Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2018, 11:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 34'
State: Washington
THOR #7598
2017 Thor Aria 3401 bedroom slide issue

If you own this model, you know if the slide won't go out, you have no bed. My slide seemed to want to go out on one side and not the other. I was on the final night of a 5 week trip, so, I drove home. The next day I tried the slide, and it went out....I unloaded items and went to put the slide in and it won't come in(one side the motor is not working). I tried the override with the pencil, but, the one side still does not work.

1) If it is timing, it is impossible to do the in/out three time on the control pad, as it goes into "lock" position.

2) Is it a bad motor?
3) If it is a bad motor, should I replace both sides?

I must say, we were on the bubble with "Aria" for about the first 8 months, but, most of the issues were self induced. We are new to RVing and are truly enjoying it. We said we would try it for 2 years and either be in and upgrade or be out.....I think we are in!! Thanks for any help!

Old 08-01-2018, 12:25 AM   #2

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
THOR #7205
It must be a Washington thing! My slide is stuck "IN". Only one end tries to move. I just got it in to the RV shop today. So, I don't know the issue yet, sorry.
What part of WA are you from? East Wenatchee here. And, hotter than heck!
Old 08-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #3

Model: Aria 3901
State: Tennessee
THOR #6882
I had a problem with my full wall slide not retracting. After getting help to manually push in, we made an appointment with Lippert while we were at the Thor Diesel Rally last October. Lippert tech spent 9 hours researching and repairing. He found that during the interior finishing someone drove a screw in under one of the motors which eventually caused the failure as the screw kept that motor from being properly seated and aligned. It's beyond frustrating I know. I told Lippert " you made it, you fix it".
Old 08-12-2018, 06:10 AM   #4

State: Utah
THOR #12702
Hi all, new to the site and just looking at the different topics. We have a 2017 30ft freedom elite and have had nothing but problems with our sliders and it always happens at a campsite. Just got it back a couple days ago from service and they had to replace the wire harness for the living room as it had a short. Found out though that according to the tech that on the schwinntek sliders that if you unplug the motors from the control board that you can then push them in and lock them by plugging the motors back in to act as a brake. I guess it would work in the reverse if you needed to extend but will have to wait for them to screw up again to try it.
Just for info, the boards are located under the bed for the bedroom slider and in the rear of the compartment that holds the cord for the shore power, at least on our motor home, found this out on the three different times they didn't work. One more time and it qualifies for the Lemon Law.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #5

Model: Aria 34'
THOR #7598
update

The Thor representative reached out to me via this forum, however, privately. I wrote a email to them and a rep called my husband. The rep thinks the motor is dead. Tomorrow we have a mobile tech coming that we have used before, I intend to be there (husband is allergic to tools) and learn just how it is done and where the motors are on our motorcoach. We have a 8 year extended warranty, and Thor has been great so far sending us reimbursements/payments etc. We do love our coach, not sure about the type of slider they use, however, if you know how to use them correctly, we think they are good. I will update again after the mobile tech comes.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #6

State: Wisconsin
THOR #12712
Bedroom Slide

I have a 2017 Aria 3601, and was also having problems with one slide motor. I thought it was the motor or wires going from the controller to the motor, but after doing some research, I found a post about resetting the Multi plex firefly controller. It said to disconnect the power supply for a short time and then reconnect it, so I shut off the 12 volt switch and then turned it back on. This worked for me. We just got back from a month long, 3,000 mile, trip and no problems. If the wires and motor are good try rebooting the controller and see if it works. It doesn't hurt to try.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #7

Model: Aria
State: California
THOR #10519
Red face Slides won't slide

I have a 2017 Aria 3601.

I was on a trip and the D/S slide would not come in. The motor would make a noise trying to go out, but it was already fully out. I had to pay a local RV tech to come out and disconnect the slide motors and push it in manually.

I took it to my Dealer when I bought it. It sat there for six weeks before they could diagnose the problem as a bad motor. I needed my coach for another trip. They gave it back to me with the D/S front slide not fixed. This morning I went to open the P/S slide and now this slide won't go out. The motor makes a noise when I try to bring it in, but silence in the out position.

I am not a happy camper.

Tags
aria, slide