Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2020, 05:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 28Z
State: Oregon
THOR #18346
Question:

What is the T-handle located under the passenger side near the entry door for? It's labeled "2"...It's a 2019 28Z Thor Four-Winds

Ratfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #2

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratfink View Post
What is the T-handle located under the passenger side near the entry door for? It's labeled "2"...It's a 2019 28Z Thor Four-Winds

Mine is for the wheel covers. A pic would help.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:37 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
It is the shut off valve for the black tank..... most likely. That is where it was on my 2018 Outlaw 29H.

I left that valve closed until shutting off the black tank until I was ready to drain it because the drain pipe ran under the drive shaft to the other side of the coach were the hose hook-up is located. If you leave that valve open while driving and ever catch the drain pipe on anything in the road and it rips off, your black tank would drain all over the road.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:05 PM   #4

Model: 28Z
State: Oregon
THOR #18346
Thanks Judge! Good intel, I'll leave it closed until I dump.

Ratfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:55 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Illinois
THOR #20269
Black tank shut off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratfink View Post
I've got the 2020 Chateau version. Same thing. Second black tank valve behind the entry door. I keep it closed (otherwise, the sewer pipe under the rig will fill up) until ready to dump. I open the main outlet valve first and then the secondary valve. Works perfectly.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:56 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbatschke@gmail.com View Post
I've got the 2020 Chateau version. Same thing. Second black tank valve behind the entry door. I keep it closed (otherwise, the sewer pipe under the rig will fill up) until ready to dump. I open the main outlet valve first and then the secondary valve. Works perfectly.

Not only will the pipe fill up it’s apt to clog if you leave the curbside valve open. The “solids” can settle in that confined space and back up against the dump valve leaving you with a clog you’d rather not have.