Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2020, 02:16 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Rattle noise in loft? An wierd cause, easy fix.

I have to share this. I was reading about a rattle noise, loose, windows, loft windshield and such in this forum and wondering if I was having the same issue on my Magnitude XG32. It happened only when on the move.

While rolling my wife went to the loft, listened at every window, and could not find it. She thought maybe it was coming from the dash and got out of her seat belt and stuck her head over the dash and said, it's coming from the rear view camera. So she started fussing with the menu and found a speaker volume. She found that the volume control was on and turned up. So she turned it all the way down, and the rattle went away.

The rear camera has a mic, probably so someone can guide you in. But when rolling it gets buffeted and makes a rattle sound. Maybe this is something you've noticed too? Worth a mention for everyone with a rear view camera.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
I have to share this. I was reading about a rattle noise, loose, windows, loft windshield and such in this forum and wondering if I was having the same issue on my Magnitude XG32. It happened only when on the move.

While rolling my wife went to the loft, listened at every window, and could not find it. She thought maybe it was coming from the dash and got out of her seat belt and stuck her head over the dash and said, it's coming from the rear view camera. So she started fussing with the menu and found a speaker volume. She found that the volume control was on and turned up. So she turned it all the way down, and the rattle went away.

The rear camera has a mic, probably so someone can guide you in. But when rolling it gets buffeted and makes a rattle sound. Maybe this is something you've noticed too? Worth a mention for everyone with a rear view camera.
I did catch that with my SV34 early on. The rear camera has a built-in mic. I can't remember but but I think there is an option for adjusting the volume so you only hear it when backing up.

This can be useful if you have the DW standing behind the coach while you are backing up to let you know you are about back over something.... or her.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #3

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
THOR #15943
Not to hijack the thread, but we use a pair of Cobra walkie-talkies for backing into our storage unit-the camera microphone just isn't consistent enough to trust.
GVP
Old 09-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVP-The Boxcar Children View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but we use a pair of Cobra walkie-talkies for backing into our storage unit-the camera microphone just isn't consistent enough to trust.
GVP
We have those too. I rarely need the wife behind me watching me backup but I found the easiest way is to use cell phones given the speaker phone in the cab.... assuming you have cell coverage.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It's getting close to Halloween: I was guessing that it was a Ghost or two...
Glad that you were able to exorcise them!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #6

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
There is an option in the menu on the the rearview camera, to have the microphone only work in reverse.

On the window rattle for the windows over the dinette in the XG32, there is a fix a new window design. I am taking mine in today and dropping it off to have them installed.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:54 PM   #7

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
There is an option in the menu on the the rearview camera, to have the microphone only work in reverse.

On the window rattle for the windows over the dinette in the XG32, there is a fix a new window design. I am taking mine in today and dropping it off to have them installed.
Do you think my 2021 has that new windows design?
Old 09-21-2020, 04:58 PM   #8

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
Do you think my 2021 has that new windows design?
I saw what the new window design looks like by looking up a 2021, so I would think yours would have it.