Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo21793 View Post
Did the new recliners stay the same height while sitting?
It feels like the seat height is a bit taller than the sleeper sofa we took out. In our 32n the seats are mounted on the floor, not the slide, and the seating position was very uncomfortable. The recliners are much better than the old sofa even when sitting upright. Money well spent!

Old 03-25-2018, 01:34 AM   #42

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich&Cathy View Post
These are Rec pro with center console right at 67-68". We have Ace 29.3Attachment 8872
Rich, what did you do about the heating ducts?
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:35 AM   #43

Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
Rich, what did you do about the heating ducts?
Left one flush with cabinet and stretched the other just about halfway and let it lay there. Lol
Old 03-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #44

THOR #1620
Our recliner couch is enroute for delivery next friday!
Old 04-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #45

Model: Ace 29.3
THOR #6522
Quote:
Our recliner couch is enroute for delivery next friday!
Nice you'll love them
Old 04-09-2018, 10:22 PM   #46

THOR #1620
Ok, I received my couch from shop4seats.com. This hasnt been the best experience for a couch that cost almost $1600 with shipping. I attempted to install them as they come as 2 recliners and the middle piece is separate. There is a bracket on on the side of the recliner and the middle piece that you just simply slide the bracket that has pins on it into the bracket that has slots. Simple enough, till I put the second recliner on and it stuck out 2" in front of the others and the back wouldnt set flush on the floor. On further inspection the bracket on the middle piece had slots that were on 12" centers and the bracket on the recliner had pins that were on 10" centers, obviously they wont fit together, I spent 3 days communication and sending photos and have yet to hear what they intend to do about it. After not hearing from them today, I opted to remove the brackets and mount the seat to the floor and bolt it down. So everything seems good now right? Wrong, the foot rest on one of the recliners wont come out, you have to grab it and jerk it out. I was able to make an adjustment to the footrest linkage but the point is after paying $1600 a person shouldnt have to do any of this. My recommendation is do not order from shop4 seats.com.

Oh, and what they use for spacers and hex nuts.
In the second picture, that is how far the front of the recliner set out. Obviously there is no quality control or testing before they ship.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2566.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	9651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2557.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	9652  

Old 04-09-2018, 10:30 PM   #47

THOR #1620
Now, on to the install. After getting them set in the right position and adjusting the footrest so it will come out the finish product is nice. I like several others have the issue of heater vents. What I did was build a box behind the couch that is 5" wide and about 9" tall, I put holes for both vents into the box then installed (3) 2x10" vents in the top of the box, I also added the 2 plastic vents from the hoses on each end facing out. After having doing some camping in the cold having the heat come up from behind the couch will be a little more comfortable to stop that freeze on the back of your head.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2569.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	9653   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2574.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	9654  

Old 04-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #48

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting, Shop4Seats where we picked up our recliner sofa from claims to make their furniture:
About Us
Parent company looks to be Seatcraft.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #49

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
We did the swap of the couch in our ACE 30.1 with a RecPro Charles 67" recliner last week. Original plan was to extend the slide a bit with a 3x3 but there wasn't enough meat in the slide to support any weight on the extension. We ended up removing the rubber strip on the face of the slide and installing a 1x3. Thor also cut a notch in the forward side of the slide to clear the facia. Its was a raw, and rather poorly done cut. So we covered that with a little more 1x3. Still need to paint or stain the wood. DW is still considering what color. I'm good with dark brown or black paint.

We moved the front feet of each recliner back a couple of holes so they would sit on the slide. The front feet on the center console just hang over the facing wood. I could move them, but that would mean pulling the recliner.

I tied the recliners to the slide floor by drilling a couple of holes in the rear frame member and reused the lag screws from the couch. I drilled pilot holes for the screws so I could get them in with a socket wrench. We have metal plates over the slide rollers, so I had to avoid them, which didn't give me a lot of options for the hold down screw locations.

The detour with the 3x3's cost us a couple hours so I think the overall install would have been done in 3-4 hours.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4682.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	9657   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4684.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	9658  

Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #50

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Finally removed our sofa and replaced with recliners from Etrailer.

Name:	IMG_0976.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	9682
Old 04-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #51

THOR #1620
Quote:
Ok, I received my couch from shop4seats.com. This hasnt been the best experience for a couch that cost almost $1600 with shipping. I attempted to install them as they come as 2 recliners and the middle piece is separate. There is a bracket on on the side of the recliner and the middle piece that you just simply slide the bracket that has pins on it into the bracket that has slots. Simple enough, till I put the second recliner on and it stuck out 2" in front of the others and the back wouldnt set flush on the floor. On further inspection the bracket on the middle piece had slots that were on 12" centers and the bracket on the recliner had pins that were on 10" centers, obviously they wont fit together, I spent 3 days communication and sending photos and have yet to hear what they intend to do about it. After not hearing from them today, I opted to remove the brackets and mount the seat to the floor and bolt it down. So everything seems good now right? Wrong, the foot rest on one of the recliners wont come out, you have to grab it and jerk it out. I was able to make an adjustment to the footrest linkage but the point is after paying $1600 a person shouldnt have to do any of this. My recommendation is do not order from shop4 seats.com.

Oh, and what they use for spacers and hex nuts.
In the second picture, that is how far the front of the recliner set out. Obviously there is no quality control or testing before they ship.
STILL waiting for a response from Shop4seats! Customer service appears to be nonexistent
Old 04-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #52

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Quote:
STILL waiting for a response from Shop4seats! Customer service appears to be nonexistent
Our experience with RecPro was totally opposite. One side of our recliners broke in use and RecPro shipped a whole new chair. No questions ask - no pictures. And about half the purchase price. Very happy with our recliners and RecPro support.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #53

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Our experience with RecPro was totally opposite. One side of our recliners broke in use and RecPro shipped a whole new chair. No questions ask - no pictures. And about half the purchase price. Very happy with our recliners and RecPro support.
That is the type of service I hoped for, especially since shop4seats is almost double the price of the Recpro
Old 04-16-2018, 02:50 PM   #54

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
How have to reached out to shop4seats?? Phone email??? When i went to their shop they had lots of people working and were very helpful

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #55

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
How have to reached out to shop4seats?? Phone email??? When i went to their shop they had lots of people working and were very helpful

Jerry
Initially called them the day I received and told them the issue. After that they contacted me by email asking for pictures. Last I heard from them was a week ago and they said they would be in contact in 24-48 hours
Old 05-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #56

THOR #1620
Quote:
Initially called them the day I received and told them the issue. After that they contacted me by email asking for pictures. Last I heard from them was a week ago and they said they would be in contact in 24-48 hours
Finally received the brackets today to fix the seats, funny thing is they sent me hold down brackets which they never sent with the couch. This is almost a month after receiving the couch and MANY emails. But, at least I finally got what I paid for but now I have 10 weeks of waiting invested over 6
Old 05-29-2018, 01:32 AM   #57

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
We put the Monaco Double Recliners in our Axis from Shop4seats as that was the only recliner couch that also kept the center seating position that I could find. Once we got them we figured out why its so expensive...real leather. I did try to match the fabric on the couch to the chairs. Of course the recliners went in the week after I put the camper away for the winter...!

Attachment 8171

Whoops sorry I missed that one--could have posted earlier (I did post this pic in the Axis/Vegas mods thread). Oh well, better late than never LOL.
We recently had the same Monaco theater seats installed in our 2016 Axis' slider and went with the chocolate color leather that almost matches the cockpit seats. Had it out for the long weekend with relatives and decided that we are very glad we invested in the change. Now to sell the original sleeper sofa...
Old 05-29-2018, 04:11 AM   #58

State: England
THOR #11569
These all look great!
I like Jamie's for the Axis. In anticipation I called shop for seats unfortunately the new Axis is 58" so the middle has to be removed.
In case anyone has a new Axis and considering the Monaco from shop4seats
Removing center he said would make it about 54"
Nice work all
Old 05-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #59
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
These all look great!
I like Jamie's for the Axis. In anticipation I called shop for seats unfortunately the new Axis is 58" so the middle has to be removed.
In case anyone has a new Axis and considering the Monaco from shop4seats
Removing center he said would make it about 54"
Nice work all
Which new Axis model? The floorplan on Thor's website for the 24.1 shows that the couch is still 68"?

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/axis/floor-plans/241
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:38 AM   #60

State: England
THOR #11569
Quote:
Which new Axis model? The floorplan on Thor's website for the 24.1 shows that the couch is still 68"?

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/axis/floor-plans/241
Hey Jamie
When I test drove and called again and had sales verify on followup
Plus called Thor
That is length, not width on Thor site
Correct me if I'm wrong
I measured
Sales measured
I think Thor said IDK but all are length not width
Cuz I also wanted to use the couch laying down with out slide and I couldn't fit then I measured
Makes most of the thors for me a non starter in the length I want as can't pull over and just lay down
With twins taken up with people, I want a spot
Specifically 24.1 25.5 2018 /19 model years
And most of the Thor's until you get outta my length
58" really short makes it hard to find