Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 28z
State: Idaho
THOR #1797
Mine is on 450 if you have the light on when you plug in the switch should be on and the house batterys should charge as I only plug in my rig about once a month for a week for the winter or so it works use a volt meter to check. the chassis battery is another story it does not charge on shore I hook a charger a couple of times a winter to bring it to full charge. Not worth my time to figure it out just charge it. I keep in a unheated shed and this is north Idaho.

I have a dodge 2002 2500 4wd that has the same 2 batterys that came with it only use it rarely now for snow drifts ect. It sets outside temps. down to 30 below and still starts. There is no name on the batterys may have to research doge if they go bad

Old 11-24-2019, 12:32 AM   #22

Model: Freedom elite 26HE
State: Wisconsin
THOR #17018
Plugged in not charging

I have had similar problem. My 17 Freedom Elite has been plugged in last two weeks and when I went out to move it today, battery acts dead. Monitor says it is good, no breakers or fuses bad,but radio doesn’t come on, no back up camera etc. will start troubleshooting further tomorrow but looking for suggestions.

Kevin
Ready to retire in 55 days😁
Old 11-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #23

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #13067
We once had an RV that had a big sticker by the switch to turn it on before plugging into shore power and turn it off after unplugging. So we've just gotten into the habit, open the door, turn it on. Turn it off as you walk out after putting it to bed. We have no issues that way.
BYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #24

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Florida
THOR #13282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydivemark View Post
Same here - no light.
No light on the Axis 25.3 either, just a spring loaded toggle switch...
Old 01-24-2020, 12:26 PM   #25
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
Use/store and starter battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
anytime you are plugged in, especially to 'charge' the batteries, the Use/Store switch must, obviously, be in the USE position.
I have an Axis 27.7 and it happened once while plugged in for a week at a site with the use switch in the on position, mine has a light to show it's on, when I went to leave, the starter battery was dead and I had to "boost" it with the dash switch. Comparably, I have it stored in an inside unheated area, it's plugged into 120v, I accidentally left the switch in the on/use position and about a week later it wouldn't start. Dash switch to the rescue again. It sits in my driveway unplugged for weeks and starts every time. Why would the starter battery be going dead when plugged in and the other 2 batteries don't?: