Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2017, 04:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Vegas 25.2 and 25.3 Generator Exhaust Locations

I'm looking at both the 25.2 and 25.3 as the most likely coach I will purchase (along with a Forest River class C).

Maybe it's just being new to RVing (this will be our first coach), but I was surprised that in both floor plans that the generator exchaust is very close to the bed slide. In the 25.2, it comes out the back bumper angling 45* away from the slide, but very close. In the 25.3, it's only a few feet from the slide and angled towards the slide.

I know there is a lot of varying opinions on running a generator while sleeping (I know my sister does if needed on their Tiffen 40 footer), but whether at night or during the day, I was just a bit surprised by the exhaust locations being so close to the slides.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:31 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Doubt that would be a problem. We have run our generator a number of times at night when we didn't have a plug in, our exhaust comes out on the left rear corner right below our slide.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I recall a while back someone complained about smoke alarm going off when generator ran, and suggested exhaust got in under slide. I don't recall details. A forum search may yield results -- I'm not very lucky finding old posts.

Generator exhaust pipes are short and therefore can't be routed too far away from generator location. Why they install generators near slides which concentrates more weight in one area is another question I've wondered about.

If it's a major concern, there are Venturi attachments that can be installed (while parked) that discharge exhaust above roof elevation. These are required at football games we tailgate at to keep exhaust from bothering other people in the area. They also cut down on noise a little.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #4

State: Alabama
THOR #6466
I've never had a problem with the smoke alarm and never smelled exhaust inside the rear slide on my 25.2.