Originally Posted by BSexton
We just picked up our new Axis 25.2. This is our first RV that has a "folding" bed (our last RV had 2 twins--similar to the 24.1) and I have a couple of questions.
1. The mattress seems to slide all over the place on the platform. What do people do to keep it in place?
2. We are planning on getting a mattress topper (nice latex memory foam that we have on all of the beds). The brand we purchase even has a short queen version. So, how well does that work with the folding bed? Do you have to anything special to keep it in place?
3. How the heck to you keep the bed made up when you fold it? Inquiring minds want to know.
4. Did you buy short queen sheets, or simply buy the regular sheets and tuck the excess?
Welcome to the forum! Now, take a deep breath and relax. None of this has to be a big deal. Here's my take on your questions, based on my experience with our 25.2.
1. Did you take the plastic wrapping off the mattress? That plastic will make it slippery. If you still have a problem, try some of that rubbery stuff for under rugs, or rubbery shelf liner under the mattress.
2. We use a foam topper that came with an elastic edge that goes over the mattress like a fitted bottom sheet. Your fitted sheet should hold that topper where it belongs. Still, our topper works toward the bottom of the bed, and must be re-positioned when we change the sheets.
3. With the topper in place, the mattress won't fold flat. Retracting the bed was a two person job until I attached an eye screw to each side and now a bungee holds the bed up until we are ready to unfold it.
4. We use standard queen sheets, and they don't fit tight, just tuck in at one end, the bottom. I expect not having those sheets tight would bother some people. (Insert serenity prayer here)
+We stored the OE bedspread and pillow covers. The replacement is sturdier, isn't slick like the original and we like the style better.