Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2021, 02:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Iowa
THOR #3015
Replacing shocks on Windsport

My husband and I have a 2017 Windsport 34F. Going down the road it seems to sway more than we think it should....would there be any advantage to putting heavier shocks on, and if so what would you recommend?

Old 10-07-2021, 03:04 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #21314
We have a windsport 29M 2019. I installed the Road Master anti sway bar on the front and noticed a huge difference. More stable in the wind and driving in the mountains going around curves. If i installed another sway bar in the rear it would probably help more. Just my experience. There are more thoughts about this out there.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:06 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghlady55 View Post
My husband and I have a 2017 Windsport 34F. Going down the road it seems to sway more than we think it should....would there be any advantage to putting heavier shocks on, and if so what would you recommend?
Shocks were known as spring dampeners. There are to dampen-out the spring movement after hitting a bump. What you need are known as anti-sway or anti-roll bars. Your coach has two small ones, but you can add one or two stiffer one or perform the "cheap handling fix". I chose to add Sumo Maxim Springs which accomplishes some the same things.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:33 AM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghlady55 View Post
Welcome aboard by the way !

Use the search feature and look up CHF - the Cheap Handling Fix. A cheap and easy way to improve the handling on your F53 coach. It entails moving the end links from the forward mounting hole on the sway bar to the rear holes. I did the CHF front and rear and had the front end aligned. Our ACE went from driving like a broaching whale to more like of a small dolphin. Others will tell you to get heavier after market bars etc. but the CHF doesn't cost anything more than a few minutes labor for an easy upgrade in handling. It is not a miracle cure all to a lousy handling coach but it is an improvement and it's free. If it isn't the improvement your after then you can start adding aftermarket parts. (New sway bars, Sumo springs, New shocks, Steering Stabilizer all cost $$$$)
A front end alignment, proper tire pressure for your load and the CHF will go a long way to taming your beast!
Good luck and safe travels
Mark
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote