Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31s
State: Florida
THOR #10628
Thor is as good or bad as all of them. Bought it January, 2018 Hurricane 31s. My warranty will be up soon. We have used it about 90 days, the rest of the time it was at the dealer. How do windshield wipers fall off? TWICE!!😠

Old 11-06-2018, 09:45 PM   #42

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2&adog View Post
How do windshield wipers fall off? TWICE!!😠
I think they do it on purpose.... to keep us guessing and keep interest in the products provided. LOL.

How boring would that be If nothing ever went wrong with a camping trip?

"Yeah we arrived on time, I got 55 mpg on the way down, no traffic, No wind, everything worked on the RV, we had so much extra time on our hands we just sat around and fell a sleep before dark each night". LOL.

VS.

"It was awesome, we arrive late and set up camp in the dark, had to fix the heater since it was cold, Got up early and a bear ate our camping chair, Meet some cool people and helped them with thier RV, had some laughs, went to bed late....It was great". LOL.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #43

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
glass only half full, hunh?
Old 11-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #44
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Ah but what is the better story?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #45

State: Arizona
THOR #11094
I have a 2015 Thor Windsport. The first year was a challenge. Many things broke. But I have to say I think we have the bugs worked out. The worst problem we have is the service work. All we have is Camping World and they don’t even sell Thor motor homes. We enjoy our Thor now. I love the layout.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:35 AM   #46

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2&adog View Post
Thor is as good or bad as all of them. Bought it January, 2018 Hurricane 31s. My warranty will be up soon. We have used it about 90 days, the rest of the time it was at the dealer. How do windshield wipers fall off? TWICE!![emoji34]
Mine did too, twice. There is a recall on this though. Course the nuts show a lot a rust somehow. It doesn't rain as much as the rust shows. Use the 'Rain ex' to keep from using the wipers.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #47

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Indiana
THOR #10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolroom View Post
2018 Thor Compass TB owner. We love the design of our coach and the Ford Transit diesel chassis, we get compliments and questions about it everywhere we go. We have had our share of minor problems, which are to be expected, but I'm a do it yourself kind of guy don't mind doing quick repairs.

Currently we have a major problem and I am awaiting a decision from Thor Motor Coach on whether or not they will repair it under warranty. The plywood subfloor has begun to buckle from water intrusion, a problem we did not catch until about two months ago because it started under the sofa and was out of sight until then. I went back to the dealer I purchased the MH from and a technician was able to track the leak down to an improperly installed window. Water was coming in the top exterior of the window frame and running out the bottom interior then down the wall behind the sofa. Behind the sofa we found soaking wet rotting plywood and black mold. I now have duct tape on top of my window frame which has stopped the water intrusion but the area being damaged by water is still growing. I'm about an hour from the factory service center and repair of my floor, but I must wait for a decision from Thor.

So I guess I'll withhold a decision on how happy I am with my Thor Motor Coach until I see whether they will step up and repair a factory defect and how long it takes to do so.
We got a call today from Thor, they apologized for the problem we are experiencing and agreed to repair the damage even though our MH is no longer under warranty. Waiting for repair facility to call and tell me when to bring it in. I will update after repair is done.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:19 AM   #48

Model: Venetian M37
State: Texas
THOR #10920
Glad you had such good response regarding Thor created quality problem. Mine have not gone so well. Maybe it's from what they are witnessing from such forums as this. The word gets around.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:08 AM   #49

Model: Compass 23TB
State: Indiana
THOR #10682
The people I spoke with were all very courteous and understanding. I received a callback and was told to bring my MH in this coming Monday Nov. 26 and they would get it done ASAP.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:50 AM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
We had a Thor product...Now We do not....
AVOID CAMPING WORLD LIKE A DOSE OF ...ya that....
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:39 AM   #51
LDK

Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Purchased a 2019 Aria 3901 this month. Just completed a 5 day shakeout camping trip. My summary observations thus far:

The Good:
* we bought the Aria 3901 because of the layout and cost. After completion of our first trip we love the layout even more
* the Diesel, air suspension, air brakes make for a comfortable ride. I am soooo glad we spent the extra cash and got the diesel pusher
* I feel that Camping World (CW) Golden CO cares about us. That they want to do the right thing.

The Not So Good:
* the lengthy warranty issues list is just crazy. Feels like much more than what I read on the forums. Fortunately, most issues are minor.
* Thor did not approve many warranty items. It appears because Thor expected CW to document/submit these issues when they initially took possession. Fortunately, the CW GM gave me written assurances that between Thor/CW the issues would be addressed. That was great to see!

Related to the lengthy warranty issues list. I performed a very detailed walkthrough before purchase and during the shakeout trip, versus I have a feeling most find issues throughout the first year. The goal being to find and fix as much as possible before retiring at the end of the year, and hitting the road for 4-5 months in January.

Assuming the warranty items do get addressed, I feel we got a very nice coach for the money spent!
Old 11-28-2018, 02:52 AM   #52

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Congrats on the new purchase. I bought a 2018 Siesta 24SS diesel Mercedes Benz chassis back in March of this year. I traded in my 2016 Winnebago ERA. The THOR product has been great compared to my experiences with the Winnebago. My new dealership has also been great compared to my old dealership (Mike Thompson RV). Thor has supplied me with a few minor parts to fix a few minor issues with no questions asked. My dealership has repaired a couple of issues once again with no questions. For some reason my new coach did not come with a battery boost switch like the Winnebago had so I am having one installed in Jan 2019. I had the Equalizer Hydraulic Leveling System installed and will be testing it out in mid Dec. 2018. I would recommend THOR to anyone at this point.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:20 AM   #53

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Purchased a 2019 Aria 3901 this month. Just completed a 5 day shakeout camping trip. My summary observations thus far:

The Good:
* we bought the Aria 3901 because of the layout and cost. After completion of our first trip we love the layout even more
* the Diesel, air suspension, air brakes make for a comfortable ride. I am soooo glad we spent the extra cash and got the diesel pusher
* I feel that Camping World (CW) Golden CO cares about us. That they want to do the right thing.

The Not So Good:
* the lengthy warranty issues list is just crazy. Feels like much more than what I read on the forums. Fortunately, most issues are minor.
* Thor did not approve many warranty items. It appears because Thor expected CW to document/submit these issues when they initially took possession. Fortunately, the CW GM gave me written assurances that between Thor/CW the issues would be addressed. That was great to see!

Related to the lengthy warranty issues list. I performed a very detailed walkthrough before purchase and during the shakeout trip, versus I have a feeling most find issues throughout the first year. The goal being to find and fix as much as possible before retiring at the end of the year, and hitting the road for 4-5 months in January.

Assuming the warranty items do get addressed, I feel we got a very nice coach for the money spent!
Congrats on the new Aria, we love ours. Keep us informed.
Mike
Old 11-28-2018, 01:00 PM   #54

Model: windsport hurricane 34f
State: Tennessee
THOR #9067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debilou View Post
When you're using the water pump, it's pretty noisy and right under the bed....so if any of us get up to use water, it startles us and wakes us up....we have 2018 Windsport 35m and are new to Thor ownership. Anyone else notice this? Why would they out it under a bed? Our local RV Cummins guy got it a little quieter, saying it wasn't properly installed, but, still why under the bed?
Debilou.its under the bed because thats where the fresh water tank is.the fresh tank is inside the coach so there is less chance of freezing.when im not boondocking i keep the pump off and just use the campsites water pressure.you can also lift the pump up off the floor and mount it to a piece of rubber to quiet it down
Old 11-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #55

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonost View Post
Hello I found this group after reading about other owners horror stories about owning various RVs and in particular Thor. I currently own a 2005 jayco seneca which I bought used and I'm no stranger to things breaking and I also accept that thing are going to break over time but what worries me is that thor isn't at the top of the list for quality. I'm pretty stuck on buying a thor Venetian s40, it has the perfect floorplan for me and I wanted the bigger engine which it has. I guess what I'm asking is if there are a lot of people on here who regret buying a thor? Thanks for any input.
Last year RV industry sold over half million new RVs. I’ve seen a few hundred complaints. I don’t think happy customers brag
Old 11-28-2018, 02:02 PM   #56

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Very well said 2019 challenger just over 2 months full time very satisfied!
Old 11-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #57

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debilou View Post
When you're using the water pump, it's pretty noisy and right under the bed....so if any of us get up to use water, it startles us and wakes us up....we have 2018 Windsport 35m and are new to Thor ownership. Anyone else notice this? Why would they out it under a bed? Our local RV Cummins guy got it a little quieter, saying it wasn't properly installed, but, still why under the bed?
Yep, I had the same problem. I did a few thing to help it but it is still a little noisy.

Do a search on this subject - Several treads talking about it.

I installed an Accumulator Tank (my pump was on and off constantly - even with steady water flow out of the sink - problem solved now) and flexable water lines in and out of the water pump (to isolate vibrations) along with rubber insulation under the pump and finished it off with water line insulation to absorb any other sounds.

They worked great - but its not silent.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #58

Model: Outlaw 38 RE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3657
Buying a new RV will always include a punch list. No different than buying a new home. Took me about a year to work thru some problems with my 2016 Thor Outkaw 38RE. Now that it’s better than new with some great upgrades 1) Steering Assist 2) Satellite Dish 3) Hand Made black walnut tables and pedestal mount. 4) FatMat engine soundproofing 5) TPMS 6) New front tires I am ready to sell it. RVT.com. Check it out. Great Rig kept indoors. Don’t underestimate that!
Old 12-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #59

Model: Synergy SP24
State: New York
THOR #11543
I had a Jayco Greyhawk that was top-notch quality. Yet, friends of mine had the opposite opinion/experience. I had a Forest River D335 that leaked like a sieve even when they fixed it 2 times. My current Thor Synergy had issues, but it was due to the components such as the slide motor, GPS, radio, and the electronic cables for the TV/DVD. Therefore, in my opinion, the manufacturer will contribute just so much to your happiness.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:18 PM   #60

Model: Synergy SP24
State: New York
THOR #11543
Coincidentally, just this morning, I spoke with Nate Williams, Technical Consultant at Thor, in regards to a house radio issue I am having. After a few minutes, Nate's solution was simple, fast, effective and customer oriented- WE WILL REPLACE IT!
NO PROBLEM.

Now, that is what I call SERVICE. It is great that a manufacturer appreciates a customer. Kudos to Nate!