Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2018, 03:04 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.3
State: Texas
THOR #6728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEroad View Post
Butter knifes should work fine. I use the L shaped tools but the L part is just a way to pull tool back out. Just insert butter knives on each side halfway top to bottom. (Stab them straight in.) Push in on each knife about 2.5 to three inches and the radio will be free. Just releases a detent on each side. Mine only has the detents on each side. Had mine out way too many times. Not radio issues but wiring problems.
Butter knives worked fine for me.

lo-tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #22

State: Ohio
THOR #4003
How do I DM?
Old 10-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Southwind 37F
State: Texas
THOR #1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidorn39 View Post
How do I DM?
Be signed into forum, click on the Name of who you want to message...a drop down menu with Private Message option should appear.

2019 Fleetwood Southwind 37F
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat toad
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:46 PM   #24

THOR #4003
Did you get the address?
Old 09-28-2020, 04:56 PM   #25

THOR #15559
Talking Axxera Radio connections

I have a 2016 Thor ACE 29.3 with an Axxera radio. I have had problems with the video feed from backup and side cameras for a long time. I am posting here three photos of the radio, a 3-port video switch, and the connector between the video switch and the radio.

This video switch WAS NOT SECURED under the dash by Thor. It was simply stuffed up in the dash between the driver and the radio. It was bouncing around and literally fell out of the dash.

Furthermore, the yellow-ended video connector cable was a piece of crap. It wiggled while driving and I would lose the video feed. Despite reaching up in there and re-seating the connectors several times it would not remain tight.

So finally today - I removed the radio from the dash and replaced the damn cable. The radio came out easily with the removal tool provided by Thor with my coach "black bag". Its only about a 24 inch cable. The new cable - which I had in the house - had a much tighter fit. I then taped the connections at two points. One at the video switch and one at the radio. I tested and then returned the radio to the dash. I found a spot under the dash to secure the video switch with Velcro and returned it and all the wires under the dash. I also tightened the screw connectors coming to the video switch from each of the three cameras.

I'm hoping this finally resolves the failing video feeds from my coach cameras.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1700.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	26370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1701.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	26371  

Name:	IMG_1702.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	26372  
Old 10-09-2020, 03:26 AM   #26

State: Michigan
THOR #18348
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamperjan View Post
Call your dealer and get your big Thor bag. It has all kinds of info about your water heater your refrigerator your gas your furnace you need that bag also look inside the closet door they have a sheet listing all the serial numbers to these items. Good luck get that bag.

The info in the bag is also available online, specific to your vin number.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #27

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
The radio removal tools were in the black bag full of paperwork, miscellaneous hardware and user manuals when we picked up our rig.

This image shows what the tools look like. But as others have pointed out, you can accomplish the same thing with two butter knives.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Axxera radio 2.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	26590  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:38 AM   #28

Model: ACE 30.1
State: California
THOR #5809
My questions are about:
1. Getting radio (Axxera AV614BH) out of dash;
2. Getting at the wiring in the steering column
3. Which fuse might be feeding the radio (which is also my read and side miror monitor, which is what I actually care about.)

2016 Thor ACE 30.1 (on F531 chassis as they all are)

I've read that I can get good answers from Thor. That wasn't true in the past when I've tried, but perhaps it's changed. But the Thor website is not accepting my logon.

It was working when I parked the rig in my yard (about a year ago.) It was working 8 or 9 months ago, last I knew. It's not working now. No light, no sound, no joy,

I'd check to see if power is getting to it but I can't get it out of the dash. I've removed the trim plate. I didn't get the release keys from the dealer when I bought the rig new, but I've read it can be released lusing butter knives. In fact, I've done it either in this rig or with the prior rig - I can't remember which! I can't tell if I'm getting it released or not. Should it be obvious? Nowhere to grab the radio to pull on it. I think I remember someone saying they got access to behind and push, but I can't find that in forum. How?

I'm a little suspicious of wiring in the steering column because last year I had totally separate issue (slide inoperative) after some work was done in steering column. Took it back to shop and they corrected it but, as I recall (can't verify memory because... it doesn't work) after correction radio worked only with engine turned on whereas it worked any time before that.

It might not even mater which fuse it should be on, because I suspect it's on a different one. But I'd like to check. Don't want to pull out all fuses as the two fuse boses it shouldn't be are hard to get at and the one it should be is just b-a-r-e-l-y possibe to get to.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:28 PM   #29

State: New Hampshire
THOR #23877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
The radio removal tools were in the black bag full of paperwork, miscellaneous hardware and user manuals when we picked up our rig.

This image shows what the tools look like. But as others have pointed out, you can accomplish the same thing with two butter knives.
Ok one thing everyone skips over is how do get the stupid plastic trim piece off? Thanks.