Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarTN View Post
The dear wife has been practicing her Navy showers this week. She also bought some spray on & leave in hair conditioner. We should be good for the trip.

Tfryman was correct when he posted the laughs at my dealership's estimate that I would have the MH back by the end of July.

I went by the dealership to pick it up yesterday (Aug 1st). I paid the bill and we walked to the service bay. She called out for the tech which brought the response, "We have a problem". (I thought about Apollo 13.) The jacks would not retract. It was late so they could not get it fixed. This morning the call came stating the jacks were fine. The issue was a bad solenoid that was preventing the house batteries from being charged. They are having a new solenoid shipped overnight so I should be able to pick up the MH on Friday.

We are scheduled to leave Saturday morning so I don't know if I will have time to install the new shower head. We shall see.

Side Note: I met mark4jesus and his lovely wife the other day when they were camping in Pigeon Forge. Nice folks plus they gave me some tips for my first camp set up so maybe I won't look too much like a newbie.
Been wondering how things were going. Praying you have a great trip. No tools or Teflon tape needed for changing our the shower head. Hand tight is plenty.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:49 AM   #62

Model: Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #12286
To close out this thread, we had no problem showering with a 6 gallon water heater. I never turned on the gas because the electric provided hot water for all of our needs. I even put a storage tub in the shower to give my granddaughter a bath. Plenty of hot water to fill, wash her long hair and rinse. No issues. So it looks like our worries were for nothing.

MiramarTN
MiramarTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #63
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations!
I wouldn't say that your worries were for nothing: I think that you were "investigating all contigencies", and that's very wise...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #64

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
It's a "tankless" job: but it's happy to help out! [emoji38]
Huh, I remember a long time ago when I stayed at a hotel in Germany which had one shower for each floor only. It was my good fortune to carry everything to fill up my pockets that day and one of them was the change they used. I saw a box under the nozzle (which only put out cold water) and very quickly figured out that ONE German Mark equals NINE minutes of HOT water. Fast forward about 25 years and I saw the same setup at a campsite in Kansas. Think it was about 4 quarters though. Glad that is not very common here.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #65

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Bob...you'd drink to anything!
How dry I am... How wet I'll be...
Old 09-04-2018, 08:17 PM   #66

State: Georgia
THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Huh, I remember a long time ago when I stayed at a hotel in Germany which had one shower for each floor only. It was my good fortune to carry everything to fill up my pockets that day and one of them was the change they used. I saw a box under the nozzle (which only put out cold water) and very quickly figured out that ONE German Mark equals NINE minutes of HOT water. Fast forward about 25 years and I saw the same setup at a campsite in Kansas. Think it was about 4 quarters though. Glad that is not very common here.
I remember jumping in a shower in the Philippines with 1 knob for Water. Thought it was a hit/cold mix. WRONG!!! Turns out that folks in the PI doesn’t like hot water with it being so hot there.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:13 PM   #67
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
How dry I am... How wet I'll be...
If I don't find... The Bathroom key...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #68

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskmgr View Post
I remember jumping in a shower in the Philippines with 1 knob for Water. Thought it was a hit/cold mix. WRONG!!! Turns out that folks in the PI doesn’t like hot water with it being so hot there.
That too. After years of living 'off base' in the Philippines, I moved on base and got a good lesson for what the 'H' means. And in Spain it was the 'Butano' bottle that got me a cold shower when it was low.