Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: California
THOR #17843
Recall 20V-498 - Firefly G9 Control Circuit Board

FYI...
12/18/20 the dealer installed the new circuit board for the Firefly recall.
When we got home we noticed when we turn off the main power disconnect the touchscreen and lights remained on. The LP detector powers off. We did some more trouble shooting:

With the Main power disconnect turned off:
Touch screen is powered on and will operate
lights will operate
water pump will operate

What will not come on with the power disconnect off:
furnace
bed slide
dinette slide
Bed up/down
LP detector
fridge

Now we have a 0.3 amp drain at dark or if the solar is disconnected. Waiting to hear back from the dealer.

Sumitoma ST918
Renogy 160W solar
Timondirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
bed slide
dinette slide
Bed up/down

don't you need to have engine on for those to work? We do in our Hurricane.

Just picked up our rig yesterday after they upgraded our firefly, I did have to turn the inverter off and on for frig to kick in.

Going go check heater now!
Old 12-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #3

THOR #17843
The point is with the power disconnect turned off, nothing should work in the coach (complete battery disconnect of house batteries). On ours we can not operate slides with the engine running. But engine has to run to operate levelers.
Sumitoma ST918
Renogy 160W solar
Old 01-03-2021, 09:53 PM   #4

THOR #17843
update

Spoke to Firefly integrations. pulled the bed access where most of the electronics are. After studying for a while, I determined that the dealer abandoned the correct wire from the load side of the battery disconnect relay. Then put a new wire on the Power side (always Hot) side of the relay. Why, I do not know ,as it would be more work. I rewired as it was originally and now it works properly, and as it did before the recall work. I would be embarrassed if that came out of my shop. I have emails into the dealer before Xmas, maybe he was off. No reply yet.
Sumitoma ST918
Renogy 160W solar
Old 01-03-2021, 10:17 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
That is par for the course for most dealers these days.

I had to have my G7a mainboard replaced because the control of my A/C units was erratic. They also decided to replace the display unit even though that was working fine. I tested it at the dealer before leaving and it worked fine. When I got home and it was getting dark, I went to turn on the lights and nothing happened.

I figured they didn't pair the multiplex switches with the new display unit. I tried pairing the switches, which is an easy process but it would not work. Called FireFly the next day and they determined I had a bad display unit. I had to call Thor and have them ship me a new one.

The dealer would have determined this had they even tried to pair the multiplex switches with the new display but they obviously didn't. Took a few days to get from Thor and 5 minutes to swap it out.
Old 09-20-2022, 11:02 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #16533
Control Module - covered by Compass I surance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
That is par for the course for most dealers these days.

I had to have my G7a mainboard replaced because the control of my A/C units was erratic. They also decided to replace the display unit even though that was working fine. I tested it at the dealer before leaving and it worked fine. When I got home and it was getting dark, I went to turn on the lights and nothing happened.

I figured they didn't pair the multiplex switches with the new display unit. I tried pairing the switches, which is an easy process but it would not work. Called FireFly the next day and they determined I had a bad display unit. I had to call Thor and have them ship me a new one.

The dealer would have determined this had they even tried to pair the multiplex switches with the new display but they obviously didn't. Took a few days to get from Thor and 5 minutes to swap it out.
Hello. I am 99% sure I have a problem with the control module circuit board (multiple issues - slide outs, ceiling lights). Does anyone know if the control module is covered under Compass?