I'm covered for most situations A/V wise, although I'd really like to get a good Wi-FY system set up, I also want to install a CB radio just to monitor road conditions. I was happy to be able to just play with my electronic toys today instead of being in the shop for repairs. Hopefully now going into my 4th summer of operation all the bugs are gone from the Outlaw!
I have the King HD but it doesn't have the strength meter is it a diddicult upgrade? I wish they at least they offered it as an option.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I have the King HD but it doesn't have the strength meter is it a diddicult upgrade? I wish they at least they offered it as an option.
I inquired about just purchasing the strength meter that is built into the handle since I already have the King Jack. I was told that you have to purchase the entire system. Apparently they don't sell them separately or as an upgrade. About $116 at Camping World.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:

3 TV's

Which roof protectorate did you use? I'm in central Illinois and this weather makes you real itchy about getting RV ready to go, although still cautious with adding water.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
EV2

Model: Tiburon
State: Arizona
THOR #1264
Dewinterized? Don't you have the potential for sub-30 weather in March?
Old 02-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #6

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #5584
I'm curious to know how you ran the HDMI cable from the radio to the TV. I'd love to do that, but the task seems daunting.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:03 AM   #7

Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Ran the HDMI from both Blu Ray and Satellite Receiver to TV. Multi HDMI inputs in back of TV, then ran an audio cable (RCA Plug) from TV to aux input jack on radio. Now the TV will play through the coach speakers.
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:02 AM   #8

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Quote:
Ran the HDMI from both Blu Ray and Satellite Receiver to TV. Multi HDMI inputs in back of TV, then ran an audio cable (RCA Plug) from TV to aux input jack on radio. Now the TV will play through the coach speakers.
I think he is asking how you routed the audio cable from the tv to the dash mounted radio. I too have thought about it but finding a path seems difficult.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #9

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
When I put my CB in I installed a stick on antenna.. it did not work well. I took it to ashop that installs radio stuff for taxis and police, they put a good external antena on. I get a couple miles range.. trucker don't talk like they used to Smokey and the Bandit days.. and rarley answer my calls out, but it has come in handy a couple times, and I am in places with no cell service so that was the main reason to get it, to hail a passing trucker if needed. I also use it to tell them when it is safe to pass me on roads that are 2 lane. They rarley respond, but again, they hate "campers" on the road..
Old 03-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #10

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #5584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
I think he is asking how you routed the audio cable from the tv to the dash mounted radio. I too have thought about it but finding a path seems difficult.
Yes, this. I didn't state it clearly. From the TV over to the door to under the dash; there doesn't seem to be a clear path.