Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2021, 09:57 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM41261 View Post
I guess I will be the odd man out on this. I would have no problem with purchasing this motor home as long as the dealer did the repair properly and will stand behind it. From what everyone says doesn't make since. if you had a water leak in your house that was properly repaired would you sell house??
Have the dealer show you what was done and replaced. If it is a quality repair buy it. It is better to know that there was an issue rather than finding out down the road about an issue that was not repaired properly and hidden from you.
I agree with GTM41261 on this one. I will also say the cost of a certified RV inspector might help ease concerns. Everyone on this forum has their opinion and that is all it is, an opinion.

Old 03-07-2021, 10:40 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Can you tell us that this is a "Thor only" issue?
No were in my post did I say Thor only. But 2 seconds looking through this forum will show a person thousands of reason to not buy a Thor manufactured RV.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 11:16 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
That's funny... I see many thousands of posts from folks who are happily enjoying their Thor RVS.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:53 AM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
EA37TS agree
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:58 AM   #25

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
EA37TS agree

Me too. You get opinions here from people who haven’t seen the coach you’re considering. If I wanted one I’d at least go see it before ruling it out. I tend to trust my own judgement but I’d consider bringing an independent inspector along and if it got a clean bill of health why not buy it. You’d sure have some strong bargaining power. And even if it didn’t pan out you’d learn a lot.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:43 AM   #26

Model: 2021 Emblem 36U
State: Virginia
THOR #21648
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbykid View Post
RVT.com has one listed in Oklahoma. 2019 Challenger 37YT with 1400 miles. Maybe this is the one you found with water damage?
no - that one is sold.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
I guess I will be the odd man out on this. I would have no problem with purchasing this motor home as long as the dealer did the repair properly and will stand behind it. From what everyone says doesn't make since. if you had a water leak in your house that was properly repaired would you sell house??
Have the dealer show you what was done and replaced. If it is a quality repair buy it. It is better to know that there was an issue rather than finding out down the road about an issue that was not repaired properly and hidden from you.
Your house is not constantly being hit with 60 mph winds for hours on end. Your house is not constantly hit with potholes. Could you be certain that the dealer found ALL of the molds? How did he replace the floor that is under the standing walls? You know that there is carpet under the bottom plate of the walls Right. think plywood floor, carpet, bottom wall plate. You house does not have that layer of carpet to deal with. Walls and floors are wood to wood..
Old 03-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #28

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
No were in my post did I say Thor only. But 2 seconds looking through this forum will show a person thousands of reason to not buy a Thor manufactured RV.
And I can take you to any other manufacturer forum and find you the same exact reason NOT to buy any RV.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #29
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Your house is not constantly being hit with 60 mph winds for hours on end. Your house is not constantly hit with potholes. Could you be certain that the dealer found ALL of the molds? How did he replace the floor that is under the standing walls? You know that there is carpet under the bottom plate of the walls Right. think plywood floor, carpet, bottom wall plate. You house does not have that layer of carpet to deal with. Walls and floors are wood to wood..
Has anyone other than the OP looked at this coach? The OP doesn't mention mold so where did that discussion begin? It began with one person's off topic discussion about their reactions and over-sensitivity to mold.

Where did the discussion of mold come from?

Not all water leaks in house or RV cause mold. That only happens if the leak is not repaired properly and the affected area is not adequately dried. A mold test kit should determine whether or not mold exists.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JAERJK...c42bb551cad313

As a note, any RV operated in a damp climate is subject to mold even if it never leaked one drop of water. This is especially true for any RV that has a front and rear cap that has a gap between the cap and the structure. The same is true for a house or any other building or structure.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #30
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
We need to put Chance on the case: he mentioned in a recent post that he is very sensitive to mold.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #31

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
I don't know your financial position but consider this.

Look up the NADA low retail price on the internet. Subtract 15%, that is wholesale. Offer to buy at wholesale if it passes your inspection when finished. Just might be the buy of a lifetime. All depends on the year. If it is a newer model year 2017-2021 this is a good strategy if it's older than that let it go.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:45 PM   #32

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
As long as the repair is done correctly and they stand behind it. Go for it
I agree! The coach was built from the ground up once... one more time won't hurt AS LONG as the problem was found and fixed, and all damage replaced. If you can negotiate a great price, go for it! I would!
Old 03-10-2021, 11:15 PM   #33

State: California
THOR #15418
We have a 2019 Challenger YT

Quote:
Originally Posted by witthuus View Post
Some of you might remember my thread that we are looking for a rig with a larger bathroom/shower.

I think I fell in love with the Challenger 37YT - nice floor plan and huge bath

A dealer is advertising a 2018 model. I asked for pictures and he was unable to take any as the rig is getting new flooring. I asked him why and the answer was:

Service just advised me it had a big water leak behind the water heater and flooded the bedroom. It has since been replaced and they are working to put it all back together

Is this a red flag and I should run ? Or is this something which can be repaired ?

Thank you for your advise
Yes the YT has a great floor plan and the bathroom was a huge selling point for us. But we have had multiple slide walk mechanism failures. In fact the right slide was rebuilt under warranty with reportedly upgraded system. It operated on two trips after repair and failed again on the 10th opening operation. Linkages and roller broke when closing thank goodness so we spent a month in the motorhome with that side closed. This time the extended warranty is covering the repairs. I recommend you buy a good extended warranty for the Thor Challenger! Good luck with your purchase.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #34

State: Ohio
THOR #15042
Quote:
Some of you might remember my thread that we are looking for a rig with a larger bathroom/shower.

I think I fell in love with the Challenger 37YT - nice floor plan and huge bath

A dealer is advertising a 2018 model. I asked for pictures and he was unable to take any as the rig is getting new flooring. I asked him why and the answer was:

Service just advised me it had a big water leak behind the water heater and flooded the bedroom. It has since been replaced and they are working to put it all back together

Is this a red flag and I should run ? Or is this something which can be repaired ?

Thank you for your advise
Water gets every where under toilet cabinets bathroom shower kitchen even the walls. Unless you gut everything out to fix it it’s almost impossible to get this floor done. That’s why the original owner got rid this motor home run run run my friend. Amen
Old 03-11-2021, 01:07 AM   #35

Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
The used market for that model is almost nonexistent - that is why I was considering this one. But just not sure if the damage is repairable or if it is a no no

You are right about that bathroom. Fantastic! One draw back to me is that both sinks are in a slide out with a flexible sewer hose that a lot of owners seem to have trouble with.

Ive seen several on RV trader but they may not be local to you.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:14 AM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Plumbing in slides? I agree:
Old 03-11-2021, 02:32 AM   #37

Model: 2021 Emblem 36U
State: Virginia
THOR #21648
We decided not to go for it. It was listed for $120k and meanwhile sold for about $85k - might have been a deal, but not knowing what was damaged was a deal breaker for us.

We keep looking. Whenever a 37YT is listed, it's sold within 2 or 3 days. I heard that Thor stop producing this floor plan. Wonder why as it seems to be popular.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts
Old 03-11-2021, 04:04 AM   #38
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
We decided not to go for it. It was listed for $120k and meanwhile sold for about $85k - might have been a deal, but not knowing what was damaged was a deal breaker for us.

We keep looking. Whenever a 37YT is listed, it's sold within 2 or 3 days. I heard that Thor stop producing this floor plan. Wonder why as it seems to be popular.

Thor still has the 37YT floorpan for 2021 although they list it as Dealer Inventory only. Looks like it might not be around for 2022.

The shower size is 30 x 36. There are many motorhome floor plans that have a 30 x 36 shower. For example most Seneca and Accolade Super C floorpans have a 30 x 36 shower. The shower in my Accolade 37TS is 28 x 41.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:21 AM   #39

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
This one looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3D1DDF27-901E-4BF0-8E49-A51DDA4A6466.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	29045  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #40
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:

The right RV will come along: enjoy the search!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote