Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Great Upgrade Challenger 37TB

Wow - did a 2.5 day PDI picking up our new Challenger 3TB and drove our 200 mile trip home.

PDI took 2.5 days while suppressor, hitch and TPMS were transferred. Paul Sherry's RV service department is the best we've seen in our visits with numerous RV dealers/service department. They got everything moved in great order and worked off a list that my attention to detail DW created. Nothing major but definitely noticeable cosmetic items.

Then the trip home!!! WOW again. We traded in our Georgetown Class A gasser and I had driven several thousand miles. WOW - driving home the Challenger was much quieter, rode very well and handling was incredible. After applying a few fixes I felt very comfortable driving our Georgetown but right out of the box the Challenger was a DREAM.

To be fair, the chassis is a 22,000 with 22.5 wheels and a 252" wheel base vs a 20,000 chassis, 19.5" wheels and a 228" wheel base. If these are the factors that make the difference - do the deal tomorrow to get one of these improved units. CRAZY good.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Bigben

Welcome to the Challenger family. I agree with your statements on the ride. During my 2000 mile shakedown in March the only issues I had were high bridges in high cross winds (>15 MPH wind speed). Other than that the ride was one handed driving between 60 and 65 MPH.

The larger wheelbase creates an issue for me when entering or exiting my driveway. My driveway exits onto a two lane road with no shoulders so it is a little tight. I'll correct that problem this summer with a piece of 4 foot long culvert and a couple of tons of gravel.

Again, welcome.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:36 AM   #3

THOR #1020
Dave, thanks. Really like this unit. The bunk model is perfect for us with the convertible beds to sofa, to closet.

Also, I see you're retired Army. Same here - 22 years without regrets.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Dave, thanks. Really like this unit. The bunk model is perfect for us with the convertible beds to sofa, to closet.

Also, I see you're retired Army. Same here - 22 years without regrets.
We really enjoy our unit as well especially the outdoor kitchen. In my prior coach we used the stove 1 time, never used the oven, and the microwave was relegated to warming coffee or soup. The outdoor kitchen, however, was used for everything from toasting bagels for breakfast to grilling steaks for dinner. Since we have the convection micro in this unit that may get used some, however, the covers for the stove make great counter space.

20 non-regrettable years in the Army. Right now I work from home (either the sticks and bricks or 6 wheel variety). As soon as the spring yard work is complete we should be heading out for a couple of weeks.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #5

THOR #1020
Us To

We don't have the outside kitchen but ours did come with microwave/convection. We often have upwards to 4 younger grandkids with us. So Mammaw likes to make special things (cookies, cakes, etc) for the kiddies.

As you can tell, we are very excited about our new unit. Heading out this weekend for our 1200 mile shake out trip. Then in June heading west with 3 grandkids for a National Parks trip.

All this time with our grandkids is the main reason we had the washer/dryer installed. Not big loads but frequent.

Hooah!!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #6

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
I have bought 4 rv's from Paul Sherrys over the years. All new. They were decent to deal with and I would have bought my ACE there but they didn't handle that line. They had the vegas I believe. Good to hear they did a good job for you. And obviously your Challenger
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote