Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Super C 35SB
State: Colorado
THOR #3579
Recommendations for Colorado area solar install

We have a 2016 35SB Super C - we have the residential fridge and my husband has a CPAP and oxygen concentrator. We would like to have a solar system installed in our RV to allow us to boondock - does anyone have a any good or bad reviews on where we could get a system installed in the Denver area? We would be willing to travel to have it done right.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #2

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
We have a 35sk Fourwinds and we also are interested in solar too. I will be watching for ideals myself. How do you like your rig.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds Super C 35SB
State: Colorado
THOR #3579
I absolutely love our RV now! It took a lot of trips to our local RV dealer and one long trip back to the factory in Indiana to fix some major things like the ruptured hydraulic line to our jacks, our fuel line to the rear diesel tanks and many small repairs (broken awning, air conditioner not working, refrigerator fell out while driving, broken water line under the fridge, etc) Now that they have been corrected; we LOVE it. We changed out the horrible mattress and bought a king size memory foam (9 inches) and cut it to size. It was easy using a big butcher knife! Saved thousands on that and sleep really well. Thor factory has been amazing and their customer service has been wonderful. This is our fourth RV and I believe you will deal with a lot of shotty quick construction in every RV, but this was over the top for a year. We now have 24,000 miles on it and it drives like a dream. The power is amazing!!! I love the size of it because you can fit in most campsites, especially in California where the majority are small sites. We live in Colorado and have the same issue at state and national parks. As far as the fridge goes, we love it EXCEPT boondocking is tough! I found a solar install company in colorado and they said I need 6 panels and 4 batteries to boondock with my husbands Cpap and oxygen concentrator. That is some big bucks!!! This is what their response was:
“You'll need a minimum of a six panel system. Four panels for the fridge and two panels for the coach. When the fridge is not running all 6 panels will charge the batteries” I hope this helps!