Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Missouri
THOR #7949
Playmaker DISH SAT RECEIVER AND 2018 ACE 30.4

Does anybody know If you can use the outside cable hook up on the coach to use your player maker Dish receiver ? I have run thru all the steps and it does the check switch fine and when it goes to acquiring signal it never loads. I do have some trees that might be in my path but usually u get a message saying blocked view. Not even hearing the motor turning in the dish looking for a signal. Most rv's I have seen have a cable and a sat plug on the outside. ..not on this unit.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:50 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
That cable runs through a splitter inside the rv. It won't work. You need a direct connection to the dish from the receiver.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #3

THOR #7949
Think I am going to sell the wally and playmaker and go with the wind guard in motion. No way to come inside the coach with even a flat cable thru the window.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
And that's going to solve your problem how.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:45 PM   #5

THOR #7949
If you go with an in motion system won't they install the necessary cables to make it work?
Old 06-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #6

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
You can modify the splitter inside the tv cabinet to work. Very simple. I had the same problem with mine. I ran a temporary cable from outside through the door and my Tailgater worked. Search the Internet and found the mod. Just requires a jumper wire. I will try to find the article.
Here it is
http://www.tv4rv.com/wiring.pdf
Old 06-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #7

THOR #7949
Thanks
Old 06-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
mrw

Model: A.C.E. 29.3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4502
Use a jumper wire at connection. One USB is for interior TV the othef USB is for outside TV. Easy done
Old 06-26-2017, 07:10 PM   #9

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
You can modify the splitter inside the tv cabinet to work. Very simple. I had the same problem with mine. I ran a temporary cable from outside through the door and my Tailgater worked. Search the Internet and found the mod. Just requires a jumper wire. I will try to find the article.
Here it is
http://www.tv4rv.com/wiring.pdf
I guess I'm a little slow but I'm confused as to how this mod is going to work with a satellite input or the normal cable tv input. I assume that I would have 3 outputs in place of the one bedroom output. I have a 2017 THOR axis with 3 TV's. If I understand correctly the mod allows me to either use a satellite input to all TV's or feed them from the normal cable input on the exterior of the coach. I just don't understand how.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:02 AM   #10

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by billburt View Post
I guess I'm a little slow but I'm confused as to how this mod is going to work with a satellite input or the normal cable tv input. I assume that I would have 3 outputs in place of the one bedroom output. I have a 2017 THOR axis with 3 TV's. If I understand correctly the mod allows me to either use a satellite input to all TV's or feed them from the normal cable input on the exterior of the coach. I just don't understand how.
Uncertain here also but if the mod works I'm guessing that each TV would also need a Dish or DirecTv control/decoder box?

2018 Hurricane 31S (sold)
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:33 AM   #11

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
If you want to watch different channels on each tv, you will need a dish box for each one. My tailgater will only accommodate 2 boxes. I have mine set up so we can watch satellite from all 3 TVs and the remote works from anywhere inside and outside. I have a dual hdmi splitter for the main tv and outside with a wireless set up for the bedroom. Works great.