Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #6007
Probably ordering ACE 29.3 today..advice on add ons

Likely I will pull the trigger and order a 2018 ACE 29.3 today...for delivery about July 1....as part of final negotiations I am hoping to add a good quality inverter setup/system with upgraded batteries... I also want an alignment.

What else should I be thinking about to have installed before delivery...for example stabilizer bar, Aussie Grill (no longer standard) and ????

Suggestions would be appreciated...Specifics on the inverter etc specs would be helpful. We will be hitting the road for a two month trip right after taking delivery (w two days at dealer for initial shakedown)...thanks

Old 04-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #2

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
Likely I will pull the trigger and order a 2018 ACE 29.3 today...for delivery about July 1....as part of final negotiations I am hoping to add a good quality inverter setup/system with upgraded batteries... I also want an alignment.

What else should I be thinking about to have installed before delivery...for example stabilizer bar, Aussie Grill (no longer standard) and ????

Suggestions would be appreciated...Specifics on the inverter etc specs would be helpful. We will be hitting the road for a two month trip right after taking delivery (w two days at dealer for initial shakedown)...thanks
Congrats on the purchase. We ordered our 29.3 last year in May and had it by 7/20. The factory has the week of July 4th off and we were sweating that, but it was done before then. It takes a week or so to get in the delivery pipeline from what our experience was.

We deleted the outside kitchen (wanted the storage space instead) and I found that deleted the inverter. So I will be adding one. With the outside kitchen, they include a 1KW Inverter for the outside fridge. It probably runs some outlets as well. Thought I would mention that in case you were doing the same.

From the factory, there were not too many options. Most everything was standard. They upgraded the A/C to the larger unit (something you would want) and I think the 2nd coach battery was included now too. You might check that though.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:44 AM   #3

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
Alignment...

[QUOTE=David1912;62149]Likely I will pull the trigger and order a 2018 ACE 29.3 today...for delivery about July 1....as part of final negotiations I am hoping to add a good quality inverter setup/system with upgraded batteries... I also want an alignment.

I forgot about the alignment issue. I need to get one on my chassis as the steering wheel is a bit crooked going down the road. So I was just reading the chassis warranty and on page 14 it says:

--Wheel alignments and tire balancing will be provided during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles in service. Whichever comes first.

I happen to have a brake issue (noisy in rain) and I see they cover brake pads for 12 months or 18,000 miles.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:47 PM   #4

State: Florida
THOR #6007
Thanks so much for the info....ours is on order for delivery around July 10. We would really been happy to delete the kitchen too but the discount was only going to be $375 so we decided to get it. I didn't realize a 1000 watt inverter got included with the kitchen...at the momemt we are thinking of getting a 2000 watt inverter...price of install (me supplying parts) included in our deal...also an alignment...we arenhavingna Safet Plus stabilizer bar installed prior to the alignmeent....appreciate your help
Old 04-17-2017, 03:00 AM   #5

State: Alaska
THOR #6077
You'll come to love the outside kitchen. We bought our 29.3 off the lot the end of October, 2016, and have already spent 47 nights in it! I would have *never* ordered the kitchen, but it turns out to be very useful and I'm still amazed at how much storage we still have to fill! We "downsized" from a 30 foot fifth wheel to the 29.3 and find it easier to live in than the trailer. I do miss my living room and the "carport" (under the cabover where you can put stuff quickly to get out of the rain.