Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #8022
Schwintek Bunk Lift

I have a 2016 miramar 34.3 and I can not get the overhead cab area bunk bed to align. Either one or the other side will be out of sink and only fixable by pulling the connection on the opposite side motor and raising one side to match the other . Even with the pins in while driving one side will go down some .
I can not find if there is an upper limit switch contact or should be for both to match to as using the fix in the manual by letting them both stop by themself does not work . Any ideas before I take inot the shop?
Thanks
Milo

Old 09-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
The instructions to re-sync the bunk lift would be the same as the sliders since they both use the Schwintek mechanism. Check your owners manual or Schwintek (Libbert) website.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #3

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Retract then down about 6-10 inches then back up.....repeat 3 times. This should resync the motors... works for me
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:53 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
There are no limit switches on the Schwintek slides or bunks. The controller has a current sensing circuit for each motor. When the current draw reaches a certain amount for 1/2 second, the controller shuts down that motor if the Hall effect sensor shows the motor has stalled and it is near the calculated distance to be traveled. When both motors have shut down due to reaching their max current draw, the controller then re-zeros the counters for the hall effect sensors. This is why you must hold down the extend/retract switch for 3 to 5 seconds. During slide or bunk operation the controller will vary the voltage to a single motor to keep the signals from the hall effect sensors in time.

Bunks will drift down when traveling if the travel pins are not installed. I raise the bunk full up then install the travel pins. Next I lower the bunk until the pins are held firmly in place. To remove the pins raise the bunk fully up holding the switch for 3 to 5 seconds. I have never had a problem with this procedure.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:27 PM   #5

State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Beau388 x 2. Spot on advise. We've got 35K+ miles on our Challenger. Only time I've ever had a problem is when I forgotten the pins. Resynch then remember the pins.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #6

State: Georgia
THOR #8022
Thanks but I can not get the pass motor to work in sink with the other side . The pass side motor will keep running for a few seconds after the drv side has stopped , this happens in either going up or down and thus it gets out of alingment . So I can never get it to have both motors stop at the same time in the same place . Maybe the controller is just not sending the signal to the pass side motor correctly or timely ?
Old 09-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #7

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
At this point, I would call Lippert and talk to one of their techs. 574.537.8900. Also, the link to the bunk lift manual.
https://www.lci1.com/support-schwintek-bunk-lift
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #8

State: Ohio
THOR #9125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgr1930 View Post
Thanks but I can not get the pass motor to work in sink with the other side . The pass side motor will keep running for a few seconds after the drv side has stopped , this happens in either going up or down and thus it gets out of alingment . So I can never get it to have both motors stop at the same time in the same place . Maybe the controller is just not sending the signal to the pass side motor correctly or timely ?
Hmmm maybe the driverside is hitting something to stop it from going down all the way. If not then I would have to say the stop for the passenger side has moved. Our bunk will drop more on the driverside when traveling because where the pins go through on the frame for the bunk are slotted and allow movement. We just run the bed up then down until both sides stop.

Tags
bunk bed, bunk lift